Post-Game Talk: "Pity Pardy" In Here - Jets lose 5-3

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Avs fan here. Can't believe how harsh you guys are being on the goalie. Two breakaway goals, one went off his defenseman right in front of the net, and one loose puck right in front of the net. I think he's being blamed too much here.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
No one has a crystal ball, but Hutch just hasn't got it. Starting him was a guaranteed loss unless we filled the net on the other side. The fans knew it... why doesn't the idiot that gets paid know it ?

No crystal ball yet you say it was a guaranteed lose? :laugh: Ok then. Can't have it both ways.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
This loss is all on Maurice. Starting Hutchinson was just a dumb thing to do. I've totally lost confidence in his judgement.

It is not on Maurice. It is not like he went way out of the box. He played his current starter in one of the B2B games. It is on Hutch for sucking. You can't blame Maurice for Hutch being a hot pile of s***. He was rested and should have been motivated to keep his position on the depth chart. Now if Maurice doesn't go with Helly next game feel free to blame him.

Klinger

I was saying Boourns
Aug 27, 2013
PEI
Management needs to fire Huddy, Flaherty and Vincent. The PP especially has been abysmal. Why were they trying to draw so many penalties near the end of the game when they do nothing on the PP?

What a punch in the gut after such a brilliant game yesterday.

Derfel*

Avs fan here. Can't believe how harsh you guys are being on the goalie. Two breakaway goals, one went off his defenseman right in front of the net, and one loose puck right in front of the net. I think he's being blamed too much here.

We have our issues here. We're seeing professionals about them, but we have to work it out. Leave us to it.

:sarcasm:

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
But...but Hutch is a career .914!

Not at this rate...

Hutch hasn't bailed this team out in weeks. Hell, none of our goalies have.

What?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Well, there is a bit of a history of s**** goaltending around her.

Guilty Party

Healthy Scratch 4lyfe
Jan 28, 2013
ThunderBay
Yesterday's game was too good to be true i guess.
So many breakdowns and breakaways early and often.

Beaten by the moles.....AGAIN. :(

XDtvdDU.jpg

Derfel*

Management needs to fire Huddy, Flaherty and Vincent. The PP especially has been abysmal. Why were they trying to draw so many penalties near the end of the game when they do nothing on the PP?

What a punch in the gut after such a brilliant game yesterday.

Why stop with them? Fire the equipment guys, the front-line ticket scanners and the guy that deep-fries the chicken fingers. :rant:

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
It is not on Maurice. It is not like he went way out of the box. He played his current starter in one of the B2B games. It is on Hutch for sucking. You can't blame Maurice for Hutch being a hot pile of s***. He was rested and should have been motivated to keep his position on the depth chart. Now if Maurice doesn't go with Helly next game feel free to blame him.

But Hutch has been sucking for a while now. Why would Maurice think anything was going to change tonight ? I don't think Helle was exhausted from yesterday.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
This bodes well for the tank. Though we still sit in 11th pick territory because of last nights win.

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
I want Hutch and Pav to succeed but they can't. I'm not asking them to save every goal. Defence is a problem. Other goalies help their teams out. Thats why there is a player dedicated to defending the ****ing net. Defend it. What is up with Hutch? By this point I'd rather see Pav out there.

Hellebuyck has to start next game. It can't get any worse.

Though I understand why they didn't start him today. If we lost with Helle in net things would be even more depressing around here...

Again excellent effort from the front end. Scoring 3 is enough to win or earn a point for most teams. Trouba was deadly in second half. Wheeler proving he deserves to be called elite. You can score 20 goals and won't mean **** if your goalie lets in 21.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
But Hutch has been sucking for a while now. Why would Maurice think anything was going to change tonight ? I don't think Helle was exhausted from yesterday.

Don't get me wrong, I would have started Helly as well. But it wasn't the wrong call to start Hutch. Hutch just sucked.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

Dude, it is on Maurice, Hutch has been terrible for over a month why does Mo insist on reinforcing fact, Hutch is a bad goalie right now, nothing would have been lost starting Helly.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
This bodes well for the tank. Though we still sit in 11th pick territory because of last nights win.

Looking at the other teams below us, the only way we get close to top 5 is if we move Ladd and Buff and hope for some key injuries and keep getting horibadawful goaltending. Otherwise, we're gonna be right around 10th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad