Post-Game Talk: "Pity Pardy" In Here - Jets lose 5-3

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Pro sports is also very bad with goaltending.

Simply said, your scenario is plausible and IMO the wrong choice.

curious on your #hottake of what's happening with Bernier in Toronto?
do you think he deserves to be benched?

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Fire Maurice.
You keep saying this , while i couldn't disagree more , it is your opinion which is great but who is out there right now that you would like the Jets to hire tomorrow morning ?

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
So are you guys saying that Hutchinson = Dubnyk when he was with the Oilers?

Versus the narrative I've favoured, which is that the Jets are the Wild of 2014/15 pre-Dubnyk acquisition?

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Despite many of the more thoughtful comments by posters on some of Coach`s shortcomings, those advocating for his quick dismissal are wasting their time- not going to happen.

Tthere is still the underlying issue of how, irrespective of lineup, the Jets prepare for; and generally motivate themselves for, the game.It is a massive understatement to say that the commitment is not there on a consistent basis.

Now of course one can only speculate, but it might serve Coach well to change his approach to the privacy, almost sanctity, given to `the room`!! I believe Coach indicated last year that he rarely entered the`room`either before or following the game and only very infrequently on a general basis. He bragged how the veteran leadership were self-starters and responsible for the team`s state of readiness and that he played no role. Perhaps he should actively try to find out just why things are different this year and actually play a direct role until such time as this is rectified?

There is certainly a motivation/work ethic issue with this team. They should be wary of showing occasionally what they are capable of. On nights that they fall really short we know what the issue is.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
There are several reasons I think it was a really poor decision to start Hutch over Bucky:
1. Bucky has proven that he has the ability to succeed in back-to-backs in high pressure situations. As I referenced in the Wild pre-game thread, Bucky started in back-to-backs to start the World Championships earlier this year, playing great and winning in both games giving up just one goal in each game.
2. Although typically you don't want to play goalies in back-to-backs, the situaiton here was different. This was a much easier situation than the typical back-to-back with Bucky facing only 15 shots in the game against Minni and there being a full 25 hours between the start times in the two games. PM said he was going to review the tape before deciding who was going to start against the Avs. I can't imagine what he could have seen in the tape that would have led to the decision to go with Hutch. Bucky barely broke a sweat. It irks me when last year PM said that goalies have to be able to succeed in back-to-backs to justify playing Pavs in both ends but changes this view when it comes to any other goalie.
3. Although fun was poked at the image of Hutch on the bench when Bucky went for a water break, to me the consternation on his face was understandable. Bucky is a clear threat to him. If Bucky outperforms him until Pavs gets back, there is a real possibility that instead of looking forward to a big NHL contract next year that Hutch could be in the A before the year is out, competing against Comrie for third in the organizations depth chart. Hutch is clearly fragile at this time. Putting him in right after a stellar debut from Bucky was putting enormous pressure on him. He cracked and we are bearing the scars of that decision by PM.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
There are several reasons I think it was a really poor decision to start Hutch over Bucky:
1. Bucky has proven that he has the ability to succeed in back-to-backs in high pressure situations. As I referenced in the Wild pre-game thread, Bucky started in back-to-backs to start the World Championships earlier this year, playing great and winning in both games giving up just one goal in each game.
2. Although typically you don't want to play goalies in back-to-backs, the situaiton here was different. This was a much easier situation than the typical back-to-back with Bucky facing only 15 shots in the game against Minni and there being a full 25 hours between the start times in the two games. PM said he was going to review the tape before deciding who was going to start against the Avs. I can't imagine what he could have seen in the tape that would have led to the decision to go with Hutch. Bucky barely broke a sweat. It irks me when last year PM said that goalies have to be able to succeed in back-to-backs to justify playing Pavs in both ends but changes this view when it comes to any other goalie.
3. Although fun was poked at the image of Hutch on the bench when Bucky went for a water break, to me the consternation on his face was understandable. Bucky is a clear threat to him. If Bucky outperforms him until Pavs gets back, there is a real possibility that instead of looking forward to a big NHL contract next year that Hutch could be in the A before the year is out, competing against Comrie for third in the organizations depth chart. Hutch is clearly fragile at this time. Putting him in right after a stellar debut from Bucky was putting enormous pressure on him. He cracked and we are bearing the scars of that decision by PM.

Exactly this! Yes the stats say that there is a .11 save% drop in back to backs. However, sometimes the psychological aspects MUST be taken into consideration and they far outweigh the odds. This was one of those times.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I think before Maurice is fired, all of the assistant coaching staff should go first.

Should have cleaned house completely when Noel was canned.

Our PK is putrid and our PP is abysmal. Defense is horrid. All of this is more of the assistant coaching staff's responsibilities mostly I think...

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
VgvI08l.jpg

Drove past Tiananmen 8 hours ago, kinda funny to see this

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I think before Maurice is fired, all of the assistant coaching staff should go first.

Should have cleaned house completely when Noel was canned.

Our PK is putrid and our PP is abysmal. Defense is horrid. All of this is more of the assistant coaching staff's responsibilities mostly I think...
Can't see ut this soon after they were extended.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad