Post-Game Talk: 2-1 OT Win ... Still alive!

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Absolutely, just speaking to the odds changing and how the last thing Boston wants now is to see a Game 7. We will see their maximum expression next game.
I actually think it's the opposite. I think we have already seen the best of what Boston can do. At this point, they will be back on their heels. I said before game 5 that I wondered if Boston would play hesitantly in the first period, and that is exactly what happened. Contrast that against the way Carolina played against the Islanders (I was flipping between the games). I think a good portion of that Boston lineup, which is now without two of their best defensemen, is thinking about last season and it will impact how they play. If the Leafs score early in game 6, I think Boston will pack up and wait for game 7.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Don't go citing Lanny on me. I was watching Leafs in those days. I watched them when they iced Korn and Higgins too. The real problem is not the quality of the team you are blessed with. It is that you and many others here have gone soft and sit on your God damned couches complaining about everything. There were far darker days in the past. Being a Karen over their construction today doesn't give you clout because some other team that never won a cup seems to tickle your nostalgia. It isn't their behavior...it's yours.
Paul Higgins he was my favorite number 17 at one time.

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
@Havoc

There's the OT win you told us about. Hopefully you're right about the 2 regulation wins still coming.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I actually think it's the opposite. I think we have already seen the best of what Boston can do. At this point, they will be back on their heels. I said before game 5 that I wondered if Boston would play hesitantly in the first period, and that is exactly what happened. Contrast that against the way Carolina played against the Islanders (I was flipping between the games). I think a good portion of that Boston lineup, which is now without two of their best defensemen, is thinking about last season and it will impact how they play. If the Leafs score early in game 6, I think Boston will pack up and wait for game 7.
Problem is the Leafs play scared at home, not loose like on the road. I guess it'll come down to who isn't gripping their sticks too tight.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Hopefully we can solve our problems at home.

You can’t have such little presence in your own arena that teams come in and dictate so easily. I know we just handled Boston in theirs but we seem much worse at home.

I hope Matthews is able to get in tomorrow but I’m doubtful we see him again this series

Reactions: Roo

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
If they play like this the rest of the series, they have a shot. Let's not forget the PP still blows, and even though we played about as well as we can play we still barely won.

The second part of your post is so true. These guys have been so up and down for so many years now and they played so badly in games 3 and 4, there's just no way you can count on them to play like this for the next two games. It could happen, but anyone taking it for granted is clueless.
yea the PP is 1/16. Absolute garbage. Woll at least will fk with BOS heads now

Reactions: ToneDog

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
I just don't get why they can't summon this kind of energy and determination from GAME 1.

You have to play like that to even give yourself a chance to win.

Reactions: Al14 and ToneDog

mapleleafs34

Apr 7, 2011
The only issue with taking Reaves out is that the Leafs have no forwards who can obliterate the opposition with a hit. He forces the opposition to do a double take. They hear the foot steps and panic a little bit more. If we had top 6 players that could do the same, we would be looking like Florida.
Couldn't agree more. Hopefully Knies is that guy

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
One game at a time. Win on Thursday and the demons will start to really creep in for Boston. I am not convinced we are at that point just yet. My guess is we will see Boston's best game on Thursday, we will need to be up to the task.

Nice win, but it is all for not without 2 more IMO.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Don't go citing Lanny on me. I was watching Leafs in those days. I watched them when they iced Korn and Higgins too. The real problem is not the quality of the team you are blessed with. It is that you and many others here have gone soft and sit on your God damned couches complaining about everything. There were far darker days in the past. Being a Karen over their construction today doesn't give you clout because some other team that never won a cup seems to tickle your nostalgia. It isn't their behavior...it's yours.
Wrong again. I do not complain about everything, only take off the rose glasses when I watch 10.5m wasted on a guy who refuses to be as passionate as required to win. He and others have 6 years to find that effort. He and othrrs have failed. I will not ignore their lack if passion, f... them and their daddy, their position of privilege to lie to the press and fans everyday with their bs talk, and whining in front of millions.
So are you saying you weren't critical of the Leafs for ditching Lanny, that you didn't complain. That you didn't suggest that Brophy was not a coach. That you didn't question to your friends the Nevin, Duff, Brown, Seiling for Bathgate and McKenny trade and later loved it.

Being honest about evaluating situations with your lifelong favourite team and debating them is part of sport. Drinking kool-aid is ok for some if it allows you to sleep.
If you are a TFC fan and couldn't see the lack of passion last year and complain about it you must be dead. The Leafs are not immune to this.
It is my ticket money, my merchandise money, my internet money, my beer money, my mental health, be it any of my life long teams, Yankees, Bills, Argos, Leafs.
I don't spend money on kool-aid.

mapleleafs34

Apr 7, 2011
Getting Domi and Marner to try and shoot in the playoffs is like getting the main boards to stop trying to talk about the Leafs 24/7
If they had a 2 on 1 together, they'd just pass the puck until the puck ends up behind the net

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Wrong again. I do not complain about everything, only take off the rose glasses when I watch 10.5m wasted on a guy who refuses to be as passionate as required to win. He and others have 6 years to find that effort. He and othrrs have failed. I will not ignore their lack if passion, f... them and their daddy, their position of privilege to lie to the press and fans everyday with their bs talk, and whining in front of millions.
So are you saying you weren't critical of the Leafs for ditching Lanny, that you didn't complain. That you didn't suggest that Brophy was not a coach. That you didn't question to your friends the Nevin, Duff, Brown, Seiling for Bathgate and McKenny trade and later loved it.

Being honest about evaluating situations with your lifelong favourite team and debating them is part of sport. Drinking kool-aid is ok for some if it allows you to sleep.
If you are a TFC fan and couldn't see the lack of passion last year and complain about it you must be dead. The Leafs are not immune to this.
It is my ticket money, my merchandise money, my internet money, my beer money, my mental health, be it any of my life long teams, Yankees, Bills, Argos, Leafs.
I don't spend money on kool-aid.
Privledge? They're hockey players. Go watch a mugging at a homeless encampment if the privledge ruffles you.

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
Amen to that.
Really don’t get how people claim to be fans and then immediately shit on players after a great win.
If you didn’t enjoy last night you may want to reassess why you’re watching.
This is just so infuriating. These 'fans' should just shut it off, and find another team to 'cheer' for. It's ok to give your team and players heat after a poor performance, but if you can't recognize a gutsy effort in a must-win game on the road, without your best player, you are hopeless.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
The real question is why not go with Woll sooner? Different team when you don't have a soon to be gone playoff seive in net.
Cause Keefe is a shit coach and doesnt have the balls to make a big move like that.

After game 1, I had seen enough playoff games from Samsonov to safely say he will never bring a team anywhere in the playoffs. Hes way too chaotic, way too inconsistent, how can a team succeed with that in the playoffs. Its going to seep into your skaters playing in front of that mess every night when everyone needs to be at the top of their game. There is no calming presence from Samsonov.

Would have much rather try and make a big play going to Woll from game 2 onwards, giving the guy who is going to be here next year competing for a potential number 1 spot some more playoff experience.

Gotta say, I'm happy that Sammy has played his last game as a leaf though thats for sure.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
In fairness to Brad, I would kill for one of our players to have this type of swagger. For starters, this was game 3, and a big moment in the series for the Bruins. I also think he was very strategic with where he said "its over in 5" as he was flying by the Leafs bench. A message was clearly sent to the Leafs bench that he was not going to back down.

Was it a bit premature? potentially. But I'll be real, as a hockey fan I f***ing love it. If they end choking a 3-1 series lead, this will obviously be a bigger headline than it probably deserves to be, but at the time in the series I personally love that gamesmanship and moxie.

Say what you will about Brad as a player or a person. The guy is undisputedly a rat/weasel, but if our star players had even a 1/3rd of his confidence and swagger I am sure we wouldn't be talking about 8 years of playoff suffering.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Domi had stick side wide open twice. Games like this can't go to OT if we want 16 wins we need to start being clutch

Florida was doing it over and over again last year and reach final...

just find a way to win whatever how, its the only thing matter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad