Series Talk: Pittsburgh Penguins take on the Philadelphia Flyers in Round 1 (Pens win series 4-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Penguins are a better team. Play Voracek-Couturier-Giroux to a draw and win handedly. The Flyers are the team most clearly handicapped by coaching in the league outside of Long Island.

If Murray plays well, Pens in 5. If he’s shaky Pens in 6.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Eh the Philyers will probably give us more trouble than we expect, but it should be fun regardless

I don't blame the Bjs or the Satans for tanking today... for PR and ticket sales alone, facing anyone but the Pens in the first round is a must... plus Washington has that choker rep and the last time they played CBJ blew em out....

The devils lost a bunch of close games vs the Bruins but owned Tampa and Toronto... and of those three Boston is the least playoff tested... I don't think running the guantlet through the metro is enticing for a newb playoff team like the devils....

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Flyers fans expect a redo of the 2012 series... its a much different team now... Flyers don't have the depth right now... barring defensive injuries for us... they shouldn't be able to keep pace in a series

Reactions: Shady Machine

turd

Feb 1, 2013
Not to take the discussion away from this series, but quite honestly, I’m also expecting Columbus to beat Washington. I think they match up really well against them.

dig1

Mar 1, 2015
oh, I hope NJ takes out Boston. That's the team that I am scared of in the East the most. I dont think I care about Tampa as they have chinks that will be exposed in the playofffs but Boston. I feel like it's those Kings from the early 201x, except much faster and a better blue line

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Complete this Jeopardy question.

'1975.'

NBC showed someone at the Flyers game wearing a "Schultz's Army" helmet. It's kind of sad if you're still living in the glory of your team from 40+ years ago. Of course, there's probably some jibroni still wearing Franco's Italian Army garb to Stiller games.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Please do not forget that PIT is the weakest team in the entire playoffs at 5v5 (#20/31). Every series is going to be close unless that changes.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
I'm worried about A) Giroux absolutely going off and B) Gudas injuring someone. Other than that pretty confident. Their D is verrry weak after the top 2 and I think we can exploit them.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Please do not forget that PIT is the weakest team in the entire playoffs at 5v5 (#20/31). Every series is going to be close unless that changes.
Those stats mean jack shit in the playoffs, we all know this. Regular season is a mixed back, you get on a streak, you catch a tired team, you catch a team that is injured or just not on their game, etc.

But in a best of 7, you can game plan the shit out of this and luckily for us, it's a very very familiar foe. The only thing that concerns me is that Hackstol seemed to have figured things out, then he didn't for a bit again. But that little Capuchin Monkey looking weirdo might upset us.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
If we can’t exploit this team and their goaltending, or get up for this matchup, we don’t deserve to be in the POs....

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The best stat guy in the business in my opinion has the Pens as second best odds of winning the cup after the Caps. Of course that is 87 percent chance of a team other than the Pens. But still, his models seem to like the Pens from an analytics standpoint.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010

We’re top 3-5 among playoff teams in ES goals and shot totals over the last month.

Team needs to button down defensively. That’s pretty much it.

As for playing the flyers. I actually think that takes the pressure off Murray a little bit. It’s expected that it will be a high scoring series. He can let in a few and it’s not gonna change the fact we’ve dunked on that team all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad