Series Talk: Pittsburgh Penguins take on the Philadelphia Flyers in Round 1 (Pens win series 4-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Anyone know of any scheduling conflicts at the arena for either Wednesday or Thursday?

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
I guess be careful for what you ask for.... having said that, THIS is the matchup I wanted. CBJ is red hot and the Devils are a bad matchup for us, even though it's just Hall and not much else really.

Philly has top talent, no denying that. Guy to watch for, other than the obvious ones is Konecny. Dude is slick. But we have no excuse not to take advantage of their D and whichever goalie they choose.

This is gonna be fun.

Also Caps/CBJ. Have fun, Washington!

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
This is by far the luckiest match-up we could have wanted. Even then, unless PIT fixes their 5v5 GF% and PK, this is still a coin toss. The PP can only take this team so far once the refs put the whistles away. CBJ was a nightmare draw and they get to rough up a contender for us.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
They have enough talent to be scary but all things considered this is probably the matchup we wanted most considering we've had success against them and most importantly for me their goaltending is just as shaky as ours.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I have no faith in Murray right now and that's pretty much what it's coming down to honestly.

Overall in the playoffs I'd agree with that. I think we can get by Philly but only because their goaltending is also ass.

But if we play a team with a good goalie and Murray shits the bed we're done. I don't see Philadelphia as being that team although random goalies get hot all the time in the playoffs so who knows.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
There’s gonna be a showdown...I think it goes to 6, Pens of course....even Jeff Lynne agrees...

Reactions: ncm7772
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad