Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
It's kind of funny because the Penguins screwed up just as badly as the other 30 teams did in passing on Bellerive in the draft.. they just kinda lucked out that he accepted their camp invite (assume he received many other invites) and they got to see him up close and realized their mistake.

It's just unbelivable though how he is performing
What a steal, right up there for JR in all the great moves he has done since taking over

AverageJoeFan

Mad cat
Feb 15, 2018
Pittsburgh
Seems to me Bellerive would be a perfect fit with Sid and Guentzel.
Jordy has been a center so far, but I am sure he would be able to play wing. I am not quite sure he fits there in that line. He does have some tenacity and is pretty strong on the puck. He kind of reminds me of Recchi. So maybe. I think he is probably a year or two out. If he continues to improve next season, I think it is possible he could make the team the following year (19-20).

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Speaking of Bellerive, he had an assist and a +2 (highest on team) in Lethbridge's 4-3 defeat - they're now one game away from going out of the play-offs.

Reactions: AverageJoeFan

AverageJoeFan

Mad cat
Feb 15, 2018
Pittsburgh
Speaking of Bellerive, he had an assist and a +2 (highest on team) in Lethbridge's 4-3 defeat - they're now one game away from going out of the play-offs.
SeasonTeamGPGAPTS+/-PIMPPGSHGSOGGWGFOWFOAPTS/G
2018 WHL PlayoffsLET159162582050751861821.67
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Not too shabby. Doubling last year's numbers.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
It looks like Bellerive’s team is on the verge of being eliminated.

Eliminated. It’s a shame WBS is already done but maybe he can hang around with the black aces.

Last edited:

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
It looks like Bellerive’s team is on the verge of being eliminated.

Eliminated. It’s a shame WBS is already done but maybe he can hang around with the black aces.

Still had a fantastic season.
Still has a junior season left and I really hope he can make team Canada and play at the World Juniors
That would just keep being great for his development

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Still had a fantastic season.
Still has a junior season left and I really hope he can make team Canada and play at the World Juniors
That would just keep being great for his development

How likely is he to do so? I'd have thought he'd be super likely if he kept going at this rate next season but I don't know what the competitionis like.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I know this has probably been discussed a bunch of times, but could someone please tell me:

1) How was it Bellerive was eligible to be signed as a UFA at 18 years old out of the WHL (as opposed to having to go through the draft)?

2) Because of the particular exception that allowed him to be signed as a UFA, does this also mean that he has to play in the WHL or NHL next year, and would not be eligible to play in WBS next season?

Thanks!

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I know this has probably been discussed a bunch of times, but could someone please tell me:

1) How was it Bellerive was eligible to be signed as a UFA at 18 years old out of the WHL (as opposed to having to go through the draft)?

2) Because of the particular exception that allowed him to be signed as a UFA, does this also mean that he has to play in the WHL or NHL next year, and would not be eligible to play in WBS next season?

Thanks!

1) A CHL player who has gone through at least one draft but never drafted can sign with an NHL team as a UFA if he signs a Standard Player Contract between the draft and the start of the next CHL season

2) I've heard differing accounts but I believe they are still counted under the NHL-CHL agreement and that therefore, yes, its WHL or NHL next year.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
For real? Man...this is terrible news IMO.

This was the player I really thought would be a part of the D rotation come next year for sure.
Yeah, I know I don't follow the AHL as much as others here but don't recall seeing any negative posts about him. He scored a hatty when I saw him in Laval.

AverageJoeFan

Mad cat
Feb 15, 2018
Pittsburgh
Yeah, I know I don't follow the AHL as much as others here but don't recall seeing any negative posts about him. He scored a hatty when I saw him in Laval.
I mean a big man, who skates really well, can score....I guess the KHL is going to pay him well. Don't blame him...

Although, the net result was we got nothing except a rental for WBS. Seriously, not the great accomplishment for the org at this point.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I mean a big man, who skates really well, can score....I guess the KHL is going to pay him well. Don't blame him...

Although, the net result was we got nothing except a rental for WBS. Seriously, not the great accomplishment for the org at this point.

Any RFA can run off to Europe. Nothing you can do about that.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Not crazy about Pedan's upside anyway. He's already like 25, I think he could've been a solid #7 in the best case scenario.

Reactions: AverageJoeFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad