Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AverageJoeFan

Mad cat
Feb 15, 2018
Pittsburgh
Not crazy about Pedan's upside anyway. He's already like 25, I think he could've been a solid #7 in the best case scenario.
Yeah, not sure how much further he would have went in development. Still big guys that can skate, puck handle, and have some offensive skill aren't easy to come by.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
What difference does that make? The net result is still completely nothing for the org.

It means blaming the org for it is a bit unfair.

We've also still got part of Brassard to show for the trade too.

AverageJoeFan

Mad cat
Feb 15, 2018
Pittsburgh
It means blaming the org for it is a bit unfair.

We've also still got part of Brassard to show for the trade too.
Yeah, I think Ill be disappointed in the org and be okay with feeling that way. It's not blame, just is what it is.

Oh and it would be nice if Mr Brassard would show up tonight with some production.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Yeah, I think Ill be disappointed in the org and be okay with feeling that way. It's not blame, just is what it is.

Oh and it would be nice if Mr Brassard would show up tonight with some production.

*shrugs* Overreact away then at this terrible news.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
I know this has probably been discussed a bunch of times, but could someone please tell me:

1) How was it Bellerive was eligible to be signed as a UFA at 18 years old out of the WHL (as opposed to having to go through the draft)?

2) Because of the particular exception that allowed him to be signed as a UFA, does this also mean that he has to play in the WHL or NHL next year, and would not be eligible to play in WBS next season?

Thanks!

He went through the draft but wasn't drafted, then we signed him. I think the CHL transfer rule still applies unfortunately.

SwissGrog

Oct 10, 2012
Hey guys don't know where to post but I'm looking for info on Josh Jooris. It seems it may come to Switzerland since he doesn't count as an import player, although rumours are he really wants to stay in north America.

What kind of player is? In the NLA you need a lot of speed and good skating, how did he do for the penguins (both NHL and AHL)?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
He's a big body and a straight-line player that doesn't generate much offense at even the AHL, let alone NHL level. Skating is pretty good I guess. Not sure how he'd adapt to Swiss-A.. probably as a middling two-way power forward.

Reactions: SwissGrog

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
He's a big body and a straight-line player that doesn't generate much offense at even the AHL, let alone NHL level. Skating is pretty good I guess. Not sure how he'd adapt to Swiss-A.. probably as a middling two-way power forward.

I'd roughly concur with this. Has produced at other clubs but not with us. I've liked what I've seen of him - he's got decent speed and has been a good possession player for us simply by playing like a bull in a china shop. But not sure how that translates outside of the NHL where he'd be expected to do more with the puck on the stick, particularly if there's more ice.

Reactions: SwissGrog

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Not crazy about Pedan's upside anyway. He's already like 25, I think he could've been a solid #7 in the best case scenario.

He seems like a poor man's Oleksiak so he's nice to have but redundant.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I see a couple UFAs that are a similar age and could replace him: Ryan Sproul & Keegan Lowe.

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
Don't know anything about Lowe, but I would take a flyer on Sproul. He's had respectable numbers in the AHL, but has really only played with lousy NHL teams. Good size, could be a good project.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Don't know what Sproul's been like as a pro, but in junior he was a big guy who didn't necessarily play big, had a booming shot and could QB the PP, but was kind of shaky defensively.

AverageJoeFan

Mad cat
Feb 15, 2018
Pittsburgh
I would love to see us get someone with speed & size with offensive potential. I feel like the points thing we be just a bonus or could be developed. Maybe more defensive in nature to begin with. Kinda like Dumo.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Every time this thread gets bumped I expect to read that Bellerive cured cancer or something.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
OHL Coaches' Poll released awhile ago. Two Pens' prospects appear in two of the categories.

Sam Miletic - 3rd in Hardest Worker (Eastern Conference)
Connor Hall - 3rd in Best Defensive Defenseman (Western Conference)

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Did Hall even play that much...lemme check...

47 regular season games and Zero playoff games.
Guess it was a regular season poll?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Are the Pens even gonna sign Hall to an ELC? They have till June 1st ...

Seems increasingly unlikely, doesn't it? Maybe they're hoping for certain College free agents and might circle back if they strike out, but it seems unusual for them to wait so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad