Pinto vs. Bath vs. Norris - who has the best career? (Now featuring Greig!)

Who has the best NHL career?

• Total voters

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I think Batherson is all 3. He's the most complete forward we have.

Yeah "offensive dynamo" requires all 3... I wouldn't say his hockey IQ is elite (ala Stone) but everything is high end

Chabot and Batherson have been my favorite players for a few years (the after Karlsson/Zibanejad/Lehner). Wonder who else could join them. Maybe Pinto, maybe Sogaard...

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Shane Pinto right now

giphy-downsized.gif

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I'm among the 27. Don't feel like changing my vote after tonight.

Here here as am!

Maybe Im just buzzed, but are the Senators honestly not walking into a perfect storm (of glory) right now? All of the pieces of the puzzle feel like they are falling into place perfectly if you look at the last 3 seasons in particular,

Getting "lucky" with Norris and Stutzle emerging as star centers in the making is one thing. But adding Pinto now into the mix just has the feeling of something special starting. Thats amazing depth down the middle if you have a cast of star wingers to compliment them - which we obviously do. The wingers might be just as good or even better than the centermen.

But that kind of strength down the middle just might become the biggest part of this teams identity. And our stacked top 6 likely becomes 3 balanced scoring lines once everyone is peaking someday. Three potent duos that can all take over a game on any given night.

And everyone (aside from DeBrincat atm) is going to be controllable from a cost standpoint, There wont ever really be one or two individuals that are the top dog(s) by a mile, Our top 7 forwards (the six + Pinto) are all unique and have a special set of elite skills that they excel at. Everyone brings something different to the table, and the team wont ever be relying on a single player to carry us at any point in time.

Last edited:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Funniest/best part is, Greig going to be in the conversation soon.

Even funnier? Our 2 best forwards (Stutzle and Tkachuk) are not even part of this convo.

My GOD we have a deep ass team incoming. Without even mentioning our current best forward that we just acquired who is only 24, loooooooooooooooooooool.

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
Love pinto but maybe we should pump the brakes a lil on him until we can see a full healthy season out of him. He's gonna be playing on the third line of a really deep forward group the opportunity might not be there for him no matter how much promise he has shown

Reactions: bicboi64 and Korpse

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think most teams are going to put most of their attention on the top two lines & not on a rookie which should give Pinto all kinds of opportunities to make a difference & he has the skillset & size to do just that.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
I think most teams are going to put most of their attention on the top two lines & not on a rookie which should give Pinto all kinds of opportunities to make a difference & he has the skillset & size to do just that.
I think Pinto is going to be this year's Anton Lundell

Reactions: bicboi64 and bert

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Funniest/best part is, Greig going to be in the conversation soon.

Even funnier? Our 2 best forwards (Stutzle and Tkachuk) are not even part of this convo.

My GOD we have a deep ass team incoming. Without even mentioning our current best forward that we just acquired who is only 24, loooooooooooooooooooool.

The poll board is really going to hate us.

I mean, more than they already do.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Hardest poll in a long time. All 3 will be excellent for different reasons. Outside of the obvious high picks Stutzle and Tkachuk, those 3 could/should be our most important forwards (well Formenton and Greig might be in that conversation too)

Batherson : most "skilled" out of the 3, best passer, best "creativity" and playmaking, best hands, should be the most productive most seasons

Norris : most complete player, best shot, best skater out of the 3, good on faceoffs, good defensively, top notch athlete, this guy just screams "I'm good at everything"

Pinto : best on faceoffs, best defensively, one of the best shutdown centers (league wide), not sure how his offensive game will translate offensively yet but his one-timer is also deadly.

Really can't go wrong with any choice but I'd go 1) Norris, 2) Batherson 3) Pinto
That was my take 18 months ago and it seems that it's even harder now.

Seriously, if you ask me to rank them all, I'd go :

Stutzle (will be in a class of his own IMO)
Batherson/Norris/DeBrincat
Tkachuk/Greig

I am just not sure if Pinto will be in the 2nd grouping or the 3rd. Really depends what kind of offense he can put

Pinto is our best player. You heard it here first.

But we could have Jakob Chychrun though!

If we add our 1st and 2nd from the 2023 draft and a "B prospect" like Lassi Thomson! Stop overvaluing your prospects!

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Sorry for the necrobump, but I still find this debate really interesting several years later.

Greig added since I think he's making a case that he belongs in this tier of talent.

My money is on batherson, but i love that its still an open question.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad