Pinto vs. Bath vs. Norris - who has the best career? (Now featuring Greig!)

Who has the best NHL career?

• Total voters

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Batherson think 2013-2016 Blake Wheeler
Pinto think 2018-2020 Danault

Whoever brought up Schiefele for Norris is bang on imo

Reactions: Samsquanch

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury

I like that one, but Schiefele might be a little meaner and more physical/imposing than Norris will be imo. Although its fair to say that Norris might add more of that to his game in the future.

Hes only 6'1 compared to Brady and Batherson who are both 6'3/6'4 each. But hes surprisingly over 200lbs and within 10bls of Brady. So hes absolutely got the thick build needed to play that hard one day, hopefully.

I sure hope Im not wrong, but my gut tells me that a prime Norris and Pinto could be the best combo of centermen this team has ever had before. Spezza likely has the claim to being the best, or at least the highest peak offensively by a ways.

But hypothetically speaking, having two powerful centers that are capable 60-70pts in their prime, both are two-way beasts - yet still unique in their own ways (Norris a bit flashier and Pinto more reliable/safe/) - its a better combo than a 80-90pt Spezza and a 45-55pt Fisher/Schaeffer or Turris. Imo.

Speaking in hypotheticals again here, but there is no drop off in offense or defense between the two top lines if we balance it out by having Stutzle with Pinto. A old wiley vet like Giroux who can play RW would be a thing of beauty to round it out over the next 2-3 years...

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Tough choosing between Norris and Bath as I think they'll both be sticking together and scoring together.

What would it take for Stutzle to knock Brady off the top line? Or even Bath? Both Brady and Bath are physical, so I'm not sure if Stutzle wouldn't eventually be better with one than having them together. I guess Boucher would make that less necessary if he did end up playing on the 2nd.

But Bath and Norris I just think work so well together.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
What would it take for Stutzle to knock Brady off the top line? Or even Bath? .

No need.

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Stutzle-Pinto-Giroux

This team has a deadly top 6 for the next two to three seasons. Let Sokolov, Boucher or Jarventie sub into Giroux's spot afterwards. And life is good. We can get this done without losing a single roster player, or any of those mentioned above.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Imagine how good a team would be if they had all three.
PLUS another good center (besides Norris & Pinto) and another good 2nd pairing defender besides Sanderson (assumes Chabot & Zub are the 1st pair for several more years). I agree.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
No need.

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Stutzle-Pinto-Giroux

This team has a deadly top 6 for the next two to three seasons. Let Sokolov, Boucher or Jarventie sub into Giroux's spot afterwards. And life is good. We can get this done without losing a single roster player, or any of those mentioned above.

Oh, I didn't mean getting rid of Brady. Just meant Stutzle moving up to Norris-Batherson line and Brady moving to Pinto's. But yea, either way, the top 6 seems pretty deadly.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Way too early. Batherson is the oldest and most experienced of the three.

Also, there's the center vs winger factor.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I picked Batherosn when this was made, I also think Norris & Tkachuk are both turning into great players too. I only hope Pinto becomes another big player for them when he gets healthy & they are able to build another great line around him.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Pinto is gonna be better than that. Way more dynamic offensively. Had he not been injured he would be in the mix.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
No need.

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Stutzle-Pinto-Giroux

This

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
If Batherson keeps it up it’ll be hard to surpass him. Career is very dependent on longevity though so it’ll be years before we know the answer to this one.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
In many ways , Pinto reminds me of Tkachuk as far as hockey sense. He is oign to be a great center, and if slides to the 3rd line, it will only mean three waves of scoring chances

Reactions: SensontheRush

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
So have we decided the lines nickname is

2 Men and a Chuck?

TMT-logo-stack-Converted.jpg

Reactions: Alex1234

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad