Pinto vs. Bath vs. Norris - who has the best career? (Now featuring Greig!)

Who has the best NHL career?

• Total voters

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Title says it all.

Love what I'm seeing from all three of these guys this year.

EDIT(2024): Added Ridly, who I think has worked himself into this discussion.

Last edited:

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Yeah Norris is the easy choice right now for me. Pinto has a crazy high ceiling though, he is a year and a half younger than Norris and only semi recently got serious about playing hockey (I think he only switched over from lacrosse when he was 14 or 15). All that to say ask me again when Pinto is Norris's age now.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Pinto reminds me of Patrice Bergeron when he first came into the league. He has the potential to be the best of the bunch as a 2-way monster.

But right now it's Norris, Batherson, and Pinto.

Reactions: Blotto71

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
1. Pinto
2. Norris
3. Bath

Tough to say as Pinto only has two NHL games played, but I love his game so far so I’m going out on a limb here. Norris has been excellent.

Bath is great, but even if he out produces the other two (which he may not), I don’t think it’ll be significant enough to outweigh the rest of what they can both bring to the table from faceoffs to defensive play to possession.

They’re all great though, thrilled to have them.

Reactions: playasRus

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Too early for me.

If I had to pick now I’d say Norris, but comparing each of their first 20 minutes if NHL action, Pinto has been very impressive.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Greig.

but to answer the OP... lol this is tough. Norris' progression this season has been insane. I legitimately thought he'd play another half season in the AHL but woosh. He's around PPG in his last 15 with a few disgusting snipes and solid 2 way play. He isn't getting worked over along the boards too.

Batherson clearly has the best offensive ability and mitts. Could be ~40 goal scorer in his prime. Pinto's physical display and intangibles, including IQ are pretty eye popping for a player playing his first couple games in the NHL on minimal minutes.

I mean.. pick your poison but I have Norris and Batherson ahead. I have seen Batherson destroy the AHL so I wanna lean him, if he improves his explosiveness a tad more with more physical strength, he's a top 5 winger in the league one day.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Norris and Batherson are going to be solid players

So the best case answer for the team is Pinto.

WaitingInVain

Jul 5, 2012
Batherson is the most likely top line player of the three, and therefore stands to have the best career.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I have seen Batherson destroy the AHL so I wanna lean him
This was why I voted Bath. I felt his AHL play was better than Norris', and yeah he's clearly got the best vision and playmaking ability of the three.

But Norris is certainly making his case this season. And if Pinto's offensive game continues to develop he's going to have a whole closet of Selke trophies one day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad