Speculation: Pinder: April 9th Oilers will Change Gm or Coach

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I would actually be ok with keeping Todd McLellan next year if they forced him to choose new asst coaches, firing the current idiot who “runs” the PP in particular, and picked up a new goaltending coach.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I would actually be ok with keeping Todd McLellan next year if they forced him to choose new asst coaches, firing the current idiot who “runs” the PP in particular, and picked up a new goaltending coach.
I’d be fine keeping Todd as an assistant and hiring a real head coach that can motivate his team

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Yeah, Calgary is sure setting the world aflame with that D of theirs...

They're not, but it still goes to show, having a mediocre group of forwards past one really great player also takes you no where.

Giordano > Nurse
Hamilton > Larsson
Brodie = Klefbom
Hamonic > Sekera
Russell = Stone
Who cares < Benning

We're not a D powerhouse, both D corps in Alberta are overrated big time.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I've always felt the organization has as much fault for failing Taylor Hall as Hall does for being immature
I'm just reporting facts straight from the mouth of Taylor Hall...he said he didn't listen to coaches
I'm sorry that bothers you
Maybe Taylor Hall isn’t a credible source?

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Again, you guys are taking your own agenda and making assumptions.

What the **** do you know about what happened overall in New Jersey? How do you know coaching was even discussed? Were you there? Is George Laraque your source?

Mark Messier didn't have a great "lets talk for 3 hours" relationship with Mike Keenan, didn't stop them from winning a Cup together.

From the GM, the message was basically they told him he had his one year "mourning period" over being dealt from Edmonton (because he cared for whatever reason that much about being an Oiler) and they expected him now to basically "get over it" and challenged him to play like Taylor Hall can play.

And he did that. And good for him. The main difference is the team he's on now isn't -20 the minute he steps off the ice, which has a funny way of making a good player look that much better. "Now he's figured out some magic formula!" ... uh no. He's just on a team that just crap its pants for 40/60 minutes a game.
Odd to compare the Mark Messier who had already won five Stanley Cups before he went to play for Keenan in New York to the Taylor Hall who never played a single playoff game when talking about whether or not somebody needs to listen to his coach.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
In any case, the Oilers/Chiarelli are going to be the no.1 joke at the NHL Awards this year, when Barzal gets the Calder and Hall possibly getting the Hart Trophy.

This not some little thing that can be swept under the carpet and kept quiet. The media is going to rip this franchise a new one.

McDavid is gonna be there, and I think a lot of different things are going to be going through his mind if Hall takes that Hart (or is even the top runner up). I think for sure doubts are creeping into his mind about how competent this organization is, he knew the rep coming in, but now he's seeing it first hand.

It's probably a bit of a rude awakening for McDavid when he realizes "you know, I don't think the people in charge here know what they're doing".

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
In any case, the Oilers/Chiarelli are going to be the no.1 joke at the NHL Awards this year, when Barzal gets the Calder and Hall possibly getting the Hart Trophy.

This not some little thing that can be swept under the carpet and kept quiet. The media is going to rip this franchise a new one.

McDavid is gonna be there, and I think a lot of different things are going to be going through his mind if Hall takes that Hart (or is even the top runner up). I think for sure doubts are creeping into his mind about how competent this organization is, he knew the rep coming in, but now he's seeing it first hand.

It's probably a bit of a rude awakening for McDavid when he realizes "you know, I don't think the people in charge here know what they're doing".

ON what planet or alternate universe was Barzal ever an Oiler? Over a dozen teams passed on him. Nobody saw coming what Barzal did this year.

That said, the Reinhart trade was brutal and I pin that one squarely on MacT and Green.

The Hall trade looks infinitely bad this year, looked awfully good last year.

If you believe McDavid, a professional getting the biggest ticket in the history of the game, is mentally weak enough to have doubts when he sees his friend possibly getting a Hart trophy, which he probably deserves, then you have no clue what goes into making a professional athlete beyond the Xbox and Fantasy Pools.

McDavid will come back with a vengeance next year, as Hall did this year. Hall shoved it up Chiarellis ass and good for him. McDavid will do the same to the doubters next year, and will drag whatever team assembled around him, into the playoffs, and barring injury will rack up 125 points.

Mcwinner

Jul 9, 2015

So Barzal was drafted 16th. Does every team that skipped on him also get embarrassed at the NHL awards? The Bruins had 3 picks before this. Not one of those players will win the Calder, hell McDavid didn’t win it. As for the Hall trade, the majority of posters were fine with this trade exactly one year ago. The bandwagon jumpers and crystal ball holders on here are freaking hilarious.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
So Barzal was drafted 16th. Does every team that skipped on him also get embarrassed at the NHL awards? The Bruins had 3 picks before this. Not one of those players will win the Calder, hell McDavid didn’t win it. As for the Hall trade, the majority of posters were fine with this trade exactly one year ago. The bandwagon jumpers and crystal ball holders on here are freaking hilarious.

No we wren't We were shutdown by the mods and other useless posters the day of the trade

Reactions: Jamin

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
The day of the trade, sure but I’m talking about the week before we went to the playoffs. One year ago.... remember?

Hard to crap on a team when even tho they were winning they were winning poorly. Bu Hey finally got something out of my 200k invested in the oilers.

And Of course the Loudest of us were right.

Welcome to the bottom of the league again

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
ON what planet or alternate universe was Barzal ever an Oiler? Over a dozen teams passed on him. Nobody saw coming what Barzal did this year.

That said, the Reinhart trade was brutal and I pin that one squarely on MacT and Green.

The Hall trade looks infinitely bad this year, looked awfully good last year.

If you believe McDavid, a professional getting the biggest ticket in the history of the game, is mentally weak enough to have doubts when he sees his friend possibly getting a Hart trophy, which he probably deserves, then you have no clue what goes into making a professional athlete beyond the Xbox and Fantasy Pools.

McDavid will come back with a vengeance next year, as Hall did this year. Hall shoved it up Chiarellis ass and good for him. McDavid will do the same to the doubters next year, and will drag whatever team assembled around him, into the playoffs, and barring injury will rack up 125 points.

McDavid is playing with a vengeance NOW, that's not the issue and never has been. The issue is the rest of the team and more specifically the people in charge of building that team.

When he looks around the locker room, you think he isn't aware of a suck ass like Lucic scoring 1 goal since Christmas? He knows.

You think he doesn't notice that the D isn't very good despite the GM trading Taylor Hall, a guy who is a Hart candidate this year? You think honestly he's never thought "that Hall trade might've been kinda bad". I'd bet he has.

This franchise better hope that they make the playoffs next year (probably will have to be McDavid and Talbot dragging them back) because if they don't, Connor won't make a big stink in the media, but internally IMO he's going to start to get frustrated with this clown show of a franchise and regret being drafted here.

Earlier this year he made a comment where he said he can't ever be a minus player in a game, because if he is, basically it's an automatic loss. He knows the team around him sucks. He's not stupid.

Mcwinner

Jul 9, 2015
Hard to crap on a team when even tho they were winning they were winning poorly. Bu Hey finally got something out of my 200k invested in the oilers.

And Of course the Loudest of us were right.

Welcome to the bottom of the league again

So your crystal ball is only right 50% of the time, I’d probably return it to radio shack ASAP. There is no such thing as winning poorly unless your goal is to become a night manager at Walmart. We won the Larsson trade last year, the Devils won the trade this year. 1-1 is the score on the board. Nothing else matters.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day. “The loudest of us” gets no pats on the back from this guy.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
So your crystal ball is only right 50% of the time, I’d probably return it to radio shack ASAP. There is no such thing as winning poorly unless your goal is to become a night manager at Walmart. We won the Larsson trade last year, the Devils won the trade this year. 1-1 is the score on the board. Nothing else matters.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day. “The loudest of us” gets no pats on the back from this guy.

Hate to break it to you but Hall is going to be All-Star tier player for years to come.

You're better off just putting away that "scoreboard" before it gets embarrassing.

Adam Larsson is simply not good of player (no where close) to make that a competitive "race".

The GM wanted his darling Lucic and decided to make a massive gamble out of it and move Hall for Larsson. It's stupidity and we'll pay for it for a long time.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
McDavid is playing with a vengeance NOW, that's not the issue and never has been. The issue is the rest of the team and more specifically the people in charge of building that team.

When he looks around the locker room, you think he isn't aware of a suck ass like Lucic scoring 1 goal since Christmas? He knows.

You think he doesn't notice that the D isn't very good despite the GM trading Taylor Hall, a guy who is a Hart candidate this year? You think honestly he's never thought "that Hall trade might've been kinda bad". I'd bet he has.

This franchise better hope that they make the playoffs next year (probably will have to be McDavid and Talbot dragging them back) because if they don't, Connor won't make a big stink in the media, but internally IMO he's going to start to get frustrated with this clown show of a franchise and regret being drafted here.

Earlier this year he made a comment where he said he can't ever be a minus player in a game, because if he is, basically it's an automatic loss. He knows the team around him sucks. He's not stupid.

The way you paint the picture, he is a weak kneed wimp who will cut and run because the team isn't progressing as fast as some on HFOil aka HFFireChia have said.

I think your estimation of the mental fortitude of the highest paid and best player in the game if not the world is so far off base as to not even be in the same universe as what the reality is.

Reactions: TB12

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The way you paint the picture, he is a weak kneed wimp who will cut and run because the team isn't progressing as fast as some on HFOil aka HFFireChia have said.

I think your estimation of the mental fortitude of the highest paid player in the game if not the world is so far off base as to not even be in the same universe as what the reality is.

He's not a weak kneed wimp but he's not a dummy either.

He knows this team cost him a Hart Trophy this year, you're kidding yourself if you don't think he's realized that.

He's the best player in the world, he has the Art Ross trophy, he's having a better year than last year with 40+ goals to boot and becoming a contender for the Rocket too.

The only reason Nathan MacKinnon or Taylor Hall are gonna get that Hart trophy is because Connor's team sucks. And Connor knows that. He looks around the room before every game and knows who's bringing it tonight and who's not gonna give him much help.

Mcwinner

Jul 9, 2015
Hate to break it to you but Hall is going to be All-Star tier player for years to come.

You're better off just putting away that "scoreboard" before it gets embarrassing.

Adam Larsson is simply not good of player (no where close) to make that a competitive "race".

The GM wanted his darling Lucic and decided to make a massive gamble out of it and move Hall for Larsson. It's stupidity and we'll pay for it for a long time.

You are right, Hall is an all star player. Up until this year he showed no ability to help a team win. So once again, I’m very proud of your physcic abilities but You are very wrong on Larsson though. You bashing a good player just to make a point shows that you are just being “loud” again.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

What has he done to warrant a return? I'm sure that he has had plenty of input into the special teams and they have sucked. Many of our younger players haven't taken a step forward this season, etc.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
You are right, Hall is an all star player. Up until this year he showed no ability to help a team win. So once again, I’m very proud of your physcic abilities but You are very wrong on Larsson though. You bashing a good player just to make a point shows that you are just being “loud” again.

Go argue Chia is a good GM on the main board if you want "loud".

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00