Speculation: Pinder: April 9th Oilers will Change Gm or Coach

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
He's the best player in the world, he has the Art Ross trophy, he's having a better year than last year with 40+ goals to boot and becoming a contender for the Rocket too.

The only reason Nathan MacKinnon or Taylor Hall are gonna get that Hart trophy is because Connor's team sucks. And Connor knows that. He looks around the room before every game and knows who's bringing it tonight and who's not gonna give him much help.

And how many times was he over passing earlier in the year? He was not the same player earlier in the year that he's been since the All Star break. If he was he'd be leading the league in scoring by 20+ points and leading the league in goals. In some ways this season jumpstarted his growth.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
:popcorn:

Im taking bets for next years draft position. Nobody wanted to take me up on my bets after game 5 this year.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
And how many times was he over passing earlier in the year? He was not the same player earlier in the year that he's been since the All Star break. If he was he'd be leading the league in scoring by 20+ points and leading the league in goals. In some ways this season jumpstarted his growth.

He had 24 points in his first 20 games this year, last year he had 25 in 20 ... but with fewer goals. He's been as good as he was last year, and even better down the stretch.

The team around him sucks. There's no second line that can score, and the D is maybe the 5th best in the division and if you want to get in a huff about that, tell me why this d-corps is better than the ones Anaheim, LA, San Jose, Calgary, and even Vegas have.

The only other players that can generate any real big time plays on their own is Draisaitl and he turns into a 60 point-ish player when removed from McDavid.

Goalie is way too up and down from year to year. It's not a great team around him, not even close.

These guys are all hockey nerds they follow all the other players too, Connor knows what Taylor is doing and vice versa and I bet the thought has occured to him that it would be nice to have help like that here. Instead he gets ... Lucic.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
He's not a weak kneed wimp but he's not a dummy either.

He knows this team cost him a Hart Trophy this year, you're kidding yourself if you don't think he's realized that.

He's the best player in the world, he has the Art Ross trophy, he's having a better year than last year with 40+ goals to boot and becoming a contender for the Rocket too.

The only reason Nathan MacKinnon or Taylor Hall are gonna get that Hart trophy is because Connor's team sucks. And Connor knows that. He looks around the room before every game and knows who's bringing it tonight and who's not gonna give him much help.

So you believe his attitude is that of a quitter, whiner, and loser?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
So you believe his attitude is that of a quitter, whiner, and loser?

No, but I think he is also a logical person.

This season he has been better than last year. Has more points, and has taken a dramatic leap forward in goal scoring. He is the probable Art Ross winner with a career high points and goals.

Yet the team is going to miss the playoffs by 15 points. Now there are two logical explanations here

1.) Either McDavid is not good enough, not doing enough

or

2.) The team around him is not good enough, not doing enough

Take a wild guess which way he might be thinking right now. I think he has some doubts right now, but will come back stronger next year, sure because that's what great players do.

That said ... great players don't do shit without great teams. Gretzky never won a damn thing without an All-Star team. Neither did Lemieux. Neither did Crosby. And I think that is going to dawn on McDavid real quick. You can't do it on your own.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
No, but I think he is also a logical person.

This season he has been better than last year. Has more points, and has taken a dramatic leap forward in goal scoring. He is the probable Art Ross winner with a career high points and goals.

Yet the team is going to miss the playoffs by 15 points. Now there are two logical explanations here

1.) Either McDavid is not good enough, not doing enough

or

2.) The team around him is not good enough, not doing enough

Take a wild guess which way he might be thinking right now. I think he has some doubts right now, but will come back stronger next year, sure because that's what great players do.

That said ... great players don't do **** without great teams. Gretzky never won a damn thing without an All-Star team. Neither did Lemieux. Neither did Crosby. And I think that is going to dawn on McDavid real quick. You can't do it on your own.

Yes I get all that. Its obvious to anyone.

So what are you saying, what is your point?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Yes I get all that. Its obvious to anyone.

So what are you saying, what is your point?

That he is probably looking around his locker room right now and seeing a lot of passengers, he's also seeing a GM that traded away a Hart Trophy candidate for that team of passengers.

At some point if this clown show is allowed to continue he a player like this is going to start to get pissed off even if he is too classy to say what he feels in public.

Connor knows everything Hall is doing he keeps tabs on him I'm sure and vice versa. These guys all keep an eye on all the other top players to see what they are doing.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
That he is probably looking around his locker room right now and seeing a lot of passengers, he's also seeing a GM that traded away a Hart Trophy candidate for that team of passengers.

At some point if this clown show is allowed to continue he a player like this is going to start to get pissed off even if he is too classy to say what he feels in public.

So you say he will get pissed off if this clown show is allowed to continue? Then what?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
So you say he will get pissed off if this clown show is allowed to continue? Then what?

Then maybe he talks to his agent and they look at some options.

Likely though at that point Katz will realize that he has been a negligent moron and let his team get run into a sewer and will finally understand he has to start making better moves for the team or he is going to lose that lottery ticket.

A player of this quality is not going to put up with this kind of crap forever. If they miss even next year, you're likely going to have a pretty angry no.97.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
He's not a weak kneed wimp but he's not a dummy either.

He knows this team cost him a Hart Trophy this year, you're kidding yourself if you don't think he's realized that.

Is it fun pretending to live inside McDavid's head? Is it like that movie Being John Malkovic where you wake up in a ditch after? You sure are championing his cause, even if it's a made up pretend world cause. Keep fighting the good fight!

Reactions: TB12

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Then maybe he talks to his agent and they look at some options.

Likely though at that point Katz will realize that he has been a negligent moron and let his team get run into a sewer and will finally understand he has to start making better moves for the team or he is going to lose that lottery ticket.

A player of this quality is not going to put up with this kind of crap forever. If they miss even next year, you're likely going to have a pretty angry no.97.

And now you get to the point I am trying to make.

If he is of that mental makeup where he will cut and run, then I think you are seriously misjudging him. It speaks of paranoia to me. If he runs to his agent to look at other options, which are A- hold out and demand a trade, and B - suck it up princess and play for your $12.5 M

I believe it would be B. (but it wont get to that)

As well, he is clearly demonstrated he is not that type. He went to Erie when Erie was a total shit show. He came to Edmonton when we were a total shit show. His character from all accounts is upstanding and outstanding.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
And now you get to the point I am trying to make.

If he is of that mental makeup where he will cut and run, then I think you are seriously misjudging him. It speaks of paranoia to me. If he runs to his agent to look at other options, which are A- hold out and demand a trade, and B - suck it up princess and play for your $12.5 M

I believe it would be B. (but it wont get to that)

As well, he is clearly demonstrated he is not that type. He went to Erie when Erie was a total **** show. He came to Edmonton when we were a total **** show. His character from all accounts is upstanding and outstanding.

He's not going to be happy forever on a team that isn't talented either. IMO that is also a certainty, Leon Draisaitl + a merry band of grinders doesn't cut it, this is a Lamborghini, you don't put cheap $50 rims on it.

I think more specifically his confidence in *this* particular management group is starting to be shaken. When he looks at Hall and what he's doing, you bet your ass part of him is asking why the Oilers gave up on that and for what. You can't have confidence in your boss when he's making decisions like this.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Son? Sorry I don't place illegal bets on the internet on open forums.

But Hey if you wanna do an account deletion and say 5 year HFOil ban that would work

You look really young in your avatar!

You were just talking about how you were taking all comers in your bet invitation last year but now you don't want to bet ( an actual bet )? Its OK, I get it. Hot air rises and bullshit stinks.

As for an HFOil ban, they are "really effective". Just ask Replacement.

Reactions: TB12 and McDaddy

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
He's not going to be happy forever on a team that isn't talented either. IMO that is also a certainty, Leon Draisaitl + a merry band of grinders doesn't cut it, this is a Lamborghini, you don't put cheap $50 rims on it.

I think more specifically his confidence in *this* particular management group is starting to be shaken. When he looks at Hall and what he's doing, you bet your ass part of him is asking why the Oilers gave up on that and for what. You can't have confidence in your boss when he's making decisions like this.

So again, what are his options if he loses confidence?

A- Hold out and demand a trade.
B- Suck it up princess and do what players do, play hockey and leave the managing to the mangers and the coaching to the coaches.
I forgot one:
C- Pull an Eichel and want the entire staff and coaches fired.

He is not of that character to do A or C. He is reportedly of impeccable character. He came here didn't he?

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
You look really young in your avatar!

You were just talking about how you were taking all comers in your bet invitation last year but now you don't want to bet ( an actual bet )? Its OK, I get it. Hot air rises and bull**** stinks.

As for an HFOil ban, they are "really effective". Just ask Replacement.

Sure 2500 work for you?

Reactions: Night Witch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad