News Article: Pilut may want out of KHL contract/return to Sabres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I don't recall that they offered one to him at the outset so
Can't blame the Sabres for not opening with their best offer. It's called negotiating. The KHL team probably set a deadline and said they'd pull their offer if Pilut didn't sign. A player like Pilut would have had multiple good offers from Euro teams. This is on his agent.

Reactions: Jacob582

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Lance Lysowski: I don’t see Pilut returning. For those who missed the latest on Pilut, a Swedish outlet recently reported that he wants to return to the Sabres if there’s an NHL opportunity. Otherwise, he wants his rights traded.
The Sabres aren’t going to give Pilut a one-way contract. A two-way? Sure.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Lance Lysowski: I don’t see Pilut returning. For those who missed the latest on Pilut, a Swedish outlet recently reported that he wants to return to the Sabres if there’s an NHL opportunity. Otherwise, he wants his rights traded.
The Sabres aren’t going to give Pilut a one-way contract. A two-way? Sure.

That's silly.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
That's silly.
Pilut wants to be in the NHL. Sabres want him to be depth. Do they have a top 7 or 8 slot for him in the NHL?

I agree though. If he was willing to come for a one-way contract with no guarantee that he won't spend time in the AHL, then I would love to spend Pegula bucks this way.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
There's always an opportunity if you're an organization 8 d-man. I read somewhere last year that an organization 8D is a lock for 40 games or so.

Problem for Pilut is we can, and should, do better than him when it comes to organization 8D.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
No, well, if he tries to compete with Bryson, I don't know. I'm just not sure Adams would want to find another LD.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Kudos to him for giving it one last shot. He must know odds are he'll be starting in the A unless he can beat out Bryson or Adams doesn't sign another defensemen. Both of which seem unlikely.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Pilut back in the mix is cool. I would imagine if he's back, he'll be motivated since he discovered the grass was not greener elsewhere.

Interesting that Adams has talked about how happy they are that Bryson can play both sides in his presser the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad