News Article: Pilut may want out of KHL contract/return to Sabres

Status
Not open for further replies.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Nothing wrong with cheap depth. He could compete for the bottom pairing. Just as long as he's okay with the possibility of spending most of his time with Rochester, where he was really good.

He'd probably be an upgrade over Fitzgerald but stylistically his competition on the Sabres would be Bryson.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
So he cried about his time in Buffalo and now he's crying about his time in the KHL .
Sorry I don't feel bad for his azz.
Make him stay where he's at.
It is possible that some things have changed for the better in Buffalo since he left.

It is inarguable that things have changed for the worse in Russia since he arrived.

Last edited:

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Aktchually...375k guarantee, 2-way contract Pilut, why the heck not.

Pilut/Fitzy as top pair in Rochester, organizational 8/9 defenseman...makes a lot of sense if he is down for it.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
I want to be 9 deep on the blue line. Should assume 1 2 or 3 will be injured or unavailable at any given point in the season.

That means two legit NHL options in Rochester if everyone is healthy

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Wouldve been interesting to see how Granato wouldve developed him. Hopefully hes willing to battle for his shot like Ruotsalainen. He could take Bryson's role going forward, but I think Bryson is a pretty good player, especially since he can play the right side too.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018

Maybe he could help Joki develop his game offensively by covering for him? Dahlin to the right paired with Sammy and a new partner for Power.

A little competition isn’t a bad thing for Bryson.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Stop pulling random things out of your ass.

He praised Rochester over and over again. He wanted to sign with Buffalo but it wasn't clear if he'd get a one way offer so he signed with the KHL team to make sure he got paid (after informing Buffalo about the situation).
He did get a one way offer from the Sabres. His agent rushed him into signing with the KHL team rather than wait for the Sabres counter offer.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Aktchually...375k guarantee, 2-way contract Pilut, why the heck not.

Pilut/Fitzy as top pair in Rochester, organizational 8/9 defenseman...makes a lot of sense if he is down for it.
Does Pilut really want to be here or be where he can get the most money?

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
He’s depth who has trade value

he could work well with Joki

maybe buffalo has had offers on bryson or Bryson+ forward for a RD in the 22-24 age range.

if they have another young RD that could change how they draft

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
I have a feeling he doesn't care what organization or level he plays at, as long as it's North America.

Reactions: Kyndig

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
1654223274441.jpeg

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
No issue with bringing him in for a year, for a shot, and let him at least play in the AHL. There are "worse things"; but I do agree that he's no guarantee at all to make the NHL. Even on our shitty roster :P The defense on the left side is stacked. He's behind 5 guys bare minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad