News Article: Pilut may want out of KHL contract/return to Sabres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
His stats are declining in the KHL, he's 5'11", and a left shot -- not going to break out the champaigne over this news.
:partytime:

I'm a Pilut fan. Just more depth in the organization, if he's will to sign a 2-way contract (which I feel like he didn't want to do the last time he was a FA).

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

allsilverdreams

Jan 17, 2011
So he cried about his time in Buffalo and now he's crying about his time in the KHL .
Sorry I don't feel bad for his azz.
Make him stay where he's at.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
It will not be easy for him to compete with Bryson for the 6/7 spot. Jacob is much faster. It is also unlikely that he will want to play in the AHL.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
So he cried about his time in Buffalo and now he's crying about his time in the KHL .
Sorry I don't feel bad for his azz.
Make him stay where he's at.
Stop pulling random things out of your ass.

He praised Rochester over and over again. He wanted to sign with Buffalo but it wasn't clear if he'd get a one way offer so he signed with the KHL team to make sure he got paid (after informing Buffalo about the situation).

Lloydchristmas138

Aug 3, 2010
Chances are he is better than Bryson. He also played under Krueger, so he would probably be much better for Donny.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Goodbye Lawrence Pilut
Pilot managed his career like a candle in the wind.
Never knowing who to play for when free agency came.
His candle burned out long before his legend ever did.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He needs to know he'd be further down the depth chart and they would likely have him over a barrel with regards to the 2-way deal that sunk the last negotiations. If so, fine.

He's better than any of the other defensemen currently in Rochester offensively. If they are looking to have someone around to help say, a 19-year old Swede and a 19-year old Russian... there might be a fit just by having a guy who has a variety of experiences and exposure under his belt.

Reactions: Dingo44

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
There may be a lot of opportunities to sign players for the Amerks due to North Americans not wanting to return to the KHL due to the Ukraine crisis. Of course, there are going to be players available to the other teams as well.

Just need to balance who is best to develop the guys we want to develop while having a strong team around the prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad