Phoenix CXXXIII: Colonel Shuffle's Last 'Ownership' Hill To Die On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
You would be correct...too much competition in the Arizona market...

However...according to the Coyotes Executive team page...John Knebel is the current Executive Vice President, Corporate Partnerships & Premium Seating...

So...it appears John is out and Mike is his replacement?

Source: www.nhl.com/coyotes/team/staff

This guy Knebel's full title as Director of Corporate Partnerships & Premium Seating reads to me he's responsible for Suite Sales & Leases, premium corporate ticket sales so he'd be junior to Berry who's task it is is to try & monetize tangible & intangible advertising & sponsorship platforms in-building, around the building, on-line & so on. Tickets & suites included in those packages in some if not all cases but more as "perks", incentives, part of a much broader & much more expensive package.... So he will work with Knebel & for that matter AEG in putting together proposals that includes Coyote & possibly other event activities at GRA. So no, unless I'm totally mistaken I dont see Knebel being shown the door, replaced, his activities complimenting Berrys'.... And ya, this gunna be one monumentally tough task, trying to rope in major, medium sized, even the smaller corporate sponsors.

Last edited:

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Payments are due by June 30, 2019. So either a investor comes to help out or this team is Moving to Houston for the 2019 / 2020

The BOG will not be paying anymore into this cause . so they have 14 months to figure it out. Houston is waiting to pay $350 and clear the debts. Barroway would keep 20% of the team if it moves.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Payments are due by June 30, 2019. So either a investor comes to help out or this team is Moving to Houston for the 2019 / 2020

The BOG will not be paying anymore into this cause . so they have 14 months to figure it out. Houston is waiting to pay $350 and clear the debts. Barroway would keep 20% of the team if it moves.

Source?

Killion

Feb 19, 2010

And where are you getting this from?.... Solid conjecture/speculation for sure.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Take it for what its worth. but if you scroll on my posts in the past you can see most of what I say comes to fruition. I am posting in the Canuck section

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Having what I said. The NHL #1 desire is to stay in Phoenix Reading the tea leaves. I would say once again . Asian money needs to come to the rescue that along with the Tribe Land will Save the Coyotes. Unless they are bluffing about Glendale being a non - starter. I do know that Mr Jacobs really likes the idea of being in Houston. Everyone should keep in mind is that Mr Jacobs calls this shots in the NHL.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
i do not claim to be a insider. But I do have some information that filters down to me . I would say I am right 70% of the time ... regardless. the Phoenix situations needs to be resolved before the end of the 2018/ 2019 .... season . that is for sure. I think we can all agree this has gone one a bit too long?

Reactions: Killion

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
i do not claim to be a insider. But I do have some information that filters down to me . I would say I am right 70% of the time ... regardless. the Phoenix situations needs to be resolved before the end of the 2018/ 2019 .... season . that is for sure. I think we can all agree this has gone one a bit too long?

350, if it's the right number, makes sense given what we have calculated about the debt load. Ok the low end, but makes sense.

Comments about the BOG paying no more make sense given that the working assumption has been that the BOG is underwriting this mess.

However, given that this is.'information that filters down to me', it bears mentioning that there is the Calgary situation, where the relo threat, if it exists, must be to Houston.

As I've said..... The next year will be very interesting.....

I'm curious, Canuck, if your posting today is based on new information, or the same that led you to post similar before?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

Look, what you posted makes sense and, in fact, it aligns with my theory of what's likely to happen. The problem is, we can't couch stuff like this in terms that allege fact unless we have sourcing for it... at least, that's been the de facto modus operandi around here (and the only reason I stick around at times, given the sheer volume of "opinion" we get :sarcasm:). That's why I asked.

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
Look, what you posted makes sense and, in fact, it aligns with my theory of what's likely to happen. The problem is, we can't couch stuff like this in terms that allege fact unless we have sourcing for it... at least, that's been the de facto modus operandi around here (and the only reason I stick around at times, given the sheer volume of "opinion" we get :sarcasm:). That's why I asked.

I agree, TFP. I'm no moderator, but I also have a contact or two. I don't post what I hear from them in open forum, out of respect for them. And I wouldn't post any details as rumor without clearing with the mods what my source was.

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
How long is the contract of AEG and COG? And, specifically, does the out clause in the case of the Coyotes moving end sooner?

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
How long is the contract of AEG and COG? And, specifically, does the out clause in the case of the Coyotes moving end sooner?

Five years...per this article...

To quote:

"AEG Facilities' deal comes with an out-clause that allows the company to renegotiate the deal or to walk away from it if the Coyotes vacate Gila River Arena or if the arena's naming-rights agreement crumbles."

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
I agree, TFP. I'm no moderator, but I also have a contact or two. I don't post what I hear from them in open forum, out of respect for them. And I wouldn't post any details as rumor without clearing with the mods what my source was.

... no worries.... the posters not articulating anything new, nothing that hasnt been discussed here; thats a working theory.... he's not claiming any "insider status"... so... its fine..... now.... MNN..... imagine, just for a moment.... if there were no hypothesis... not just about this matter but about everything.... ha? :laugh:

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
Not being critical. Just expressing how I would do.

And, you are right. In the big picture, that's nothing new..

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
Re: the timeline Canuck posted, there are things that makes sense. Based on the timing of the first post on Dec. 7...IMO the league was OK with letting the auto-renewal kick take place in exchange with this timeline and a real end game.

Agreed I can't see the league wanting to back this forever and with report that Barroway is looking for investors, it matches what Kypreos was saying earlier in the season about concerns he doesn't have enough to get him through the season.

If Fertitta is looking at paying 350 million for 80% of the team essentially that's a good price point with today's values and the league will spin the number on how they want it to read. They get a desired market and get this mess cleaned up sounds too much of a solution should they get nowhere with new investors and/or arena.

So if he's looking at investors now how soon could we hear news? I would say if terms are agreeable with who he's talking to, we should hear something by the June BOG meetings, otherwise silence will continue to be golden.

Reactions: Llama19 and Killion

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Unbelievable as it is, I agree Mightgoose.... over a decade wandering the wilderness... absolutely Biblical.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !

Thanks for your input. But Coyotes are in AZ for like what 20something years now...and stories and rumors like this...we've seen them since like 19 years out of 20.

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
Thanks for your input. But Coyotes are in AZ for like what 20something years now...and stories and rumors like this...we've seen them since like 19 years out of 20.

tumblr_okmjrv6Eg91uauof6o1_250.gif

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Winnipeg was announced in mid-May when the Thrashers moved, and that was to a city as turn-key as it gets. If Houston ends up buying this team with the thought of playing next season there... then that process needs to be underway right now and you are going to hear about it before the playoffs are over. Maybe as early as the end of the season.

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
Winnipeg was announced in mid-May when the Thrashers moved, and that was to a city as turn-key as it gets. If Houston ends up buying this team with the thought of playing next season there... then that process needs to be underway right now and you are going to hear about it before the playoffs are over. Maybe as early as the end of the season.

Along the same lines...there is now speculation, from another poster on another thread, that Barroway will soon be bought out...

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Along the same lines...there is now speculation, from another poster on another thread, that Barroway will soon be bought out...

Been lurking in F40 again, eh??? ;)

:popcorn:

Reading the new hire announcement above I’m reminded of the movie “Secret Of My Success” when young Brantly Foster walks in to report for his new job in New York and his “boss” tells him “You’re fired, kid. We’ve been taken over.”

Last edited:
Reactions: The Feckless Puck

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
An underrated piece of 80s cheese, that flick. I just hope we're the Brantley and not the Uncle Howard.

Fairview

Jan 30, 2016
I believe that is the same poster that has been claiming an imminent replacement/buyout of BorrowAway for months now. He just keeps punting the expected completion date further down the line. I wonder if Bettman is his source? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Mightygoose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad