Phoenix CXXXI: Looking for the Barroway Necessities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
And here everyone thought the IA boys left penny less?? ;)

.... ha!...... they've very likely got the wherewithal to join that fraternity, the CFL..... dont really wanna get into it TBH.... stray way waaaaaaaaay off topic if we start chasing that story..... enough to know Tony's not in Re-Hab.... wasnt committed to a sanitarium.... buried in a hole out in the desert somewhere.... that he's alive & well, keeps on keepin on with the Shenanigans.... hilarious hijinx... partnered up with Drummond, like the Lewis & Martin, Cheech & Chong of Big League Wannabe Owners or whatever.... Guess he's given up the ghost of the AHL or ECHL in Thunder Bay huh? Bummer.... anyhoo.... CFL always welcoming to scoundrels, miscreants & Rounders..... Home at last.

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
Maybe the CFL is right in their pay grade.

Tannenbaum and the Flames are both involved in their ownership of the Argos and Stamps.

Aquillini family has looked at the Lions and may buy when Braley is ready for a serious sale.

Maybe they'll give LeBlanc a reference :laugh:

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Being an owner in the CFL can be a direct path to ending up penny less.
.... ha!...... they've very likely got the wherewithal to join that fraternity, the CFL..... dont really wanna get into it TBH.... stray way waaaaaaaaay off topic if we start chasing that story..... enough to know Tony's not in Re-Hab.... wasnt committed to a sanitarium.... buried in a hole out in the desert somewhere.... that he's alive & well, keeps on keepin on with the Shenanigans.... hilarious hijinx... partnered up with Drummond, like the Lewis & Martin, Cheech & Chong of Big League Wannabe Owners or whatever.... Guess he's given up the ghost of the AHL or ECHL in Thunder Bay huh? Bummer.... anyhoo.... CFL always welcoming to scoundrels, miscreants & Rounders..... Home at last.

Yeah... I can understand. Both of you have far more knowledge of the CFL than I do.

Sometimes it’s just weird how the same characters wind up in other similar circles.

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
.... :laugh: well that answers the "Wheres Tony"? questions..... He & Drummond cashing Barroways checks, next stop Halifax.... that is just too much... cant stop laughing..... "very credible presentation"..... yeah, I just bet it was.... reckon those Boys will fit right in with the CFL if they can pull this one off.
Christ all Mighty!
As much as I would like to see a CFL team in the Maritimes, this concept is done before it gets started with these idiots running the show.

cutchemist42

Apr 7, 2011
Winnipeg
Lived in Winnipeg since 99, grew up in Halifax as a kid though. Always said of Halifax got a team, im going there the 1st time they play my Bombers.

Lets see how this turns out haha...

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
LeBlanc and the Gliebermans should go into partnership in buying a CFL franchise

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
Christ all Mighty!
As much as I would like to see a CFL team in the Maritimes, this concept is done before it gets started with these idiots running the show.

I do not know...but maybe...just maybe...
the local government will given LeBlanc and Company...
a nice, big, fat stadium management fee... :D

Reactions: Fairview

JMROWE

Apr 2, 2010
Hamilton Ontario
Why won't the NHL. let the Coyotes die all ready & move them to Seattle because this crap has been going on for lord knows how long & every time they try to do something with the coyotes they fail miserably & they continue to try the same thing over & over again expecting a different result that my friend is what we call insanity & Gary Bettman & the NHL. are prime examples of insanity .

There is no way the NHL . & Bettman are going to get arena for the coyotes they have been told no by all levels of government in Arizona & basically have been told move & don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out .

Reactions: Fairview

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Why won't the NHL. let the Coyotes die all ready & move them to Seattle because this crap has been going on for lord knows how long & every time they try to do something with the coyotes they fail miserably & they continue to try the same thing over & over again expecting a different result that my friend is what we call insanity & Gary Bettman & the NHL. are prime examples of insanity .

There is no way the NHL . & Bettman are going to get arena for the coyotes they have been told no by all levels of government in Arizona & basically have been told move & don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out .

The location of the GRA killed them.

Relocation takes time, where are they going to play? Where are they going to practice? Who is going to own them and how much are they willing to pay? Who knows, maybe there is a negotiation going on we have no clue about, a la the Jets.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Just when it couldn't get any weirder. It does. WTF Leblanc is now coming to the CFL? This news is so shocking I've come back to the BOH boards.

You don't even know how much I love the CFL, and so want a team in the Maritimes, but like this? I'm not sure how to feel...

Reactions: Killion

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Arizona Coyotes accused of threatening employees, union busting in NLRB complaints

The Coyotes face a Jan. 9 hearing before an NLRB administrative-law judge on another investigation. In that case, a former ticket salesman alleges the Coyotes interfered with employees' rights to unionize. James Whitener claims the Coyotes fired him for engaging in protected labor activities, and the team asked employees to sign separation agreements that were "overly broad and unlawful."

We will see what happens in January.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Arizona Coyotes accused of threatening employees, union busting in NLRB complaints

The Coyotes face a Jan. 9 hearing before an NLRB administrative-law judge on another investigation. In that case, a former ticket salesman alleges the Coyotes interfered with employees' rights to unionize. James Whitener claims the Coyotes fired him for engaging in protected labor activities, and the team asked employees to sign separation agreements that were "overly broad and unlawful."

We will see what happens in January.

His story. Coyotes can simply claim it was performance issues and since Arizona is a right to work state they can actually terminate you for just about anything. Could end up being a test of that.

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
Insider Trading: Could Houston land the next NHL team? - Article - TSN

Darren Dreger:

but I’m told that the Coyotes and the National Hockey League are currently working on yet another arena process.

Not sure what doors Gary might be banging on or what exactly the NHL can do to facilitate a new arena other than getting people to talk I guess...

More talking is the last thing needed...what is needed is cash from Barroway and action as in an actual building...

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
More talking is the last thing needed...what is needed is cash from Barroway and action as in an actual building...

This. They need to buckup. Putup or shutup. Enough with the nonsense. They have a great Lease as it is at GRA and if any further accommodations are to be made they need to talk to the City of Glendale & AEG, amongst themselves. The East Valley or Downtown, with a Tribe, get real already. Beyond a Moonshot, were talking inter-stellar, inter-galactic to be thinking along those lines. The only way that happens is with totally private financing, minimal public support. In todays climate, given that club & the Leagues track record, that they already have a beautiful facility to which the taxpayers still owe tens of millions on? This is just beyond frustrating

... and ya wpgallday.... it does make too much sense. pretty much looks like its a very real possibility.

Reactions: Llama19

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
His story. Coyotes can simply claim it was performance issues and since Arizona is a right to work state they can actually terminate you for just about anything. Could end up being a test of that.

Exactly. Now is it plausible, possible? Sure. However in the scheme of things really rather a minor issue.

Lets not be making a meal of this People. Wait, see what facts come out. Dont be rushing to judgment.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Total speculation on my part, but I think Barroway sells to Houston after the season ends. Makes too much sense at this point.

What confuses me about this "sale" potential...

When the Thrashers were sold to TNSE, it appeared that the NHL was doing what it could to make it so the Atlanta owners didn't turn this into a financial windfall.... yet with the Coyotes, it appears that the IA group made some money off their efforts ( from Barroway mind you ) and if Barroway ends up selling to Houston, it's likely he might end up with a tidy sum of cash when it's all done. Seems like the ineptitude that has been running the Coyotes is getting rewarded for some reason.

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
What confuses me about this "sale" potential...

When the Thrashers were sold to TNSE, it appeared that the NHL was doing what it could to make it so the Atlanta owners didn't turn this into a financial windfall.... yet with the Coyotes, it appears that the IA group made some money off their efforts ( from Barroway mind you ) and if Barroway ends up selling to Houston, it's likely he might end up with a tidy sum of cash when it's all done. Seems like the ineptitude that has been running the Coyotes is getting rewarded for some reason.

I think you are right, but I would actually say that the reason such is possible is due to the league mandated 500M franchise price. For example....

IA purchased the team with, basically, 170M of loan money. Effectively, they owned it for 2 years (2013 to 2015 when COG cancelled the lease, and shortly thereafter Barroway started to come in). At the point where Barroway came in, the value was up to 305M.

Now, Barroway have effectively been the owner, in some majority or solo manner for about 2.5 years, and it will be 3 before a sale is effected. At that point, the price will be 500M.

So, all the losses are covered by the Franchise Value gains....

However, it's a bit of a risk on the part of Bettman to promise these guys that that will happen when they buy in. For example, what if Fertitta says, "No. I'm not buying in at that price. I would love to have Toyota Center full, but not at that price for a hockey team. Especially not when, if the Houston market doesn't jump on the bandwagon, there is no one to sell to...." In that case, what does Bettman do? Maybe tells Barroway to wait for Seattle's arena? Could be....

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Exactly. Now is it plausible, possible? Sure. However in the scheme of things really rather a minor issue.

Lets not be making a meal of this People. Wait, see what facts come out. Dont be rushing to judgment.

K.... just speaking from experience. It's certainly possible. But as I said before Arizona is a right to work state. Unions exist here but they don't have the clout in other states. In the case where the individual was not paid the overtime, that is something that the NLRB can sink their teeth into. But.....We don't know if the employee was salaried or paid hourly. Or how hours were determined (time clock, write in... etc.). I am waiting to see more information.... but as is usual with these cases more charges get piled on than are really plausible.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
K.... just speaking from experience. It's certainly possible. But as I said before Arizona is a right to work state. Unions exist here but they don't have the clout in other states. In the case where the individual was not paid the overtime, that is something that the NLRB can sink their teeth into. But.....We don't know if the employee was salaried or paid hourly. Or how hours were determined (time clock, write in... etc.). I am waiting to see more information.... but as is usual with these cases more charges get piled on than are really plausible.

Yeah we just dont know, dont have enough details to really be making ANY kind of judgement one way or the other and absolutely, "hourly or salaried", just so many distinctions, factors involved. I'd be surprised if someone in ticket sales & marketing was paid hourly but I suppose its possible. Base salary & commission I could see but I have no idea exactly what the guy was doing, frankly.... DONT CARE. Complaints like this are a dime a dozen, every sector, industry. These people who filed the complaints whether justified or not we just dont know, it does speak to some of the questionable practices & just general mismanagement & disregard, lack of straight shooting under LeBlanc & Drummond...

Barroway from what Ive determined little more than a passenger working from home or his offices up north, not even involved day-day like that during the period in question so rather like the Polo Club fiasco, possible another misstep, financial & otherwise. Its not the kind of publicity the club needs or wants, especially at this rather critical juncture, a lot of smoke, wouldnt be the first time a disgruntled employee decided to "get even" if aggrieved, obviously well aware of the nasty PR hit, I mean..... Things like this just annoy me. Its a distraction from more important issues, its unproven yet reinforces the already negative opinions many have of the organization which are justified but it tars Barroway & the club with the same brush that deservedly was used on the previous regime. And we dont know if its even true. If it is, then heap on LeBlanc & Drummond because if it is true, rather nasty bag of **** to be leaving behind in the office for Andrew Barroway & Steve Patterson to clean up & pay for huh?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
On the Jets board we have a thread approaching 3K posts.

Glad to see you're at least keeping the tradition (1k) alive in the mega thread world. After it's all over (or anytime really) someone could do a chart showing a new "fancy stat" the changing pace of Coyote megathread titles threads over the years this way :handclap:

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Yeah we just dont know, dont have enough details to really be making ANY kind of judgement one way or the other and absolutely, "hourly or salaried", just so many distinctions, factors involved. I'd be surprised if someone in ticket sales & marketing was paid hourly but I suppose its possible. Base salary & commission I could see but I have no idea exactly what the guy was doing, frankly.... DONT CARE. Complaints like this are a dime a dozen, every sector, industry. These people who filed the complaints whether justified or not we just dont know, it does speak to some of the questionable practices & just general mismanagement & disregard, lack of straight shooting under LeBlanc & Drummond...

Barroway from what Ive determined little more than a passenger working from home or his offices up north, not even involved day-day like that during the period in question so rather like the Polo Club fiasco, possible another misstep, financial & otherwise. Its not the kind of publicity the club needs or wants, especially at this rather critical juncture, a lot of smoke, wouldnt be the first time a disgruntled employee decided to "get even" if aggrieved, obviously well aware of the nasty PR hit, I mean..... Things like this just annoy me. Its a distraction from more important issues, its unproven yet reinforces the already negative opinions many have of the organization which are justified but it tars Barroway & the club with the same brush that deservedly was used on the previous regime. And we dont know if its even true. If it is, then heap on LeBlanc & Drummond because if it is true, rather nasty bag of **** to be leaving behind in the office for Andrew Barroway & Steve Patterson to clean up & pay for huh?

Definitely..... and it gets back to my tin foil hat moment a while back where I suggested the league (nee Bettman) had Barroway buy out the original IA member to get them out after they managed to get the GRA lease cancelled and some of these other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad