Phoenix CXXXI: Looking for the Barroway Necessities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
For the 80's crowd,

Phoenix CXXXII: Desperately Seeking Subsidy:nod:

.... Only problem is.... are they? From whom? We havent heard a word, nothing. Nothing on the books (as of yet anyway) with the State; I suppose there might be something going on with the City of Phoenix but I rather doubt it. Sarver waiting it out, time on his side, Mayor Stanton soon a goner... though he does have bigger ambitions & plans to run for a State Seat so even failing to get anything done with Sarver let alone the Coyotes if elected at State level (which is likely) then he could be the next Worsley. Crafting a Bill, Sponsoring it, subsidies for all; D-Backs, Suns & Coyotes... thats "if" the Coyotes are even still around by like 2019/20 or thereafter which I'm just not seeing.... You? Anyone? Seriously believe the club can make it, last through 2020/21 & beyond playing out of GRA? That Sarver would just gladly hand over 50% of all revenues from a new facility when in fact looks like TSRA being reno'd is the most likely scenario... and that place simply unfriendly for NHL hockey.... how does an NBA Franchise or an NHL Franchise even begin to break even without controlling 100% of the buildings revenues unless were talking sole ownership absent massive subsidies?

Reactions: Fairview

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
.... Only problem is.... are they? From whom? We havent heard a word, nothing. Nothing on the books (as of yet anyway) with the State; I suppose there might be something going on with the City of Phoenix but I rather doubt it. Sarver waiting it out, time on his side, Mayor Stanton soon a goner... though he does have bigger ambitions & plans to run for a State Seat so even failing to get anything done with Sarver let alone the Coyotes if elected at State level (which is likely) then he could be the next Worsley. Crafting a Bill, Sponsoring it, subsidies for all; D-Backs, Suns & Coyotes... thats "if" the Coyotes are even still around by like 2019/20 or thereafter which I'm just not seeing.... You? Anyone? Seriously believe the club can make it, last through 2020/21 & beyond playing out of GRA? That Sarver would just gladly hand over 50% of all revenues from a new facility when in fact looks like TSRA being reno'd is the most likely scenario... and that place simply unfriendly for NHL hockey.... how does an NBA Franchise or an NHL Franchise even begin to break even without controlling 100% of the buildings revenues unless were talking sole ownership absent massive subsidies?

They say a sucker is born every minute, but I think the coyotes might have run off all them at a record pace.

Also I wonder how many repeated titles we have had over the years? I know a lot of the archives here are lost to time with the forum switch, which will make writing my book infinitely harder.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
.... :laugh: I suppose one could interpret all of these moves as "having given up".... dumping talented youth elsewhere for a more "meat & potatos", a grittier lineup, more foot soldiers, 2nd & 3rd, 4th Liners. Cost savings. Getting as much in return as they can now because theyve run all out of tomorrows... splitski come April for Houston..... or..... 10/44 so bad, so abysmal, time to get radical. Total re-build with some inexpensive Vets, more Tocchet responsive youth.

Whatever the situation this club just keeps on keepin on making mistake after mistake after mistake. Hobbled by the destruction wrought on the market over the past decade, by circumstance & bad luck, just no strength in the ownership suite. Not financially nor in terms of aptitude, experience, talent. For every step forward, 2 or 3 backwards....

Seriously, I dont even think you could destroy a team & market to the extent that these people have if you deliberately set out to do so. And by "these people" I mean all of them pretty much from Ellman, Moyes & Gretzky to the NHL itself, IceArizona, Beasley, Tindall & Scruggs etc... and now here they are saddled with a short pocketed owner in Andrew Barroway & a 20 something GM both of whom are in over their heads. Now they think blowing everything up is gonna work. Where is the patience they promised not 6 months ago.... lies lies lies & more lies. This has to stop.

I know K..... but since when does a rumor started by a writer out of Ottawa (that very few people are buying into I might add) suddenly gets manifested as something worthy of a real BoH discussion?

This isn't the fantasy hockey forum and there's a term for it we both know.... :laugh:

mesamonster

Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ.
I know K..... but since when does a rumor started by a writer out of Ottawa (that very few people are buying into I might add) suddenly gets manifested as something worthy of a real BoH discussion?

This isn't the fantasy hockey forum and there's a term for it we both know.... :laugh:

Legend, the rumor may or may not be true, really doesn`t matter at this stage of the Coyotes decline. The issue, that everyone sees, is the general malaise that is the present Coyotes organization. From the top down there seems to be disinterest, pessimism and a general disposition of survivorship. They are doing absolutely nothing to proactively combat the negative images that continue to pop up without redress from the organization. Look no further than the fearless leader if you want to place blame on the present sate of the state.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010

Whats this now?.... "Rumor... Ottawa writer/reporter"?.... What'd I miss?

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Llama’s post above referenced an article from the Ottawa Sun. The whole post was based on it.

He snuck the link to it into the text of his post.

... you mean "desperately shopping players"?. mightve originated from the Ottawa Sun but its posted on thescores' website.... I did read it.... so to be accusing him of having "snuck"... comparing our Llama to "Sneaky" Democratic Senator Dianne Feinstein... its not like he unilaterally & without authorization... for all intents & purposes swiped & then released what was supposed to have been privileged information..... What Llama did wasnt illegal, he didnt conceive of, write & plant that story.... not against the rules or policies governing hf BOH and yes, we here have a right to know. I dont read F40; dont read NHL General. Its relevant to the business issues being discussed Councillor... Case dismissed.

Last edited:

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
New Thread Title:
esihcuarF uwoD episdU ehT :IIXXXC xiueohP

(Phoenix CXXXII: The Upside Down Franchise)

Nicely done.... Make it so.... you win the Monkee's Shoulder Blended Single Malt... Ian Andersons favorite btw so be sure to put on some Jethro Tull as your imbibing.... I recommend 1969's album Stand Up, the bands finest work really.... case of your favorite beer for those days in Arizona when the tarmacs bubbling.... #10 Coyotes Jersey which I know you'll wear proudly... to Church... the Synagogue... GRA.... trips to Tucson to watch the Baby Yotes... oh, & the Snuggly of course... both items which I know you'll treasure for many a year & decades to come.... virtual gifts to pass on to the kids... grand kids....

And thats it thats all folks...... thats a wrap............ Locked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad