Player Discussion Philip Broberg - Berries are brewing

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Broberg is a transition D and so we shouldn't expect him to show specialized skills like a great shot or physical edge. Like Klefbom, if he develops right he would just be a smart Dman who is in the right spots and makes simple passes.

I see his slowness as hesitancy. He is thinking through plays too long. Imo that problem will go away over time. The fact that he is thinking a lot might pay off as he learns more about the NHL game.

I'm not a Broberg fan boy or anything. He is reminding me a bit of Griffin Reinhart in that hesitancy. But, that doesn't mean Broberg ends the same way.

That's a great breakdown actually, and it does point to Broberg being a good complement to the D. Some caution to balance out the gamblers
Reinhart's slowness wasn't thinking hesitancy. It was because he was a slow skater.

Oilers

Feb 13, 2016
I’m not a Broberg hater by any means, but for me he just isn’t aggressive enough.

from what I see of him, I think he’s a fringe NHLer.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Think with his demotion this needs a bump.

Terrible pick at the time. Terrible pick right now. Still hope he can pull a Klefbom and just put it together out of the blue. Every day that goes by the chance of that decreases.

I don't prescribe to the sell high philosophy. It's next to impossible to truly figure that out.

But.

If Holland wasn't married to this pick I think we coulda/shoulda/would of been able to use him as an excellent sweetener to get a legitimate upgrade somewhere in our line up.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
The berries are not brewing. They have gone moldy.

20220809-modly-blackberries-lede.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad