Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2023 Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
3% whiff rate is something id never imagine reading lol

I know it's DSL it's not like I'm projecting anything here, it's just insane to read
Bergolla (their big money signing the year prior) is similar also. He had the highest contact rate in the minors. Twice as many walks as strikeouts in full season ball at the age of a high school senior. No pop though.

Reactions: DancingPanther

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
ZiPS projections also dropped. I'm not sure what to expect out of either Marsh or Rojas.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
anyone have a sneaking fear that Painter won't be the same
The year is 2023. Tommy John isn't a death sentence anymore. The opposite, in fact. Some dudes come back throwing harder. He's 20 years old. The only thing I'm concerned about is the championship window not lining up with his success

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

Jesus... You don't usually see the child predator in text messages saying "yea... I need to groom you"

"I would like you to forget everything you have learned to raise yourself my way" — Excerpt from Wander Franco's conversation with a minor

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020

Jesus... You don't usually see the child predator in text messages saying "yea... I need to groom you"

"I would like you to forget everything you have learned to raise yourself my way" — Excerpt from Wander Franco's conversation with a minor

The heel turn from this guy has been something

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
The year is 2023. Tommy John isn't a death sentence anymore. The opposite, in fact. Some dudes come back throwing harder. He's 20 years old. The only thing I'm concerned about is the championship window not lining up with his success
Crazy how we get worried about TJ surgery still, like have people really forgotten Henry Rowengartner? Painter will be throwing the hot, stinky, cheddar in no time. Chet Steadman is a FA, bring him in to mentor Painter and he'll be fine.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville

Holy smokes call Chris Hansen. This dude doesn't have to worry about his reputation being ruined, at least. Pretty sure everyone's opinion is gonna be pretty spot on after that.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
My Jordan Hicks dream is dead. Middleton watched the playoffs right? Thrilled he hasn't done anything to address the bench which hit a scorching .202 or the bullpen which sparked the biggest choke in recent memory

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Anyone ever been to Fenway. Going to a game in June and there's a lot of weird caveats to some of the seats (obstructed view, walking traffic, no alcohol). Anyone know a spot to sit? Not trying to break the bank but also want decent seats. Any help is appreciated.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Anyone ever been to Fenway. Going to a game in June and there's a lot of weird caveats to some of the seats (obstructed view, walking traffic, no alcohol). Anyone know a spot to sit? Not trying to break the bank but also want decent seats. Any help is appreciated.
I went about 8 years ago and sat in right center field about halfway up. Pretty good view. Bleacher seats though. There was alcohol there from what I remember.

It's definitely a very old school venue with exits, walkways, bathrooms, concourses, etc. Much different from modern parks like CBP. The surroundings around the ballpark are pretty cool so make a day of it if you can and get there early.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

Phillies bonus pool is about $4.6M to spend international amateur signings. They lost $1M for the Trea Turner signing (and forfeited their 2nd round pick) since he had a qualifying offer.

So after this would be around 3.2m left.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad