Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2023 Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
A HoF voter had a two man ballot this year with Adrian Beltre & Carlos Beltran which is fine. But this coming after he voted for Andruw Jones, Manny Ramirez, Aler Rodriguez, & Billy Wagner last year who are all still on the ballot this year. He also opted to not vote for Beltran last year despite being on the ballot. Beltre was a first year eligible this year. You’re allowed to vote up to ten players on a single ballot.

The same guy voted for Gary Sheffield two years ago but didn’t last year or this year. This year is Sheffield’s last year on the ballot.

Why do some of these people still have votes? :laugh:

Last edited:

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Those were the two worst I've seen this year. Different people will have 'different standards' on who should be in and shouldn't be... But someone dropping MULTIPLE players the year after they voted for them and still having room on their ballot is a travesty.

BTW, this other guy dropped a bunch too and then added sexual predator Omar Vizquel onto his. I guess Vizquel had a better 2023 season than Billy Wagner.

Oh and that guy who dropped Sheffield then 'defended himself' by saying "I could add Sheffield back to my ballot next year."

Umm, No. You can't. Because it's his 10th and final year of eligibility. If you don't even know that how the hell are you allowed to be voting?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Those were the two worst I've seen this year. Different people will have 'different standards' on who should be in and shouldn't be... But someone dropping MULTIPLE players the year after they voted for them and still having room on their ballot is a travesty.

BTW, this other guy dropped a bunch too and then added sexual predator Omar Vizquel onto his. I guess Vizquel had a better 2023 season than Billy Wagner.

Oh and that guy who dropped Sheffield then 'defended himself' by saying "I could add Sheffield back to my ballot next year."

Umm, No. You can't. Because it's his 10th and final year of eligibility. If you don't even know that how the hell are you allowed to be voting?

Want me to make it even a better story? He hasn't covered baseball since 2017.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
If steroid use isn’t a bugaboo for you then there really isn’t justification for not voting for guys like Rodriguez & Ramirez who’s credentials & numbers are no brainers.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
That Sale trade seems more like a trade deadline move after losing a starter to injury, than making it in the off-season with several quality FA pitchers still avail, plus teams looking to move younger and healthier starters.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
I'm trying to think of a scenario in which both Sale and Atlanta opt into a second year. Maybe 120 all-star innings before Sale jumps off the roof of his shed and breaks his collarbone?

wankstifier

Jun 19, 2018
Atlanta's only paying Sale $500k next season. Lol...
Okay, now they've invested more. Atlanta's had the busiest, and possibly most clever approach to the offseason. I sorta hate how entertaining it's been to follow. Still think they should spend money on a pitcher like Imanaga.

Also, Phillies prospect list just dropped:

wankstifier

Jun 19, 2018

1704387757951.png

They should've doubled the Giants' offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad