Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2023 Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Not many teams are going to be able to afford it.

The Phillies are, if they really want to be, a possibility but far from likely.

I still personally believe he ends up a Met. Sorry, Jojo.
How are the Mets more likely? Just a much less stingy owner? Their payroll situation looks much worse.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Not many teams are going to be able to afford it.

The Phillies are, if they really want to be, a possibility but far from likely.

I still personally believe he ends up a Met. Sorry, Jojo.
As far as the Phillies go, Nola, Kimbrel, and Hoskins come off the books. That's almost 40 mil.

Get it done

Reactions: wankstifier

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
he'll go to one of the New Yorks...or the Dodgers with an odd outlier being Seattle or the Rangers

Reactions: montreal

djw99

Feb 18, 2006
As far as the Phillies go, Nola, Kimbrel, and Hoskins come off the books. That's almost 40 mil.

Get it done
I think it's very possible. I do think that the Phillies will have to move one of schwarber or Castellanos in order for it to make sense since Ohtani is strictly a DH when not pitching. We'll see how creative dombrowski can get this offseason. Hopefully Middleton pushes for it.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I think it's very possible. I do think that the Phillies will have to move one of schwarber or Castellanos in order for it to make sense since Ohtani is strictly a DH when not pitching. We'll see how creative dombrowski can get this offseason. Hopefully Middleton pushes for it.
First base is open. I don’t see it happening though.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I can't believe they lost a series in which they won Game 2 by 15 runs.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Can any team even afford to pay him and field a team?

He's going to make 750 mil. It's going to be nuts
Yes. The owners of most of these teams have an infinite supply of money. WILL they pay that is a different story. I would guess the top 2/3 of the league could afford to pay it and still turn a profit. 2/3 of the league wouldn't pay that cost though, as the profits they would make could be bigger and at the end of the day it is a business. I suspect the Dodgers, Yankees, Mets will be the main suitors. Maybe the Phillies, Cards, Giants, or Cubs would realistically pay it as they have the market and fanbase that will actually get excited. The rest I don't think will even bite. Honestly if Ohtani bolts I would look to try to trade for Trout. I don't imagine he'll want to stay if Ohtani is gone.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
He got his 400th in May. A “fun fact” that I’ll sadly always know the date as I drove to the hospital for HCette’s dad listening to the game.
Video review confirms the last few days of May you're right

I actually didn't realize how lights out he was this month

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I also guessed Ricky. Was shocked at how many hits he had. Or didn't have. But it makes sense since he walked so much

Reactions: CutOnDime97
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad