Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2023 Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
That's quite the fall after the unknowns were added. He was at 39.4% in the public ballots. He and Sheffield had the biggest drops.

Vizquel was at 11% in public. I believe he had the biggest increase.

Let's just say those opinions track with what I think of non-public voters. Sexual harassment is bad and all, but don't you dare have a peak less than a decade.

Not a great crop added to the ballot next year. I guess Ichiro & Sabathia are the only ones that could go in first ballot if at all of that group.

Pedrioa got more award recognition but Utley has noticeably better analytics of the two.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Not a great crop added to the ballot next year. I guess Ichiro & Sabathia are the only ones that could go in first ballot if at all of that group.

Pedrioa got more award recognition but Utley has noticeably better analytics of the two.

Ichiro is a lock. He'll get 90+%

CC and Felix will get votes too. Either way Utley should see quite a significant increase in votes next year

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Ichiro is a lock. He'll get 90+%

CC and Felix will get votes too. Either way Utley should see quite a significant increase in votes next year
Agreed on all of this. I'd be stunned if Ichiro pulled less than 90%, probably 95%. Sabathia could theoretically get in first-ballot, but I expect he'll make it eventually either way. Beyond that, next year feels like a cleanup year for the near misses from this year.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

I’m most interested in what they do with Sabathia. I think people have by and large realized that Johan Santana falling off without getting anywhere close means that Hall voters haven’t caught up to what modern starters actually do.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

I am very much looking forward to some games at Camden Yards now that Angelos is gone and the team is worth seeing again.

*Edit*

Both BA top 100 guys, but nowhere near major gets. This did have the feel of it being cheap.

It always is for MLB impending FAs. They're comically cheap compared to other sports

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I like the color (much better than powder blue) but the chest lettering looks like it’s from a B horror flick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca