Rumor: Philadelphia looking for a D-man - Schenn and Couturier maybe available

SaneQ

May 14, 2012
Finland
@TSNBobMcKenzie: Also, PHI is in market for D and may be willing to move one of their young centres - B Schenn or Couturier - for the right deal.

Thats what Bob McKenzie tweeted. What do you guys think? I think that were too thin on D already so we skip. What if we still had Bouwmeester?

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
No way we have enough to pry either of those two guys away now. Maybe Bouwmeester did, but unless we're giving up Brodie (which is a massive "hell no") then we very likely can't get Couts or Schenn.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I've always wanted Couturier but we can draft our own centreman now and not give up more assets.

I think Phoenix and the Flyers are the best trading partners, maybe the Jets too.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Please don't even bring that up. The thought that we could have gotten Schenn or Couts for Bouw will give me nightmares.

Right.
Instead of the bottom pair Dman, complete unknown goalie and the first. I'd rather have started the Calgary rebuild with Schenn or Couturier; this is NOT a knock on any of the three pieces we got back from the Blues... however, Schenn and Couturier in my book would have been nicer pieces.

Giordano could get this deal done as well, but Feaster deems him untouchable (Why, I have no idea).
I don't think Wideman could get this deal done.
Brodie could, but shouldn't be touched, he still has room to improve his game and truly be a high end D-man.
The rest of our old guard/AHLers have zero chance of getting this deal done.

Mar 1, 2013
Toronto
Philly wasn't giving up Schenn or Couts for J-Bo. His cap hit was just too large for a team already with cap troubles.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Right.
Instead of the bottom pair Dman, complete unknown goalie and the first. I'd rather have started the Calgary rebuild with Schenn or Couturier; this is NOT a knock on any of the three pieces we got back from the Blues... however, Schenn and Couturier in my book would have been nicer pieces.

Giordano could get this deal done as well, but Feaster deems him untouchable (Why, I have no idea).
I don't think Wideman could get this deal done.
Brodie could, but shouldn't be touched, he still has room to improve his game and truly be a high end D-man.
The rest of our old guard/AHLers have zero chance of getting this deal done.

He thinks he is a great player who is captain material (said this in the ticket holder meeting).

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
flames add something like brossoit pit 1st for them to take it

It's actually fair value in my opinion. Gio can play 1st pairing minutes and he has a fairly good contract for the calibre of player he is(which the Flyers are looking for). Counts really underperformed this season and from watching him, he will most likely become a good 2nd line center.

Flamesarmstrong22

May 2, 2012
Toronto
Giordano+brossoit+pit 1st for couterrier+mezaros/talbot

Mezaros and talbot are the only two "cap dumps" the flyers have that I think Calgary would be interested in. No interest in briere or bryz

Flamesarmstrong22

May 2, 2012
Toronto
Also I doubt schenn is available seeing as he had a breakout year and they acquired his brother just last year. Couterrier on the other hand I can definitly see Philly dealing for a top defenseman

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Too much salary going in. They have to dump one of their big contracts to make it work.

Briere could be bought out before the season starts. Or, we could throw in Butler and take back Mez.

Hypothetically, imagine having Sven, JG, Jankow, Couts, and Nichushkin as our top 6 in 2 seasons.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Briere could be bought out before the season starts. Or, we could throw in Butler and take back Mez.

Hypothetically, imagine having Sven, JG, Jankow, Couts, and Nichushkin as our top 6 in 2 seasons.
If that Russian becomes a Flames I will vomit

let some other team take the risk on that selfish player

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
If that Russian becomes a Flames I will vomit

let some other team take the risk on that selfish player

Lol, yeah I know how you feel about him. I just think there's no denying his talent, Weisbrod better damn well of done a good job on interviewing him to get a good read in what makes him. I want whoever we draft to have a team first attitude and have a commitment to winning, if that kid doesn't have it then I'd be happy to pass by on him. However if he does, with his physical tools, he may very well end up being the most dynamic player out of this draft.

Those 5 players I listed have an incredible amount of size and skill.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I would agree

but for fun

Schenn + Schenn + Briere

for

Giordano + Backlund + 22 overall + Glencross

I really hope you're not serious. Giordano is a big upgrade on Schenn. I would rather have Backlund and Glencross than Schenn. Lastly, there would be no way that Briere would waive to come all the way to Calgary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad