OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): When You're Up, It's Never As Good As It Seems, And When You're Down, You Never Think You'll Be Up Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
There is quite the visualization of Howie telling Gannon after the Super Bowl that he's staying in Arizona for a job interview with the Cardinals. I can't help but laugh at the idea of it.

Gannon requested that any interview requests not be relayed to him until after the game.

philly_28

Valar Morghulis
Apr 9, 2007
There is quite the visualization of Howie telling Gannon after the Super Bowl that he's staying in Arizona for a job interview with the Cardinals. I can't help but laugh at the idea of it.

Gannon requested that any interview requests not be relayed to him until after the game.

"No, no, no, you don't understand. I said you're STAYING in Arizona because you have an interview with the Cardinals. Are you reading me now?"

(Not like he was getting fired or anything. Just playing with that visualization, haha.)

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Why would you rewatch the game??? Are you a masochist? S&M by Rihanna get you going?
Well I did have to pause it because I wasn’t ready to watch the second half so I’m not that much of a masochist.

I’d like to have a better idea about what happened then just having my memory of watching it from the stands where you miss a good amount of things.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Well I did have to pause it because I wasn’t ready to watch the second half so I’m not that much of a masochist.

I’d like to have a better idea about what happened then just having my memory of watching it from the stands where you miss a good amount of things.
Much smarter people than I can give you more insight but basically the chiefs offensive line kicked ass and Quez looked liked Raegor. I dont think enough is made of that play, probably should have been a touchdown.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Much smarter people than I can give you more insight but basically the chiefs offensive line kicked ass and Quez looked liked Raegor. I dont think enough is made of that play, probably should have been a touchdown.
I’ve pretty much read everything there is to read on Twitter with regard to the game but I think I can handle rewatching it.

It also, by rule, was DPI. As was DeVonta’s catch.

Don’t hear any “penalties are penalties whenever they’re committed” comments coming from Tony Dungy about those.

You can add in the hands to Sweat’s face in the background of the holding penalty and then Sweat’s hands to the face that followed that up. That one makes me laugh to see the arguments on Twitter. Weird. Every play has penalties.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I’ve pretty much read everything there is to read on Twitter with regard to the game but I think I can handle rewatching it.

It also, by rule, was DPI. As was DeVonta’s catch.

Don’t hear any “penalties are penalties whenever they’re committed” comments coming from Tony Dungy about those.

You can add in the hands to Sweat’s face in the background of the holding penalty and then Sweat’s hands to the face that followed that up. That one makes me laugh to see the arguments on Twitter. Weird. Every play has penalties.

That's what the annoying part about the flag on Bradberry. If wasnt that egregious and Im sure it happened all game. Just like last Super Bowl they didnt call holding of any kind until under 2 minutes. It is what it is, the Eagles needed to get one stop and they had no answer to the Chiefs offensively after half time. Lurie is technically Roger's boss so I wonder what he has told him after the game in regards to calls and the field. There is no excuse for the field, but the NFL is basically a multi billion dollar lemonade stand.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Getting around to watching the broadcast…

First comment is holy shit that halftime show was awful.
I'm not a fan of Rhianna's music, but the show was boring as F. Rhianna on some floating disks and dudes dancing. (Did it look cooler in person?)

I'm not a fan of Katy Perry's music either, but that chick had all kinds of costume changes and cool sets, fire and fireworks and such.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Meh. Quez was kind of a non factor, aside from that one play. It wasn't an <easy> catch to be sure. There were probably ~10 singular moments under our control where one thing changes the game.

I disliked being at the KC17 with 9 seconds left in the first half and not even TRYING to take an end zone shot before calling the timeout. Jalen let 5 tick off and we took the FG.

Hated that more than the 4th and 3 punt later (result is unfair to tie to the decision to punt).

Reactions: Cody Webster

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I'm not a fan of Rhianna's music, but the show was boring as F. Rhianna on some floating disks and dudes dancing. (Did it look cooler in person?)

I'm not a fan of Katy Perry's music either, but that chick had all kinds of costume changes and cool sets, fire and fireworks and such.
It did not. This was my eighth Super Bowl (humble brag) and these things are not designed for the people in the stadium. I don’t recall a halftime show that was a great in stadium experience. Maybe last year because it was in the day time. They’re 100% designed and choreographed for the TV market.

I expected a lot more on the broadcast but even then the production value was trash.

Reactions: achdumeingute

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
@LegionOfDoom91 Any thoughts on Juice Scruggs? I'm taking him late rounds in mock drafts just cause I recognize the name. But is there anything that would translate to the next level at IOL?

I liked him at Penn State. He was really good in pass protection. He didn’t give up a lot of pressures the last two years according to PFF.

The medical should be interesting with him. He missed an entire year his second year with a serious car accident. His third year he played a little after recovering before starting his fourth & fifth year at center. He probably would have been a four or three year starter if not for his car accident.

Reactions: Chinatown88

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
It did not. This was my eight Super Bowl (humble brag) and these things are not designed for the people in the stadium. I don’t recall a halftime show that was a great in stadium experience. Maybe last year because it was in the day time. They’re 100% designed and choreographed for the TV market.

I expected a lot more on the broadcast but even then the production value was trash.

I'd be in favor of bringing back marching bands instead of geriatric rockers, repetitive divas, style-over-substance R&B singers, nerd rock posers (who wouldn't know how to properly incorporate a bass guitar if their lives depended on it) and everybody-look-at-me-today-because-you'll-forget-about-me-tomorrow-because-my-music-has-no-staying-power rappers. The Ohio State Marching Band does shit that blows away these halftime shows.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I'd be in favor of bringing back marching bands instead of geriatric rockers, repetitive divas, style-over-substance R&B singers, and everybody-look-at-me-today-because-you'll-forget-about-me-tomorrow-because-my-music-has-no-staying-power rappers. The Ohio State Marching Band does shit that blows away these halftime shows.
I’m going to hold out hope for one more year that they include The Killers in next year’s show since it’s in Vegas but I have my doubts with Jay-Z being in charge.

Reactions: Kermit the Prog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino