Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Vegas, Baby! (2023 Regular Season)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Does Adisa Isaac go higher than Chop Robinson now? He’s apparently having a pretty good week at the Senior Bowl. Louis Riddick named him his MVP of the practices sessions & seems to think he’s going to go a lot higher than public perception has him right now. I’d imagine he tests mostly in the good to very good range for most of the physical testing at the combine.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Does Adisa Isaac go higher than Chop Robinson now? He’s apparently having a pretty good week at the Senior Bowl. Louis Riddick named him his MVP of the practices sessions & seems to think he’s going to go a lot higher than public perception has him right now. I’d imagine he tests mostly in the good to very good range for most of the physical testing at the combine.

Yes. There were multiple good draft people who had him as EDGE4 by Halloween (behind Verse, Latu, and Trice in all cases IIRC). The hype is building.

With Sawyer going back, the most interesting EDGES to me in expected ranges were Isaac, Gabriel Murphy from UCLA, and Jonah Elliss (in Mobile but injured) from Utah. By the time the draft comes around, I might be on Robinson. I didn’t plan on watching him because I thought he would be gone by the time they picked. Then they bombed out and he’s getting passed a bit.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Yes. There were multiple good draft people who had him as EDGE4 by Halloween (behind Verse, Latu, and Trice in all cases IIRC). The hype is building.

With Sawyer going back, the most interesting EDGES to me in expected ranges were Isaac, Gabriel Murphy from UCLA, and Jonah Elliss (in Mobile but injured) from Utah. By the time the draft comes around, I might be on Robinson. I didn’t plan on watching him because I thought he would be gone by the time they picked. Then they bombed out and he’s getting passed a bit.
This EDGE class is infuriating not because of the prospects but because I think 23 is like No Man's Land. All of the top guys should be gone so then you might be "reaching" for the next guy in the rankings. IDK, it's why I love and hate the draft.

#TeamTradeDown

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

giphy.gif

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

I...might be blowing my collecting budget for 2024 on one item. :laugh:

There are two vintage cards I always wanted that I never managed to snag, one of which is from a regional Pacific Coast League set from 1922 that just so happened to include Jim Thorpe in a baseball uniform. They are rare. Very, very rare. I'm in week 2 of trying to buy this copy.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

There are two vintage cards I always wanted that I never managed to snag, one of which is from a regional Pacific Coast League set from 1922 that just so happened to include Jim Thorpe in a baseball uniform. They are rare. Very, very rare. I'm in week 2 of trying to buy this copy.
It’s a sickness. One day we’ll be free of it.

I paid off my Meigray preorder of a Flyers blouse yesterday that I absolutely didn’t need or even want but I still did it.

At least this year for the second time in like seven years I won’t be going to the Super Bowl at the last minute so I got that going for me.

#FirstWorldProblems

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe

It's a hard knock life being a nerd that likes to collect.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
This EDGE class is infuriating not because of the prospects but because I think 23 is like No Man's Land. All of the top guys should be gone so then you might be "reaching" for the next guy in the rankings. IDK, it's why I love and hate the draft.

#TeamTradeDown
This is kinda the case every year. It's all about how it breaks. There are lots of good OT prospects and usually those go run on like crazy in the teens. Most mocks have OT runs happening in the 20s now. If we want value @ 22 it might be at OT (sadly)

Sooo hard, this early out, to project wtf is going to happen.

I'd love to for like Ariz or Car to trade up with a late 1/early 2 and another 2/early 3 for 22.

In the 50-65, LB and Safeties look like value.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
This is kinda the case every year. It's all about how it breaks. There are lots of good OT prospects and usually those go run on like crazy in the teens. Most mocks have OT runs happening in the 20s now. If we want value @ 22 it might be at OT (sadly)

Sooo hard, this early out, to project wtf is going to happen.

I'd love to for like Ariz or Car to trade up with a late 1/early 2 and another 2/early 3 for 22.

In the 50-65, LB and Safeties look like value.

Which LBs do you like?

I think right now my favorite LB pick would be Trevin Wallace from Kentucky on Day 3. He's far from perfect. He doesn't shed blocks well at all for example. His arms look long to me, so I think good coaching could help him with that. But it's also not like Kentucky has poor defensive coaching. There's a distinct tendency to overrun plays. But he's a wonderful functional athlete. On the LB scale, he can actually flip his hips pretty well. You just don't get many chances at sideline to sideline NFL athletes later on in drafts.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Yeah I’m rooting hard for him more than most other Penn State players. He had a tough upbringing. He grew up in a single parent household with his mother & all of her kids but him were born with mental disabilities. So it probably would have made sense last year for him to come out for the draft but he came back & it appears it’s gonna pay off for him in a big way.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Which LBs do you like?

I think right now my favorite LB pick would be Trevin Wallace from Kentucky on Day 3. He's far from perfect. He doesn't shed blocks well at all for example. His arms look long to me, so I think good coaching could help him with that. But it's also not like Kentucky has poor defensive coaching. There's a distinct tendency to overrun plays. But he's a wonderful functional athlete. On the LB scale, he can actually flip his hips pretty well. You just don't get many chances at sideline to sideline NFL athletes later on in drafts.

How do you feel about Colson?

Reactions: JojoTheWhale
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: