Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Vegas, Baby! (2023 Regular Season)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Sikkema said McConkey is going 2nd round at worst today. My guys are evaporating right before my eyes.

Someone stop DeJean from testing. He's all I have left.
Anything solid on Kingsley? I only saw one rep from Sikkema and he got rolled. Was listening to some YouTube podcasts that were at the Senior Bowl and they said he was consistent.

Guyton is shooting up. Tez Walker might not be consistent enough so maybe early 2nd? The late 1st round grade was killing me on the inside. Ladd is a RIP, man that boy was filthy running routes.

Also since parenting talk migrated into the thread. Anyone got suggestions on baby carriers (the thingy you can plop the little one in that's strapped/buckled onto your body so you can take them for walks?) My IRL best bud is having a kid so I'm trying to figure out baby shower gifts.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Sikkema said McConkey is going 2nd round at worst today. My guys are evaporating right before my eyes.

Someone stop DeJean from testing. He's all I have left.
They are not throwing to him at all, so he's getting no help from SB practices.

When I'm playing around with mock simulators, he's gone before 40.

Also since parenting talk migrated into the thread. Anyone got suggestions on baby carriers (the thingy you can plop the little one in that's strapped/buckled onto your body so you can take them for walks?) My IRL best bud is having a kid so I'm trying to figure out baby shower gifts.
Baby Bjorn is the "name brand" one.

Reactions: Chinatown88

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Anything solid on Kingsley? I only saw one rep from Sikkema and he got rolled. Was listening to some YouTube podcasts that were at the Senior Bowl and they said he was consistent.

Guyton is shooting up. Tez Walker might not be consistent enough so maybe early 2nd? The late 1st round grade was killing me on the inside. Ladd is a RIP, man that boy was filthy running routes.

From what was broadcast, he looked good to me. This was definitely the highlight:

I don’t think he’s quite as good as most of the other options in similar ranges right now. It’s that he’s an excellent functional athlete with fast, violent hands. He’s an upside pick.

Do any of you folks here like Ladd for the Eagles?

Very much so, but 22 is too high and I’m not sure if he makes it to the Saints’ 2. I would not count on him to ever beat Press consistently. The WR class is so deep that I want to wait for value to come to me.

Last edited:

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
From what was broadcast, he looked good to me. This was definitely the highlight:

I don’t think he’s quite as good as most of the other options in similar ranges right now. It’s that he’s an excellent functional athlete with fast, violent hands. He’s an upside pick.

Very much so, but 22 is too high and I’m not sure if he makes it to the Saints’ 2. I would not count on him to ever beat Press consistently. The WR class is so deep that I want to wait for value to come to me.
FTFY
I expect perfection from your links Jojo. I had to add the dot before the com. !

Edit: Dang that's a highlight. Idk I just feel like Guyton and Kingsley have the highest ceiling cause of the traits. And I'm probably betting on that way too much because of Stoutland's coaching prowess.
I think Mitchell is probably gonzo now. Thomas Jr if he slides a bit? I don't like any EDGE at that point the way the board is stacked at the moment.

TL;DR Team trade down rides again.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
How did Mike Vrabel not get a job. I can't wrap my head around it. I'd say it's because he's a Defensive guy, but Quinn just got hired.

Belichick I can even understand a bit since you can argue there's no long-term investment there...but Vrabel?

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

I laughed out loud at this one. And downloaded a copy.

How did Mike Vrabel not get a job. I can't wrap my head around it. I'd say it's because he's a Defensive guy, but Quinn just got hired.

Belichick I can even understand a bit since you can argue there's no long-term investment there...but Vrabel?

There have been rumors for quite a while that Vrabel is difficult to work with if you're in the front office. He doesn't have the juice to demand personnel control and so you're left with people who don't think they can work with you day to day doing the actual hiring.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
There have been rumors for quite a while that Vrabel is difficult to work with if you're in the front office. He doesn't have the juice to demand personnel control and so you're left with people who don't think they can work with you day to day doing the actual hiring.

That must be the only way. Same with Bienemy for the last 2 years.

Two slam dunk HCs on the surface (1 of them actually proving it in Tenn) and somehow left in the cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad