Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Vegas, Baby! (2023 Regular Season)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I'm sure the schedule around this game will make sense and not be ridiculous. I suspect a game in Anchorage the prior Monday, then Brazil the next Friday, and then a Thursday night game the following week in Siberia. Should be 3 easy losses

Reactions: BiggE

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Why Brazil? I mean it's cool and everything but just seems like an odd spot. Is American football popular down there?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If things get nutty again and Nick is fired, Stoutland is probably in line to get the interim tag.

Eagles playing in Brazil - I guess that's the only way they decided they can do it is Week 1 on a Friday. But obviously this is going to happen every year now on Week 1. Another timeslot to fill.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
If things get nutty again and Nick is fired, Stoutland is probably in line to get the interim tag.

Eagles playing in Brazil - I guess that's the only way they decided they can do it is Week 1 on a Friday. But obviously this is going to happen every year now on Week 1. Another timeslot to fill.
Kellen Moore is already the next head coach of the team.

Yep, they found their “loophole” since they’re not allowed to have games on Friday or Saturday from the second Friday in September to the second Saturday in December. The Friday to open the season will be here to stay but lots of people saying how we’re going to have it every week are misguided.

Although, I guess they did their loophole last year on Black Friday with kickoff having to be before sundown.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Kellen Moore is already the next head coach of the team.

Yep, they found their “loophole” since they’re not allowed to have games on Friday or Saturday from the second Friday in September to the second Saturday in December. The Friday to open the season will be here to stay but lots of people saying how we’re going to have it every week are misguided.

Although, I guess they did their loophole last year on Black Friday with kickoff having to be before sundown.
If the season is off the rails to the degree that Nick is fired, I don’t think they would promote a coordinator because they won’t want to disrupt Moore by putting more on his plate. Coordinators who get the interim tag often are dead men walking themselves. It’s a lot easier to promote a position coach because those duties are easier delegated.

The Friday won’t be every week because they can’t go international every week without a second bye. They can’t schedule such arduous trips on short weeks.

I think eventually, the NFL is going to take back (again) Labor Day weekend and spread out that whole weekend other than Saturday afternoons.

Think this eventually leads to expansion with all the tv slots they’re creating.

Reactions: renberg

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Jason Kelce and Bert Kreischer playing black jack in the same room....what I'd pay to be in that room with those two... electric

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Why do I get the feeling that the person who asked the question already knew the answer?
CE76AE38-3E69-4BBB-B423-FB22D80E7D0B.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad