OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Don't Cry Because It's Over, Smile Because it Happened (Offseason - 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I just got a notification from ESPN that the Chiefs "believe Kelce's ACL is intact". The BELIEVE it's intact?? Is it intact or is it not? Do these doctors know how to read an MRI?

Reactions: Chinatown88

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
This happens because the Lachman test is almost always accurate. Often they wait until the next day to MRI.
Yeah I know, was posting for the memes. Have to wait at least a bit before going in for imaging (usually) because swelling can sometimes lead to misinterpretation

True life: my friend broke his ankle playing rec hockey after he got tangled up with an opponent 2 winters ago. Said he felt a pop in his ankle near his foot. Couldn't move his foot so he was worried about his achilles. Dr. DP went out and did the Thompson test right there on the rink and sure enough there was dorsiflexion and I said bud ya broke your ankle.

Got a text that night that he broke his ankle.

I only know of these tests because I lived with two PT students for 3 years and was often the competency dummy. Emphasis on dummy

Last edited:

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Why would you play anything other than PPR? Yuck

That in your league CMC and Boston Scott are even in the same conversation tells you everything you need to know about the scoring system.
Dude, this league started in the 80s, before the net or sites were available. We used to rely on USA Today final box scores for final results. We are OG, and Always vote on rule changes. PPR has never been suggested. We have different points for TDs, etc. Our site let's us customize our points.

Reactions: Fire Tortorella

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
Had the #1 pick in my draft tonight (no carryovers), which I hate, but:

QB 1 - Jalen Hurts
QB 2 - Aaron Rodgers

RB 1 - Josh Jacobs
RB 2 - Jahmyr Gibbs

RB 3 - Dalvin Cook
RB 4 - Rashaad Penny

WR 1 - Justin Jefferson
WR 2 - Mike Evans
WR 3 - Diontae Johnson (FLEX)

WR 4 - Jaxon Smith-Njigba
WR 5 - Marquez Valdes-Scantling

TE 1 - Dallas Goedert
TE 2 - Dalton Schultz

D/ST 1 - Eagles
D/ST 2 - Jets

K 1 - Dicker the Kicker

Most of my bench have a Week 7 bye, which works out very well. My bye weeks are well-spaced in the starting lineup. With Travis Kelce being banged up and the draft position I had, I could not justify taking a TE in my first three picks, which I might have done if I had a mid-position slot in the drafting order. TE has a definite drop so I over-selected Goedert with that in mind. Mitigating this was having back-to-back selections on each turn of the snake.

I like having Rodgers as my QB2 and the Jets as my D/ST2 with the expectations they have this season. My RB room is loaded, injury-forbidding, and the WR room has three #1s or 1As, a high upside in JSN, and MVS is really the primary guy in KC, especially if Kelce misses time and/or starts to feel his age. TE 2 is a cipher and the first drop position. I also like my big Dicker.

Reactions: FatTugboatFlahr

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
@JojoTheWhale

6waa4z.png

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
@Hollywood Cannon

Not sure what platform you're drafting on but basing off this.

1.12 and 2.1 - Since it's PPR the normal focus is probably going WR heavy. But with every draft, sometimes if everyone is zigging you have to zag. When I draft sure I want to get my guys, but it's also about getting guys that are good draft value.

Early you could go RB/WR, WR/WR, TE/WR or TE/RB. So depending on how the first 11 picks go I think you would have a better picture of how to draft the squad. If there's a heavy run on the top tier RBs then maybe you can wait until that turn at rounds 3 and 4. WR/WR will probably put you in the best position since it's PPR. Targeting the high reception guys is the norm. Also this sets you up with arguably two number 1 fantasy WRs. Now I throw in the TE because if Kelce is there then you should probably take him. I don't know when the guy is gonna slow down but if you don't like dealing with the headache of finding a TE off the waiver wire every week until you strike gold then it might be worth it to grab Kelce since historically he gives you such an advantage at the position.

Guys I like that might be there

RBs)
Bijan
(he's my guy that I've been on the train for since two years ago)
Chubb - this might seem controversial because its PPR and the guy never caught the ball. But there's no more Kareem Hunt and I honestly think he's not bad at catching the ball. The Oline is still great and it's banking on that QB finding his form again.

WRs)
AJ Brown
- I think you know
ARSB - This one I'm not as bullsih on as Matthew Berry (I know some may not like the guy but I love him cause he got me hardcore into nerd fantasy fandom) but there's no Jameson for 6 weeks. Jojo loves that offense with the OC Ben Johnson. They gotta throw the ball to someone so it might just be ARSB and Jahmyr Gibbs. I think he should have a monster six weeks then depending on how you feel you might flip him for a great return.
Lamb - Same as above maybe I'm hesitant because I felt like he should have put up monster numbers last year like top 5 WR numbers but he finished in the top 10 in PPR. Moore is gone and I think that might help a bit because the guy like to spread the ball around. But the arrival of Cooks leaves me with a bit more hesitation that it might go back to when Cooper was on the team for target distribution. But I think Lamb still gets the majority target share and he should put up great numbers.

TE)
Kelce
- see above

3.12 and 4.1

So if there's a couple of QBs off the board right now. I'm assuming like maybe Mahomes goes in the 1st since you literally just posted as I'm writing this. Then, I think it's safe to assume Allen is off the board, Hurts, maybe Burrow or Lamar might be off at this point. I think you can grab Justin here just to secure your boy and it wouldn't be too bad. Moore is the OC now and I think the numbers should be pretty good. Don't know what to make of that WR room so I'm probably not gonna suggest Allen or Williams unless they slide a bit from ADP. So here depending on how you started I'm thinking Justin/WR, or Justin/RB. I don't really draft TEs high outside of Kelce and when Jimmy Graham was a monster but that still wasn't in the 1st round.

RBs)
Rhamondre
- This might be dumb after Zeke signed. But I think Zeke is truly washed unless this somehow turns into Corey Dillon that one year. But he's got all the capabilities to be a three down back. Only issue is freaking fumbling, the guy almost cost me a couple times last year. He's got the target share and now should have the rushing share now that Harris is gone and I'm not a believer in Zeke.
Mixon - This one might be a dumb idea. But no more Perine. So maybe the guy can finally be a three down back like I know he can be. The offense is bonkers and they improved the Oline so maybe they throw less to protect Joe?
Gibbs - RBBC with Montgomery might be a pain in the ass so it might take a while to get sorted. But as a Crimson Herberts fan you know how legit this guy is. So I think they actually use his pass catching skills cause heck they don't really have anyone for the first 6 weeks outside of ARSB.

WRs)
Ridley
- Wild suggestion considering they gave a boat load of money to Kirk, they have Zay Jones. But the guy put up WR1 numbers in his breakout year on a broken foot. I believed in him coming out of his draft year, I think he's a true number 1 WR but he might be a low end WR1/high end WR2 with Trevor.
Cooper - Maybe things get better in year 2 with that QB. Just banking on that offense finally clicking.

5.12 and 6.1

So you probably have Justin not sure about the rest. But since it's PPR you wanna fill out that flex with a WR more often than not.

DJ Moore if he slides. I think people would be hesitant with the new QB in Fieldsy but I'm banking on a leap. Might be great value and he's a true number 1WR on that offense so he's a good WR2/3 depending on roster construction.
Cam Akers no one else is there. So McVay might lean heavy on him. Injuries are a pain but he might have true bellcow status there.
James Connor same as above but both have questionable Olines
Mattison no more Dalvin and he's shown to be a Dalvin lite at times. Maybe great value.
Other names of interest at this point Godwin (maybe he's the safety valve for Baker or it's a complete disaster), Drake London but depends hugely on Ridder, Pacheco maybe the lead guy after that playoff run, Javonte if you think he's healthy enough. J. Taylor if he slides this far after being on PUP but no idea if he actually plays this year, it's a gamble. I like Aiyuk more than Deebo at their respective ADPs. Also contract year.

Later guys that I like. This is getting way too long, so I'm just throwing names.

Take an Eagles RB if you can. It's a decent dart throw. We don't know which one and with the injury histories maybe Gainwell is the true value.
Diontae Johnson or George Pickens. If Diontae just had TDs it would have a decent fantasy season so maybe there's positive regression here. Pickens just screams number 1 WR in real life so this might be a breakout year barring Kenny PIckett
Dotson I just like him because he's a gamer. Banking on Howell showing he's the best QB from 2022 which isn't saying much at this point.
Anthony Richardson just might be worth a mid to late dart throw because the rushing upside.
Jordan Addison since he should be WR2 behind Jefferson. The lad is legit outside of speeding in a car.
Khalil Herbert maybe he shows that he can be a bellcow RB despite his size. He runs and catches well. Might get vultured by Fieldsy. Think he's good value though at his consensus ADP.
Jamaal Williams no Kamara for the first 3 weeks. So might be worth. Long term might be iffy unless he just vultures every TD. Plus the power of Anime.
Brian Robinson Jr/Gibson - I like Gibson more cause no more McKissic and hopefully they finally use him right as a pass catching RB since he was a FREAKING WR at Memphis.
Quentin Johsnton - I don't really know this Chargers WR room cause of all the big names. But he might be like a WR handcuff cause one of those 2 are going to get injured if not both.
Some Kansas City WR - I don't like Toney cause always injured but he might be the best. I had a huge draft crush on Skyy Moore but it just didn't work out his rookie year. Rashee Rice apparently was all over the place during preseason. Maybe it's the long term dynasty stash in Justyn Ross that pays off. But throw a dart and hopefully you hit the right target.
Mingo - me and Jojo love the lad. Maybe he stands out as the guy for Bryce. I don't really like the rehashes in Chark and Thielen.
If you don't have a TE at this point I like Gerald Everett cause Kellen Moore is the OC now, Njoku or maybe Higbee. If you like to play musical TEs like I do just grab a guy you think will do decent if you didn't take Kelce.
Achane - super duper fast yet tiny. Behind Mostert and Wilson but this whole RB is a freaking injury waiting to happen. I think he's worth a late round pick to see what happens.
Elijah Moore - talent is there and maybe he can be a good weapon behind Cooper for that QB.
Jaylen Warren - I think he plays better in to the Steelers' identity. Stuck behind Najee but who knows what could happen.
Tank Bigsby- Etienne might get injured so he's a valuable handcuff to have.
Deuce Vaughn - Pollard never had the workload of a bellcow. Maybe Deuce gets more play in this lightning strikes twice backfield

Defense just take one who has a good week 1 matchup and proceed from there unless you get the Eagles/9ers. But I don't take a defense until the second to last round.
Kicker is obviously Dicker the kicker.

TL;DR
Draft Justin at the 3/4 turn. Not sure how the rest will fall. Maybe you go hero RB or zero RB and load up on stud WRs. But just try to get good value for the pick based on ADP and based on your intuition. This isn't a science despite all the nerd numbers. Godspeed Crimson Herberts.

ALSO STAY AWAY FROM ANY PLAYER DANCINGPANTHER TAKES. HE'S A CURSE FOR FANTASY LIKE I'M A CURSE FOR IRL FOOTBALL AND HOCKEY
It's officially draft day now time to jump into this as trying to etch it into my brain over the weekend as my son pissed every where would have been a bad recipe.

Looks like we're gonna have to cross the Kelce part out at least for now at the top although it means he's likely going to be there for me so that's taking a real risk. I'm usually pretty safe when it comes to drafting so i'll likely go WR/RB in R1/R2 especially with what's coming in the next turn as you mentioned.

I'll probably need to take a QB there at that turn just simply because i'm a moron that values high end QB play even if it doesn't even result in high-end QB play (See Justin starting every game for me last year despite realizing that Daniel Jones had more points at the end of the year, I think). Justin is my guy and maybe someone will take him before then and I can be free of that burden and draft freely and then i'd just wait longer. At the moment I THINK knowing my league that someone will draft Mahomes, Allen, and MAYBE Hurts in the first round. Although it being our first year of PPR maybe people will shy away from QB's in the first but it's always a thing in this league.

I'm too scarred to take a Patriots RB ever again so I got a DND on Rhamondre. I'm also going to take Gibbs entirely too early if I get a chance so once again you know me very well, haha. He's probably someone that i'm going to hope is there at the 3/4 but I also type this knowing that I have put zero effort into looking at ADP. I always cram the day of.

As you know once you get passed the fourth round it's more of a "get your guy" then worry about over picking especially in the "turn" spot. Most of the players you'll want aren't going to make it to your next chance so might as well get the ones you want.

Going to highlight the players you mentioned and see what happens.

Also, this is the benefit of DP drafting before me so I can avoid those players. Chess not checkers.

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
Can't really explain it reasonably, but I simply do not like Fields. Or Jackson. Or Watson. Or Tua. Jackson and Watson feels like Roman candles, whose arcs were magnificent, but brief, before fading. I don't believe in Fields at all. Tua has great receivers but he just has that "neg" factor which radiates from him, to me.

Of Allen, Burrow, Lawrence, Herbert, and Rodgers, I see one having a stellar year above the rest and one absolutely bombing out (i.e. not good). I smell an injury.

Mahomes and Hurts - Love

If I was loading up on standard Flex early and waited until the mid-rounds to grab a serviceable QB, I'd go with Cousins, Carr (yes, Carr), Richardson, and my dark horse, Howell.

Everyone else is cannon fodder.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Can't really explain it reasonably, but I simply do not like Fields. Or Jackson. Or Watson. Or Tua. Jackson and Watson feels like Roman candles, whose arcs were magnificent, but brief, before fading. I don't believe in Fields at all. Tua has great receivers but he just has that "neg" factor which radiates from him, to me.

Of Allen, Burrow, Lawrence, Herbert, and Rodgers, I see one having a stellar year above the rest and one absolutely bombing out (i.e. not good). I smell an injury.

Mahomes and Hurts - Love

If I was loading up on standard Flex early and waited until the mid-rounds to grab a serviceable QB, I'd go with Cousins, Carr (yes, Carr), Richardson, and my dark horse, Howell.

Everyone else is cannon fodder.

Hard not to like Fields' legs. or Jackson's.

You've gotta get over that I think.

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
Hard not to like Fields' legs. or Jackson's.

You've gotta get over that I think.

I'm not in love with that aspect of their games. Jackson at least has had success as a passer in the past. I really have little confidence in Fields as a passer and Jackson has been trending downwards since 2019, with injuries taking their toll. It feels like running the football is their greatest strengths. Hard pass.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I'm not in love with that aspect of their games. Jackson at least has had success as a passer in the past. I really have little confidence in Fields as a passer and Jackson has been trending downwards since 2019, with injuries taking their toll. It feels like running the football is their greatest strengths. Hard pass.

Are you talking about for fantasy, or real life?

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
Are you talking about for fantasy, or real life?

A little from Column A and a little from Column B.

I would gather their Fantasy value exceeds their IRL value, but the risk of injury from relying too much on their legs renders them more one-dimensional, in my opinion, and curtails their usefulness/potential availability for an entire 17-game (depending on the league) schedule. It's the old "runners who can pass" vs. "passers who can run" conundrum for me.

Nothing against them personally.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

I would gather their Fantasy value exceeds their IRL value, but the risk of injury from relying too much on their legs renders them more one-dimensional, in my opinion, and curtails their usefulness/potential availability for an entire 17-game (depending on the league) schedule. It's the old "runners who can pass" vs. "passers who can run" conundrum for me.

I'll take either in fantasy before the pocket passer

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
FWIW we don’t have any actual evidence for injury rates being higher for scrambling QBs. Most QB injuries occur in the pocket.

I know that’s a slightly different topic, but it’s related. This is one of those things I really value from PFF. It’s not arguing about how good a 78 Grade is or something like that. They can show their work in these kinds of niche discussions.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
How is there not a better punter on the planet available than Siposs
Yeah it's concerning that they haven't gotten anyone (yet?) for that job, and I'm guessing we'll just see Siposs elevated for Sunday's game.

And, to be clear, I'm not giving it a whole lot of additional thought. Just commenting that I believe Siposs wasn't that great last year, was hoping they'd find another Punter, but if they're not then so be it and I'm expecting a good game from our guys on Sunday.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

IMO, whether it's real life or fantasy, you should thank your lucky stars if you have a QB that has legs as a weapon.

Most of the Top fantasy QBs from 2022 were threats with their legs. Mahomes, Allen, Hurts, Smith, Fields are 5 of the 6 top fantasy QBs (cutoff is at 6 since that's Fields & we're discussing him).

Even if they have bad WRs, QBs with legs can make plays on the ground & that's just what teams need.

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
I am not eschewing QBs who can run just for the sake of them running. Hurts can run but he can also pass. I don’t see that with Fields or Jackson (in recent times).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad