OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Don't Cry Because It's Over, Smile Because it Happened (Offseason - 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
Picked 2nd, Mahommes went first, 8 teams. No te position, 3 wr/te starters, must carry 2 def. No playoffs, straight through to last week matchups

Herbert
Cousins
JGibbs
JKdobbins
Kamara
Akers
K Herbert
Jefferson (1st)
Waddle
Kupp
M williams
MThomas
G davis
J Elliot
49ers
Bungles.

Wanted Waller from the Giants, but he was taken the pick before I targeted him. Have players out the first week, but happy with the team.took Herbert in the 5th

This guy...

(tapping foot)

THIS GUY

I think he was my second pick last year. Let's not discuss it any further.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Well here it is @Chinatown88

I don't know what to feel. It's the first year in forever I don't have a "top" tier QB so we're gonna see what happens.

The Alabama Crimson Chubbs ride to glory!

Bijian went #5, Josh Allen went #8, Kelce went #11 so then it was my turn. I thought about ARSB like you mentioned but thought maybe there was an outside chance that Kupp would be there for my next picks with the news coming out right before the draft so I went two RB. I've always "hated" taking RB's but i've always done well when I had bell cows just eating carries which we'll see how that goes with it now being a PPR. Maybe i've made a horrible mistake. Maybe I haven't but I trusted the HF Homies with Jojo demanding Pollard and I know you both love Chubb.

Mahomes went in the second round and then the start of the third run started the QB run. Hurts, Burrow, and Jackson to start the round and with Fields a few picks later. It was getting close to my pick so I was gripping the table tight and then Justin went two picks before me. Remarks were made about how rattled I would be by that. They weren't wrong. Lawrence went right after him so we had 8 QB's taken and at that point I didn't love anyone really so I went to the Alabama WR room and took Waddle and Ridley.

Between those picks and my next one there was the usual 4/5 round slop so I wasn't really zoned in on anyone particular but when I got on the clock I went against my statements to DP and took Cam Akers knowing that he likely will be carrying the load and it's worth taking a shot on him and then I figured I might as well take the QB and took Tua. Turns out I probably could have waited because after him a QB wasn't taken again until the 8th round. Oh well.

Gave Bif a shoutout with my 7th and 8th round picks with two Commanders and remembered that China talked about Robinson AND Dotson so it was meant to be.

I needed a TE so I took Higbee. Not exactly thrilled I have two Rams but oh well. Probably reached for Carlson but I believe he's been the best fantasy kicker the last two years or at least he's been on the last two championship teams so I wanted him.

I next set my sights on Flowers with my next pick with Jojo talking him up but he went before it was my turn again so I took my flyer on Treylon and then got my backup because I always have a backup. Hell, I traded Rodgers for Josh Jacobs last year so a backup can never be too important in our league.

Finished up with Denver's DEF because they were the one DEF that I knew wasn't taken (my list didn't have DEF or K) and they have Surtain so shoutout Alabama. Finished it up with the flyer on an Eagles RB as suggested by Chinatown.

QB: Tua Tagovailoa (Shoutout Bif)
RB: Tony Pollard (Shoutout Jojo)
RB: Nick Chubb (Shoutout RB1 that's not Jamaal)
WR: Jaylen Waddle
WR: Calvin Ridley
TE: Tyler Higbee
Flex: Cam Akers (Shoutout Chinatown and DP)
K: Daniel Carlson
DEF: Denver
B: Jahan Dotson (Shoutout Chinatown and Bif)
B: Brian Robinson (Shoutout Chinatown and Bif)
B: Treylon Burks
B: Kirk Cousins
B: Kenneth Gainwell (Shoutout Chinatown)

1.(12)Tony Pollard (Dal - RB)
2.(13)Nick Chubb (Cle - RB)
3.(36)Jaylen Waddle (Mia - WR)
4.(37)Calvin Ridley (Jax - WR)
5.(60)Cam Akers (LAR - RB)
6.(61)Tua Tagovailoa (Mia - QB)
7.(84)Jahan Dotson (Was - WR)
8.(85)Brian Robinson (Was - RB)
9.(108)Tyler Higbee (LAR - TE)
10.(109)Daniel Carlson (LV - K)
11.(132)Treylon Burks (Ten - WR)
12.(133)Kirk Cousins (Min - QB)
13.(156)Kenneth Gainwell (Phi - RB)
14.(157)Denver (Den - DEF)
I knew you would end up with Bama boys at WR. I just knew it.

GL I believe in the Crimson Herberts.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Oh dear. Ok, let me think of some late rounders.

A.T. Perry - Gone
Rocshon Johnson - Gone
Davis Allen - Maybe
LOL
Tyler Scott
Andre Iosivas

I think I'm just gonna meme and take LeSean McCoy and Tom Brady cause they're still in the Sleeper database and I think I'm out of viable players.

I missclicked and took Will Levis instead of Gainwell by accident. I'm a tad upset about that.

Jake Bobo might be worth a meme pick.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
Well here it is @Chinatown88

I don't know what to feel. It's the first year in forever I don't have a "top" tier QB so we're gonna see what happens.

The Alabama Crimson Chubbs ride to glory!

Bijian went #5, Josh Allen went #8, Kelce went #11 so then it was my turn. I thought about ARSB like you mentioned but thought maybe there was an outside chance that Kupp would be there for my next picks with the news coming out right before the draft so I went two RB. I've always "hated" taking RB's but i've always done well when I had bell cows just eating carries which we'll see how that goes with it now being a PPR. Maybe i've made a horrible mistake. Maybe I haven't but I trusted the HF Homies with Jojo demanding Pollard and I know you both love Chubb.

Mahomes went in the second round and then the start of the third run started the QB run. Hurts, Burrow, and Jackson to start the round and with Fields a few picks later. It was getting close to my pick so I was gripping the table tight and then Justin went two picks before me. Remarks were made about how rattled I would be by that. They weren't wrong. Lawrence went right after him so we had 8 QB's taken and at that point I didn't love anyone really so I went to the Alabama WR room and took Waddle and Ridley.

Between those picks and my next one there was the usual 4/5 round slop so I wasn't really zoned in on anyone particular but when I got on the clock I went against my statements to DP and took Cam Akers knowing that he likely will be carrying the load and it's worth taking a shot on him and then I figured I might as well take the QB and took Tua. Turns out I probably could have waited because after him a QB wasn't taken again until the 8th round. Oh well.

Gave Bif a shoutout with my 7th and 8th round picks with two Commanders and remembered that China talked about Robinson AND Dotson so it was meant to be.

I needed a TE so I took Higbee. Not exactly thrilled I have two Rams but oh well. Probably reached for Carlson but I believe he's been the best fantasy kicker the last two years or at least he's been on the last two championship teams so I wanted him.

I next set my sights on Flowers with my next pick with Jojo talking him up but he went before it was my turn again so I took my flyer on Treylon and then got my backup because I always have a backup. Hell, I traded Rodgers for Josh Jacobs last year so a backup can never be too important in our league.

Finished up with Denver's DEF because they were the one DEF that I knew wasn't taken (my list didn't have DEF or K) and they have Surtain so shoutout Alabama. Finished it up with the flyer on an Eagles RB as suggested by Chinatown.

QB: Tua Tagovailoa (Shoutout Bif)
RB: Tony Pollard (Shoutout Jojo)
RB: Nick Chubb (Shoutout RB1 that's not Jamaal)
WR: Jaylen Waddle
WR: Calvin Ridley
TE: Tyler Higbee
Flex: Cam Akers (Shoutout Chinatown and DP)
K: Daniel Carlson
DEF: Denver
B: Jahan Dotson (Shoutout Chinatown and Bif)
B: Brian Robinson (Shoutout Chinatown and Bif)
B: Treylon Burks
B: Kirk Cousins
B: Kenneth Gainwell (Shoutout Chinatown)

Pollard and chubb are solid. Akers was the rb4 last year the last 5 weeks of the season. I do like Tua if he can stay healthy this year. Dotson had similar stats to McLaurin last year. Nice job hc

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

If it were me, the lesson I would take from this is to pick Justin in the first round (which I knew you should have done in the build-up to this, but didn't want to say anything and mess you up) - because it is more important to be happy than it is to win, and it is possible to do both with some astute adjustments further down the line. That's just me, though.

I bet that Dotson pick is going to pay off nicely, if Fat Sam can actually play. I hate the Akers pick, but I support you.

• Wow
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
If it were me, the lesson I would take from this is to pick Justin in the first round (which I knew you should have done in the build-up to this, but didn't want to say anything and mess you up) - because it is more important to be happy than it is to win, and it is possible to do both with some astute adjustments further down the line. That's just me, though.

I bet that Dotson pick is going to pay off nicely, if Fat Sam can actually play. I hate the Akers pick, but I support you.

Fat Sam is revolutionary. The game will forever be changed.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
It came up elsewhere, so I'll toss them in here. Who's got bold predictions?

• Falcons win the South.
  • Matt Stafford gets traded.
  • Olave establishes himself as a true #1, consensus top 7-8 guy.
  • Dallas-Buffalo Super Bowl
  • Trevor Lawrence, Serious MVP Contender No one will complain about my predictions.

Last edited:

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
It came up elsewhere, so I'll toss them in here. Who's got bold predictions?

• Falcons win the South.
  • Matt Stafford gets traded.
  • Olave establishes himself as a true #1, consensus top 7-8 guy.
  • Dallas-Buffalo Super Bowl
  • Trevor Lawrence, Serious MVP Contender

Sam Howell over 4k yards, 30+ passing TDs
Kyler Murray to the Vikings in the offseason
Justin Fields finishes top 3 in MVP voting
Calvin Ridley leads the league in receiving yards
49ers/Bills aren't Super Bowl contenders and barely squeak in the playoffs as wild card seeds.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Sam Howell over 4k yards, 30+ passing TDs
Kyler Murray to the Vikings in the offseason
Justin Fields finishes top 3 in MVP voting
Calvin Ridley leads the league in receiving yards
49ers/Bills aren't Super Bowl contenders and barely squeak in the playoffs as wild card seeds.

You know what I think of the Bills, but I'm with you on SF. I seriously considered that first line saying both the Falcons and Seahawks win their Divisions.

I'm lower on the Buffalo defense than most specifically in the playoffs. I just don't think that offense can be stopped when they're healthy.

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE

(checks notes)

"...is a Cowboys fan..."

Yep, makes sense (snaps notebook shut).

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
-Commanders win Super Bowl under Howell's peerless leadership and play, but only because Harris takes stock of that fat stupid drooling slob JDR and fires him 6 games into the season in favor of someone who does at least some basic work.
-Everyone has their shit together. Herbert throws for 5000 yards.
-Prescott is a backup by season's end. He retires in disgust.
-New England is back
-Giants win the division
-After all the hype, the Jets go for 4 wins.
-DC/Burrows SB

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
-Commanders win Super Bowl under Howell's peerless leadership and play, but only because Harris takes stock of that fat stupid drooling slob JDR and fires him 6 games into the season in favor of someone who does at least some basic work.
-Everyone has their shit together. Herbert throws for 5000 yards.
-Prescott is a backup by season's end. He retires in disgust.
-New England is back
-After all the hype, the Jets go for 4 wins.
New England is back?

Birds by a billion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad