OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Don't Cry Because It's Over, Smile Because it Happened (Offseason - 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Guess similar to the Phillies it's time to close the season thread and open up an offseason one...

giphy.gif

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Bijan-Robinson-Lamborghini-1.jpg

I haven't asked for a player since 2009 and FatMan blessed me with Maclin and McCoy. Please Football Powers That Be and begrudgingly Howie come through for me.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
I'm not sure that this is true but i'm not going to fact check you...
Okay there was Earl Thomas in 2010 but that was before I even joined any message board. Was lurking on the official Eagles Message Board back in those days.

As for the HF era I don't remember pining as hard but I wouldn't be surprised if I did.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Okay there was Earl Thomas in 2010 but that was before I even joined any message board. Was lurking on the official Eagles Message Board back in those days.

As for the HF era I don't remember pining as hard but I wouldn't be surprised if I did.
Are the letters to Howie and Jeff canon?

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Bijan-Robinson-Lamborghini-1.jpg

I haven't asked for a player since 2009 and FatMan blessed me with Maclin and McCoy. Please Football Powers That Be and begrudgingly Howie come through for me.
I would hate taking him at 10 but I don't think he lasts until 30. If one of the top 4 QB's fall and Howie can swing trading down from 10 to 19 or 20(Bucs or Seattle) for a 2024 first then I wouldn't mind them drafting him with that pick. The more I watch of him, the more I feel that he's an exception to the rule of never drafting RB's in the first round. He's going to be an impact player day 1 and with him in this offense and our O-line, they would be close to damn unstoppable.

Reactions: Chinatown88

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
I would hate taking him at 10 but I don't think he lasts until 30. If one of the top 4 QB's fall and Howie can swing trading down from 10 to 19 or 20(Bucs or Seattle) for a 2024 first then I wouldn't mind them drafting him with that pick. The more I watch of him, the more I feel that he's an exception to the rule of never drafting RB's in the first round. He's going to be an impact player day 1 and with him in this offense and our O-line, they would be close to damn unstoppable.
Oh I agree and I think more people would be fine if you #TeamTradeDown from 10 to pick up more assets then take him. I think he's a blue chipper and talent wise he's one of the top 5 in this draft class. But insert generic PFF talking points about RBs and their positional value and second contracts that you don't want to hand to RBs.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
The problem with drafting Bijan high is that he would just have to be so much better than any other RB in the league to really make it worth it.

I am just not sure that it is possible for him (or any RB basically) to bring the type of value to justify spending a top10 pick on him.

If my math checks out, he would average over 5M on the cap during his rookie contract. That already puts him in the top 15-20 range of all running backs in the league. The excess value you usually gain out of high 1st rounders (that hit of course) just isn't really there with running backs and it arguably gets even worse on their second contracts (and if Bijan is as good as many people believe, he will get a Zeke type contract if he hits most likely).

If you factor in that this just might be the deepest RB draft we have seen in the last 10 years, it just does not feel worth it.
The only way you ever consider it, is if you are convinced that he would make this offense completely unstoppable and elevate it to above Reid/Mahomes Chiefs level basically.
Which is not impossible but would be one hell of a bet. Especially considering that you could easily get a franchise RB in the 3rd or 4th round this year (have to hit of course but between the likes of Charbonnet, Achane, Bigsby, Tucker, Spears and a few others, I think the odds of hitting on a stud in the mid rounds has rarely been better).

The only way I would be somewhat fine with it is if it is part of a trade down into the early-mid 20s where we pick up a 2024 1st in the process while someone jumps up for a QB.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Since it's been a topic:

• Desai would likely run something in the Fangio realm. Think variable Fronts, with the most common being Odd. Tons of Stunts and post-Snap rotations A lot of Gap and a Half responsibilities for DL. Cover 4/6/8 on the back end.
  • Joseph plays a hell of a lot of Man and Blitzes the shit out of you.
  • Kris Richard has a background rooted in Seattle style Cover 3 and then did mostly C3/C1 with the Saints.

TLDR; Wait to see who the DC is before you look at who you want to draft. Those are wildly different schemes.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
Since it's been a topic:

• Desai would likely run something in the Fangio realm. Think variable Fronts, with the most common being Odd. Tons of Stunts and post-Snap rotations A lot of Gap and a Half responsibilities for DL. Cover 4/6/8 on the back end.
  • Joseph plays a hell of a lot of Man and Blitzes the shit out of you.
  • Kris Richard has a background rooted in Seattle style Cover 3 and then did mostly C3/C1 with the Saints.

TLDR; Wait to see who the DC is before you look at who you want to draft. Those are wildly different schemes.

Does that open the door for Gonzalez? I ask because I know you mentioned you liked him a lot; minus the scheme fit.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Does that open the door for Gonzalez? I ask because I know you mentioned you liked him a lot; minus the scheme fit.

I should have added that. Thank you. Hell yes it could.

Further along the same road, Witherspoon would really require a heavy Press/Man scheme for me, but Joseph would certainly count for that. Potentially Richard too. Sounds like they're not the favorites, though.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I should have added that. Thank you. Hell yes it could.

Further along the same road, Witherspoon would really require a heavy Press/Man scheme for me, but Joseph would certainly count for that. Potentially Richard too. Sounds like they're not the favorites, though.
Reese?

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Oh I agree and I think more people would be fine if you #TeamTradeDown from 10 to pick up more assets then take him. I think he's a blue chipper and talent wise he's one of the top 5 in this draft class. But insert generic PFF talking points about RBs and their positional value and second contracts that you don't want to hand to RBs.
That Gibbs guy is great too. That guy has an unreal speed burst. Makes other people look like they are not even trying.

But, I just can't do it.

Reactions: Chinatown88

Van Buren Boy

--------------------
Aug 18, 2006
I was watching The QB School's video of Hurts' performance and just noticed how many blatant calls were missed. I took a screenshot of Watkins missed opportunity. Even to my eyes in full speed it looked obvious.

7-CC61-D8-B-8-E0-A-48-F6-A4-AD-2-B2-B3-EEAF361.jpg

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
They missed the one on the 1st half where Bradberry really should have been flagged for pass interference. Refs had a bad game overall again. Like they were all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad