OT: Philadelphia 76ers: Taking Our Talents To The Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
this team without Embiid is cringeworthy, but i'm not even sure you can blame him for this.

It's not Embiid's fault that Covington and Bayless constantly brick 3s. It's not Embiid's fault that this team has no discipline and constantly suffers from simultaneous brainfarts.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
On the one hand, without Embiid and Redick they should have had no chance against the Raptors. On the other hand, they blew a huge lead again. On the other other hand, they hung in pretty well in the 4th. On the other other other hand, they got screwed by the refs. On the other other other other hand, maybe Embiid will play Saturday.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
this team without Embiid is cringeworthy, but i'm not even sure you can blame him for this.

It's not Embiid's fault that Covington and Bayless constantly brick 3s. It's not Embiid's fault that this team has no discipline and constantly suffers from simultaneous brainfarts.

Bayless should just never attempt another 3. Ever.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
On the one hand, without Embiid and Redick they should have had no chance against the Raptors. On the other hand, they blew a huge lead again. On the other other hand, they hung in pretty well in the 4th. On the other other other hand, they got screwed by the refs. On the other other other other hand, maybe Embiid will play Saturday.

Redick is on my shitlist. Either he's been playing hurt, or he's no less inconsistent at shooting the 3 than several players who have come and gone from this team over the past 4 seasons.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Redick is on my ****list. Either he's been playing hurt, or he's no less inconsistent at shooting the 3 than several players who have come and gone from this team over the past 4 seasons.

He’s been a bit of a disappointment but with Covington being so hot and cold Redick is still the team’s most reliable 3 pt shooter. The Sixers pretty much need him but it would be nice if he could pick it up some.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
I really, really don't wanna be on the "well maybe Brett Brown isn't the answer" bandwagon because goddamnit i like the guy and he's been through so much for this team and it would be horrible to just kick him to the curb right when things are starting to get good, but....

Reactions: Cody Webster

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
you dont think maybe the reason why the celtics are so good even when they rebuilt their team is because danny a always went after power forwards and small forwards? i mean yes thomas was good and so was bradley but even since they were gone, with the additions of tatum and brown which they are forwards, they are playing at a high level.

i mean imagine if the genus hinkie took porzingis and bc took tatum with simmons, i think this team wouldnt be this bad. i think we are all afraid to admit that our gms hinkie and bc have built this team wrong. hate to say it but we have to tank again for another foward because all the good players from draft for so many years have been forwards.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
The Celts' best player is Kyrie and he's a guard. They've got good depth at forward and good depth in general and that's why they are good.
They'll still get murdered by the Cavs and maybe even the Raptors come playoff time.

Disastrous December so far we need to turn around. Going to the game at the Garden at noon so hopefully I can see the turnaround.

Microwave culture is killing us, hopefully our front office doesn't get too antsy. We're 20 months removed from finishing 10-72.

Our bench is one of the worst in the league. This is expected. Jo is the best defensive player in the world who also average 23+ pts but his injuries will always be a factor to deal with. When you lose him the team loses much of its bite and then it takes a game or two to work him back into a rhythm. He dominated the Raps early then lost his wind and wasn't as effective.

Think of it like this: Jo is Lindros. Simmons is Brind'Amour. We don't have a Desjardins, a Recchi, or a LeClair to go with them so when Lindros gets hurt its just Brind'Amour and no depth. I still think we make the playoffs and get 42 wins

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
The Celts' best player is Kyrie and he's a guard. They've got good depth at forward and good depth in general and that's why they are good.
They'll still get murdered by the Cavs and maybe even the Raptors come playoff time.

Disastrous December so far we need to turn around. Going to the game at the Garden at noon so hopefully I can see the turnaround.

Microwave culture is killing us, hopefully our front office doesn't get too antsy. We're 20 months removed from finishing 10-72.

Our bench is one of the worst in the league. This is expected. Jo is the best defensive player in the world who also average 23+ pts but his injuries will always be a factor to deal with. When you lose him the team loses much of its bite and then it takes a game or two to work him back into a rhythm. He dominated the Raps early then lost his wind and wasn't as effective.

Think of it like this: Jo is Lindros. Simmons is Brind'Amour. We don't have a Desjardins, a Recchi, or a LeClair to go with them so when Lindros gets hurt its just Brind'Amour and no depth. I still think we make the playoffs and get 42 wins

I get what you’re saying, and basically agree, but Simmons is a much bigger talent (not talking actual size here) than Brind’Amour was. I mean, even if Embiid didn’t exist you would still build a team around Simmons. Brindy, not so much.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Well, shooting is what they got him for so as long as the shots are falling he’s an asset. They need someone like him to stretch the floor. But he’s had some horrible turnovers lately, that’s got to stop. Same goes for the whole team though.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
That was a fun game. Embiid was the man, McConnell proved his value to this team, and Redick had an above-average game for his standards.

Really wish this team had a better 3-point shooter at the 4 than Dario, though...

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
Great game to be at. Always fun to get into with Knicks fans and curse at little kids. Glad to get a win. Now to hop back in the car to watch the Eagles destroy the Raiders in the best Xmas double header of all time!!!!

Here's to victory. And a happy holidays fellas (and ladies if there are any)
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Great game to be at. Always fun to get into with Knicks and curse at little kids. Glad to get a win. Now to hop back in the car to watch the Eagles destroy the Raiders in the best Xmas double header of all time!!!!

Here's to victory. And a happy holidays fellas (and ladies if there are any)
giphy.gif

Way to represent... :thumbu:

Reactions: Lotusflower

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
Jack, you should've seen me during the Doug Collins era. 19 year old me almost got thrown out of both the WFC and the Garden multiple times for semi-drunken escapades.

Reactions: JackStraw

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
NBA is a terrible product.
Maybe so..but the league ratings are up....so its not that terrible. To me the NHL has become more of a lame product over the years since nobody seems to hit anymore....they have neutered the intensity of the game because of the head injuries concern. Then again I am basing this mostly off of the Hakstol coached Flyers team...

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Maybe so..but the league ratings are up....so its not that terrible. To me the NHL has become more of a lame product over the years since nobody seems to hit anymore....they have neutered the intensity of the game because of the head injuries concern. Then again I am basing this mostly off of the Hakstol coached Flyers team...

It was posted in reference to Lebron being fouled twice on a pivotal play in the game today and the Warriors came away with the ball somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad