OT: Philadelphia 76ers: Onseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Redick simply must hit that wide open wide open wide open uncontested three.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Embiid and Simmons have a long way to go. Or why you don't want to start rookies in any sport.
Embiid was forcing things in the paint instead of quickly passing out of the double team and resetting, and he's a bit out of control on defense, going for blocks at the expense of rebounding position.
Simmons doesn't have a shot that anyone respects and was too tentative down the stretch.

I always know this team is trouble when they're not passing the ball around the perimeter and setting up either an open 3 or penetration with a dishout if contested. When they're clicking the ball doesn't stick to anyone's hands.

Trust the Process. You can see how good they're going to be in a couple months.
BB is having to teach a lot of moving pieces how to play defense together.
When it clicks, it'll be awesome.
But right now, like the Flyers and Phillies next year, it's growing pains.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Dario has been underutilized IMO....hence being out of sync. Brett Brown has a lot of moving pieces he has to figure out..but at least he has them.

That Embiid goaltending call was a killer but it looked clean to me...

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Hopefully this turns out to be one of those games that helps a young team believe that they can beat the league's top teams. I figured this game for a loss and I wasn't really expecting it to be all that close. But the Sixers were in control pretty much the entire game and just failed to close it out. We saw that last year in the first part of the year as well.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Hopefully this turns out to be one of those games that helps a young team believe that they can beat the league's top teams. I figured this game for a loss and I wasn't really expecting it to be all that close. But the Sixers were in control pretty much the entire game and just failed to close it out. We saw that last year in the first part of the year as well.

It should....just have to jell more. They looked good last two games.....tonight they just had a brain cloud of a game at the end there.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It's easy to forget how inexperienced Embiid really is, and Simmons as well, has either played 80 total college and pro games?

One bright spot is Anderson's 3 point shot looks much improved, if he could hit 35+%, he could be a valuable 3 & D guy off the bench.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
It's easy to forget how inexperienced Embiid really is, and Simmons as well, has either played 80 total college and pro games?

One bright spot is Anderson's 3 point shot looks much improved, if he could hit 35+%, he could be a valuable 3 & D guy off the bench.

if he can be a legit 3 point shooter, he has starter potential. I love redick, and i love his leadership that we desperately need, but its clear as day that he is struggling to defend his position.
Having a guy like anderson, and covington two 3 and d + guys will compliment this team long term. TLC is not there in either category imo.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Almost gave that one away. This Mavs team will be in the basement out West so a solid win but not necessarily impressive.

Rather have Embiid at the line as opposed to Bayless if Reddick continues to be out.
Embiid needs to tighten up defensively. When he's on we go on runs every time but when he's lax a **** team like these Mavs can get it close and potentially steal victories.

Our offense has honestly shocked me with how solid, for the Sixers standards I mean, its been. Our D has been the letdown thus far but considering the personnel I expect it to improve

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
No structural damage is the important part now that we're beyond the standard injury mishandling.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Is it concerning that he’s seemingly been hurt for amonth and is out out another theee weeks without it being structural?

Someone with medical knowledge help me out here.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
Is it concerning that he’s seemingly been hurt for amonth and is out out another theee weeks without it being structural?

Someone with medical knowledge help me out here.

I would say it probably comes down to the fact that muscles don't really heal unless you rest them. Think of a pulled groin or hamstring, and how the linger.

Hopefully there's no tendonitis in his shoulder, I don't know if they qaulify that as structural damage or not.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
So he has two different sized shoulder blades? Weird, but my friend who is a doctor said all he needs is physical therapy and he will be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad