OT: Philadelphia 76ers: Onseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Second straight season we are all amazed at our rookie. Last year we were floored by Embiid, Simmons looks like a ****ing monster. His shot doesn't look beautiful, but it falls and right now that helps a lot. Teams will have to play up on him and he can smoke them. BTW. I love that he dunks EVERYTHING. He doesn't even mess with it.

That play last night late where he dribbled the length then just BARGED into the lane and threw it down, that was impressive.

If he keeps sinking those 15-18 footers just above the elbows, he's going to be a huge problem for opponents.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
That play last night late where he dribbled the length then just BARGED into the lane and threw it down, that was impressive.

If he keeps sinking those 15-18 footers just above the elbows, he's going to be a huge problem for opponents.

So many coaches are already commenting how much of a pain he is. Also if he can get his FT% up, he'll be dropping 29 pts a night

Reactions: JXC

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
So many coaches are already commenting how much of a pain he is. Also if he can get his FT% up, he'll be dropping 29 pts a night
Yes, I had forgotten, you're right, he needs to work FTs

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Simmons HAS to improve his FT%, for one thing, as the primary ballhandler who attacks the basket, he's going to live at the line.
But just as important, as last night showed, at the end of games they're gonna hack him until he makes them pay for that strategy.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Dario is a pretty solid stretch 4 in today's NBA, especially off the bench. Part of the problem is the guy plays the whole damn year since he does national team work with Croatia in the offseason.

As far as how the season has gone so far, I've definitely been pleasantly surprised with Simmons. I expected him to play well but not have quite the impact that he has. Scoring better than I expected and playing pretty solid defense too.
I've been a bit frustrated with Embiid at times on offense where he's trying to be too cute and face up, instead of posting up. Turning the ball over too much trying to drive when that's not his game. His handle is solid for a big guy but it's still way too loose (partially due to his size) to be putting the ball on the floor in traffic.

It's easy to forget that Embiid won't hit 100 college/pro games played until probably February.
Practice just isn't the same as game time, the problem is he's so good it's become frustrating when he plays like, well, a rookie!

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Simmons HAS to improve his FT%, for one thing, as the primary ballhandler who attacks the basket, he's going to live at the line.
But just as important, as last night showed, at the end of games they're gonna hack him until he makes them pay for that strategy.

You saw it against Houston. I kept bitching to stop inbounding the ball to him. In bound it to Embiid or Bayless. ANYBODY BUT SIMMONS.

It's one thing if you are going to run an offense, but Houston was just going to foul.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Maybe it's because of the years of defending the long-term view, but I don't remember a team in any sport where I got more statisfaction from watching them play well.

I never say this, but I want this win after how poor they've looked against Atlanta recently.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Its nuts how out of control Embiid plays. He's the third best big man in the world and he STILL looks so ridiculously raw as a prospect

Reactions: JXC

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Lebron's currently screaming at his teammates in live play. Going to be an interesting summer.

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
Good win but not necessarily impressive as that Atlanta team will be in the basement.

It makes me sick to my stomach watching Boston play great. The crazy thing is it shows just how good of a coach Stevens is. That guy is a prodigy

Reactions: Jtown

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
Embiid firing cross-court bullets with one hand is my kind of absurdity.

He's sick isnt he? He can do everything Okafor cant at an elite level and is better than Okafor at what should be his saving grace.

On another note, I hate being a Philly sports fan sometimes. Im at work right now and these two guys are arguing Embiid vs. Simmons.

Like, dont yall understand what the Process was for in the first place? Enjoy the embarrassment of riches while it lasts

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
He's sick isnt he? He can do everything Okafor cant at an elite level and is better than Okafor at what should be his saving grace.

On another note, I hate being a Philly sports fan sometimes. Im at work right now and these two guys are arguing Embiid vs. Simmons.

Like, dont yall understand what the Process was for in the first place? Enjoy the embarrassment of riches while it lasts

It was that way every other place I've ever lived, too. They cared about different sports, but there's always this weird need to compare. I think it might have even been worse in NYC. I'm so thankful I never have to to hear another Jeter vs ARod argument. Shut up and enjoy them both.

The Sixers have two aliens and a third guy with true high-end potential who fits like a glove with the two all-world talents. Embiid is an all-time personality of top of the talent. Covington is finally getting his due. The cap has been managed well enough that signing all of them should be completely possible and you have one more year where you can add a big free agent. I'm just going to relax and enjoy the ride....while loathing the Colangelos, Josh Harris, and Scott O'Neil.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Simmons is so good. It's so fun watching him. I'm glad Embiid is starting to dish more. Once the pass becomes a threat, it'll open him back up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad