OT: Philadelphia 76ers: Onseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
They got a little sloppy in the 2nd half but overall a nice effort. Never trailed. As Simmons and Embiid get more familiar with each other they’re going to be scary.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
you can tell the people who often criticize the Process most caustically never actually watched the team during the Process years.

We lost our first 3 against solid teams. I remember watching us drop our first 17. I wasnt worried. Simm and Embiid the Dynamic Duo. Hopefully we get many more years of this.

Fultz will hopefully start to get on a roll when his shoulder starts to heal up

Reactions: Rebels57

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Not a Sixers thing, but I thought this stat was crazy.

In the last 20 years of basketball, the Spurs have only had a losing record for 48 days! That's crazy!

The next best was in the 700's.

Reactions: JXC

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
What stood out was good defense.
This is how BB will get this team to jell, focus on defense, and the offense will come.
Simmonds is growing as a player, Fultz will gradually get more PT, and the other pieces will learn to play together.
But you can ride defense while the offense develops.

The difference for BB is that he has much better tinkertoys this year.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
The Spurs have had an amazing run. I think when you talk about the best coaches in all of North American pro sports, there's Popovich and Belichick, and then there's everybody else.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Unreal. Definitely worrying that they played him after the Embiid in Houston fiasco, but this has to be best case for the long term.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I don't really see the point in playing him if it's as bad as it sounds. If he is physically unable to play is normal game he's not really helping the team much. Might as well give someone else those minutes- be it Stauskas or TLC or Furcan. As Sixers fans we're pretty much used to our first round pick not playing so at this point what's one more?

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
They're 100% playing him so they've don't have to take the heat of another top 3 pick being injure, especially one they trade up for.

They also played Embiid injured because of It being on ESPN.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Gargano and Cooney were saying this morning it was all mental. How could you look at his shot and not see there is something physically wrong?

Good idea to sit him for a few games.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I strongly suspect that Fultz hurt his shoulder at some point during the summer. Rather than tell the team that, he told them that he changed his shot. I remember reading a report that he had changed his shot and the team wasn’t happy with it and wanted him to go back to what he was doing in college. I think the reason he didn’t go back is because of the injury, and he couldn’t.

I think he hid the injury from the team. He wouldn’t be the first athlete to do that, and it would be even less surprising from a young player wants to get his pro career started. Even less surprising considering he knew about Simmons and Embiid before him.

Reactions: SnS and JXC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad