Waived: [PHI] F Ryan Johansen waived by the Flyers (cleared)

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I see a handful of you thinking about trading for him....no, no, no. We Avs fans also wishfully thought that Johansen at 50% retained was a really good idea. Maybe he'd be motivated to win a cup? Maybe Jared Bednar, who has done so well with so many others, could motivate him? We were all fooled. He's awful.

I do like the suggestion from the Isles fan who thinks the Isles could acquire him at 50%, though...primarily because watching Patrick Roy's face increasingly turn into a tomato on the Isles bench as Johansen trips over his stick; as Johansen fails to backcheck; and as Johansen waves at the puck as it goes by would provide entertainment for all.

Apparently he was a pretty good DJ in the Avs' dressing room tho. I'm sure the AHL will enjoy him.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Ryan Johansson is not a good player anymore. I would say barely a fourth liner at this point

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
He only has this year and next so Chicago should pick him up, play him with Bedard now and again so he picks up some points and then see if anyone wants him next trade deadline.

They just need warm bodies for next year and would help if the Blackhawks sell anyone this week.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Strange to see these posts back-to-back.

Can either of you provide more info as to why he's a "great dude" or a "piece of ..."?
In his time with the Avs I didn’t hear of anything. I’m speaking strictly to his time here in CO. Seemed like a good dude, his hockey effort no one will deny

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
A deal around Armia for Johansen if Johansen clears, which I imagine he would ? 600k difference, so maybe a 4th, or a 5th from the flyers side ?

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
56856796579.gif

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
He only has this year and next so Chicago should pick him up, play him with Bedard now and again so he picks up some points and then see if anyone wants him next trade deadline.

They just need warm bodies for next year and would help if the Blackhawks sell anyone this week.
Don’t see that happening

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad