Waived: [PHI] F Ryan Johansen waived by the Flyers (cleared)

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
GYANi7.gif

Avs44

May 16, 2011
When I said this in the other thread as news was breaking I mean it in jest, but I enjoy the fact that the Flyers are actually waiving him :laugh: Good riddance.

That's true. However -- and hear me out -- what if we also trade the Flyers a baseball bat so that Torts can greet him with it at the entrance to the stadium before informing him he's being waived?

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
He was just dumped there in a trade by Colorado.

Technical question. Can nashville claim him? And if so is he still considered a retained contract?
And if there's any thought that he could end up LTIRetired, this question could have some importance - ie, if LTIRed on any other team, Nashville loses 4M of cap room, if they claim him and salary retention is cancelled, all 8M can be covered through LTIR.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
He was just dumped there in a trade by Colorado.

Technical question. Can nashville claim him? And if so is he still considered a retained contract?
I don’t think you can reacquire a player for a year after retaining on them. And even if you could once you have they still occupy a retention spot.
Retained salary remains until the contract expires unless they retire or are bought out.

Reactions: herzausstein

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I don’t think you can reacquire a player for a year after retaining on them. And even if you could once you have they still occupy a retention spot.
Retained salary remains until the contract expires unless they retire or are bought out.
Thats what im looking for. Has some serious ramifications with cap logistics this season and next if we could do it and how the retention works. I dont think trotz would have the stomach for it personally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad