Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] D Nick Seeler signs extension with the Flyers (4 years, $2.7M AAV)

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
I don't suppose signing and keeping both Seeler and Walker would necessarily prevent trades in the summer, provided they don't overpay or offer no-trade clauses.

Seeler at 4 x $3.3 will diminish that return though.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I don't suppose signing and keeping both Seeler and Walker would necessarily prevent trades in the summer, provided they don't overpay or offer no-trade clauses.

Seeler at 4 x $3.3 will diminish that return though.
At that rate/term they are stuck with him. AMac2.0.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
I don't think so.

Flyers love that pairing. If one stays, i'd guess it's likelier that the 2nd (and better) stays aswell.
He’s a soon to be 30 yo on an expiring. Makes no sense for a rebuilding team like Philly to keep Walker.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
At least trade walker, otherwise good luck selling a "rebuild" to your fanbase.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
$2.7 isn't as bad viscerally as 3+ but you've basically locked him in for the rest of his career, which I guess is the goal here from Flyers management. He goes from a potentially decently valuable trade asset to a guy you are just gonna have playing 15-17 minutes a night for through his age 35 season. Not saying that's the worst thing given how he has played. But...yeah...guess third pair LHD is on lock!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad