Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA

Hope he dominates.

I'm no expert, but I'll give you my thoughts. He didn't dominate, but he wasn't as bad as the score makes it look. Two of the goals were complete breakdowns by the team. On one they left two forwards alone in the slot and everyone was watching a battle for the puck below the goal line. When the Komets won it the puck was passed in front and Stolarz had no chance. The other was a bad turnover exiting the defensive zone that left a Komet one on one vs Stolarz and he got beat five-hole. There was one soft goal. The overtime goal Swavely blocked a shot and was hurt, so they were playing 2 vs 3. Overall he looked like he was seeing the puck really well, but he wasn't controlling all the rebounds. The first period looked a lot better than the second, third and overtime. My friends and I were joking that Hextall called the coach during the first intermission and told him he wanted to see Stolarz face more odd man rushes.

He's scheduled to start again tonight vs Brampton. It is St Hat-tricks day, (special green jerseys and $10K prize for a fan it a hat trick is scored) Ted Dibiasi "the million dollar man" will be signing autographs, they are retiring 2013 Kelly Cup Championship team Captain Yannick Tifu's jersey, and Patrick Kelly and the Kelly Cup will be in the building too. It should be a good show, with a big crowd.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Figure Stolarz is a month away from NHL competition, right now he's just getting into game shape, you can work out all you want but it doesn't prepare you for 60 minutes. Then he moves up to the AHL and gets used to things moving faster.

So really, what he does the next couple weeks is irrelevant, except for remaining upright.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It's irrelevant the same way the first couple spring training outings by pitchers are irrelevant.
Right now his focus has to be to get into game shape and get his fundamentals down, performance doesn't really matter at this point.

Once Stolarz is in game shape and promoted to the AHL, you'll have a read with regard to how ready he is for NHL play, and what to look forward to next season.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Rubtsov is struggling. Now 6 points below being a PPG.

Laberge 16 points under (but only 5 under since the big trade); Rubtsov 6 points under, though he brings a lot more between scoring. And somehow we still got Hart, Allison, and Laczynski who are all top prospects for us. Hogberg too isn't far behind, and even Bunnaman and Twar could be above-average 4th liners; Bernhardt is a wild card. It's why you don't treat picks like candy.

That said, Rubtsov still only played 49 games this year and 65 in his Q career, through injuries and a cultural barrier he may have had a tougher time than expected with (an underrated thing about Vorobyev's season, tangentially, is how happy and adjusted he seems on/off ice). I won't pretend that he isn't dropping for me, but I also won't get crazy with it. I still think there's a smart, skilled, hardworking, useful player in there who may have just had 1 fluke bad year. As we've seen with others, like Faksa, shit happens sometimes. I watched almost every Chicoutimi game he played last year, and he impressed the heck out of me. It didn't not happen. Some guys I'm less willing to give mulligans to than others, but I still feel like I'm in the mulligan stage with him. He can still improve his feet and be more assertive, but there's nothing damning I can point to either.

Last edited:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Ratcliffe scored number 41. Finished regular season 41 + 27 = 68 in 67 games.

Sushko had 2 assists. One more game to go.

Strome didn't play. Most likely resting. Finished regular season 37 + 31 = 68 in 65 games.

Kyrou didn't play and Luchuk didn't record a point in a 10 goal game. If Frost has a 6 point game tomorrow, he can tie for the league lead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad