Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
6InBgDK.jpg
Kiss it with your ass, Hagger.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Frost is good defensively but +/- in junior is even more irrelevant. He’s their top center by far & away. He also missed I believe only 1 game to this point.

Top players in juniors play over a half a game even the forwards. So they’re going to rack up some points & +/-.

GF - 308
GA - 179
PPGF - 59
SHGA - 6
PPGA - 43
SHGF - 22
SOW - 2
SOL - 3

As a team they are a +130 (269/139) on the year in goal differential that would assess +/-.

I’m too lazy to do it but on the flip side a guy like Ratcliffe is a top player for his team that isn’t very good & that’s why he leads his team in - in a big way.

70/130 is still pretty impressive.

153/204, so Ratcliffe is 27/51 which isn't good.
Which is probably why he'll spend another year in juniors and at least one in the AHL.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Frost is good defensively but +/- in junior is even more irrelevant. He’s their top center by far & away. He also missed I believe only 1 game to this point.

Top players in juniors play over a half a game even the forwards. So they’re going to rack up some points & +/-.

GF - 308
GA - 179
PPGF - 59
SHGA - 6
PPGA - 43
SHGF - 22
SOW - 2
SOL - 3

As a team they are a +130 (269/139) on the year in goal differential that would assess +/-.

I’m too lazy to do it but on the flip side a guy like Ratcliffe is a top player for his team that isn’t very good & that’s why he leads his team in - in a big way.
I lied & did it anyway. Ratcliffe is a -27 on the year. The next player on his team is Ryan Merkley who’s another top player at -25.

GF - 218
GA - 254
PPGF - 54
SHGA - 7
PPGA - 43
SHGF - 11
SOW - 2
SOL - 4

So they’re a -41 (173/214) as a team in +/- goal differential.

So if Frost is a +71 that means the team is a +59 when he's not on the ice.
If Ratcliffe is a -27 that means his team is a -14 when he's not on the ice.

From the numbers you compiled, it appears that although Frost plays for a great team, they are even better when he's on the ice (for obvious reason) but the same cannot be said for Ratcliff.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If Ratcliffe is a -27 that means his team is a -22 when he's not on the ice.

From the numbers you compiled, it appears that although Frost plays for a great team, they are even better when he's on the ice (for obvious reason) but the same cannot be said for Ratcliff.

Corrected

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
If Ratcliffe is a -27 that means his team is a -14 when he's not on the ice.

The point I’m making is that it’s pointless to draw conclusions from it because just naturally the quality of the team & ice time you receive is going to have a great impact on your +/-. I’m not taking away from Frost as he’s a great prospect regardless just that there’s better evidence to prove your point than +/-.

For whatever reason Frost hasn’t really scored as much on the PP this year as top junior players typically do. That’s Frost’s point breakdowns 81EVP-21PPP-8SHP. Ratcliffe’s is 39EVP-24PPP-2SHP. Ratcliffe’s PPP% is .37% while Frost’s is .19%.

Another point to be made is that Frost or any top junior player on a powerhouse team isn’t playing much defense on a nightly basis. They’re going to have the puck likely 70-80% of the time they’re out there.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Ratcliffe is probably going to be a key PP guy down the road, so it's good to see him score there.
I'm not sure Frost will even play on the PP1, while he could, as long as Giroux and Ghost are here, what role would he fill?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
OHL Coaches Poll (Western Conference) - Morgan Frost voted smartest player and best playmaker. Also tied for best stickhandler.
- Isaac Ratcliffe voted best shootout shooter.
- Anthony Salinitri voted third best penalty killer.
- Connor Bunnaman voted third best on faceoffs.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Ratcliffe is probably going to be a key PP guy down the road, so it's good to see him score there.
I'm not sure Frost will even play on the PP1, while he could, as long as Giroux and Ghost are here, what role would he fill?

Frost can kick that piece of shit Voracek* off PP1. Finally, a bonafide sniper and not a p***y playmaker! Unfortunately, it will likely be replacing him when his career is winding down. Eventually, far from now, PP1 will need an overhaul -- Giroux too -- while these players are in their primes. So, yes Frost will likely QB PP2 for a handful of years, but Frost obviously will inherit a PP1 role if he's the player we think he is.

Ratcliffe, same thing. PP2 net front, if they're okay with a lefty (and they should be, he's got great instincts as a net-front presence). Strome and Allison are options too, though Allison doesn't really play traditional net-front on WMU. But Nolan Patrick should have already cemented his PP1 net-front/behind net role for years by the time Isaac and most of the others even become Flyers.

*uh oh, Voracek scored at the same rate as Frost in his D+1 year

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
OHL Coaches Poll (Western Conference) - Morgan Frost voted smartest player and best playmaker. Also tied for best stickhandler.
\
now it makes sense.

Reactions: Tripod

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Did point breakdowns for the rest of the CHL guys.

- Frost - 81ESP/21PPP/8SHP/110TP .74ESP%/.19PPP%/.07SHP%
- Twarynski - 43ESP/23PPP/4SHP/70TP .61ESP%/.33PPP%/.06SHP%
- Strome - 43ESP/24PPP/1SHP/68TP .63ESP%/.35PPP%/.01SHP%
- Ratcliffe - 39ESP/24PPP/2SHP/65TP .60ESP%/.37PPP%/.03SHP%
- Sushko - 39ESP/10PPP/7SHP/56TP .70ESP%/.18PPP%/.13SHP%
- Bunnaman - 33ESP/16PPP/1SHP/50TP .66ESP%/.32PPP%/.02SHP%
- Laberge - 33ESP/14PPP/0SHP/47TP .70ESP%/.30PPP%/0SHP%
- Rubtsov - 26ESP/16PPP/1SHP/43TP
.60ESP%/.37PPP%/.02SHP%

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

3rd? Behind who, Jesus and Obi-Wan Kenobi? 3rd :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: As if :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Get your heads out of your asses, OHL, you giant fart vacuum.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
He has not played a single AHL game and you saying he will be a key player on PP but Frost will not play on PP?
ha ha

Reactions: sa cyred

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Heck, right now I'd suspect that Twarynski is ahead of Sushko in internal prospect rankings, Twarynski was always slotted for a 4th line role, this year he showed he might be able to contribute offensively as well, while Sushko has to improve his defensive awareness to play regular minutes in the AHL, much less the NHL (see NAK's first season). They'll send him back to juniors and tell him to work on his two way game.

I use the 100 point threshold a bit facetiously, but there is some truth to it, if you don't dominate juniors, then you're going to have to work you way into an offensive role because if you can't dominate 16-19 year olds, it's unlikely you're going to score at the NHL level without a lot of seasoning. And if you're not ready to contribute a lot offensively, you'd better be solid defensively.

Look at Giroux, Couts, Patrick at 17, Frost this year, etc. The guys who are NHL ready at a young age jump out at you.
The other guys may still develop down the road (there are a lot of solid NHL starters who spent a year or two in the AHL), but they're far less likely to make an immediate impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad