Proposal: Pettersson proposals

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Tkachuk is a warrior experience has proven he'll put everything on the line to try to win. He's also a game changer with both his offense and his physical play. Plus he's signed long term to a very team friendly deal. Yes , Pettersson is a C but he doesn't bring the same attributes to the ice as Tkachuk. Plus he's not signed beyond this season, could potentially be a UFA after next season, and when hw does sign it'll likely be for substantially more than the $9.5m Tkachuk makes.

Ok in that sense, I agree, I think I was under the assumption that is we traded EP it would be under the assumption that he would sign with the new team, salary fine, but position wise, EP is more valuable, and given 200 foot play, EP wins that too, physical play sure. EP has 18 points in 17 playoff games, he puts up when it matters just as much.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
May want to play on a small market team, like maybe Anaheim with Leo Carlsson.

Or maybe he just wants to wait till the off season and has full intentions of staying , hell he may even agree to a good deal.
No thanks. The Ducks are happy with their potential franchise C and his several years of team control.

Reactions: Play

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
If Buffalo was trading for EP signed, they would need to send back Thompson/Cozens/Mittlestadt+ Peterka/Quinn in such a deal to make it somewhat cap neutral in the short term With both Peterka/Quinn ending ELC in 2025 and looking at $3MM+. Bridge/ long contract.

salary out and in would be close to equal.

the idea of getting a bunch of & 1st/ELC/ prospects is not happening.
Cozens and Quinn for Pete is a offer I don’t think any team would beat

I'd say just about every GM in the league would take Matthew Tkachuk over Pettersson
You’re very wrong

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Cozens and Quinn for Pete is a offer I don’t think any team would beat

You’re very wrong
I’m not saying ann offer you are implying. It would be + on both sides in a 9+ players/ picks trades

Tkachuk vs EP depends on team needs. Devils have 2 center so they would value Tk more.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
Pettersson is not for sale anymore.
Well since you typed in big bold font i guess that settles it.

Realistically, the Canucks brass has to have contingency plans for this — they seem to have proven to date they are too smart not to have. EP40 gets loads of points, but eye test (subjective) seems like he doesnt drive play as much as he has done at times in the past. Columbus makes some sense, Johnson and Jiricek would fit. I hope EP stays, to be clear, but would like to see him put on some weight and and be more beastly if he’s getting his 12M+ .. i know, nitpicking

Reactions: Adam da bomb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad