Proposal: Pettersson proposals

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
This thread is premised on the basis that Pettersson does not wish to sign long-term with the Canucks and is traded this off-season as an RFA and signs an 8 year, ~$12.5 million contract with the receiving team.

Some ideas:

Ottawa gives up Chychrun and Tkachuk for Pettersson. Alternatively, Chychrun, Norris, and Pinto. I assume Stutzle is off limits.

Anaheim - one of Carlsson or McTavish and Zellweger.

Columbus - Fantilli + Ceulemans. Alternatively, Johnson + Jiricek.

Buffalo - Cozens + Power + Ostlund (note: I likely do not value Cozens and Power as much as the typical HF poster).

Dallas - Stankoven + Bourque + Bichsel + cap dump

Detroit - Edvinsson, Rasmussen, Danielson

Minnesota - Rossi, Ohgren, + ?

Montreal (I don’t think makes sense for either team but) - Reinbacher + Suzuki or Reinbacher + Hutson + ?

New Jersey - Hischier + Nemec

St. Louis - Dvorsky + Lindstein + ?

I have no idea if any of these are fair. Keep in mind that the Canucks would be going for quality over quantity if they deal Pettersson, and would want to be getting players to compete now or in the next year or so. Apologies in advance for offending many fanbases.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
These multi-proposal for one player threads are always interesting. You can use the transitive property. If Dvorsky+Lindstein+ is worth Pettersson and Pettersson is worth Hischier+Nemec, Dvorsky+Lindstein+ is therefore worth Hischier+Nemec. Even a homer Blues fan would give you a huh? on that one.
no shit the NJ one is really bad

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
These multi-proposal for one player threads are always interesting. You can use the transitive property. If Dvorsky+Lindstein+ is worth Pettersson and Pettersson is worth Hischier+Nemec, Dvorsky+Lindstein+ is therefore worth Hischier+Nemec. Even a homer Blues fan would give you a huh? on that one.
Yeah I realize that. I understand the lack of consistency, I was hoping they could be a decent starting point to see what Pettersson could return.

Kakko + Perreault + 1st
This makes sense if the goal is to accept the worst offer.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Outside of the proposals all having wildly different values I am guessing you can rule out Buffalo, New Jersey, Minnesota, Columbus, Montreal, and St Louis.

Pettersson + Hughes

Bedard + 2024 1st + 2025 1st
No protection on the picks.
Chicago says no. Why'd they ruin their rebuild lol

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
Outside of the proposals all having wildly different values I am guessing you can rule out Buffalo, New Jersey, Minnesota, Columbus, Montreal, and St Louis.

Chicago says no. Why'd they ruin their rebuild lol
So Chicago says no to 200 points incoming and the players are 24 and 25 just entering their primes. You can’t fix stupid.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
lol why not? Pettersson is a much better player and I like both Tkachuks.
Only reason not to move Tkachuk for him would be if Pettersson doesn't come with an extension. Ottawa isn't winning this year, and you don't move 4 years of Tkachuk for 1 of Pettersson.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Yeah I realize that. I understand the lack of consistency, I was hoping they could be a decent starting point to see what Pettersson could return.

This makes sense if the goal is to accept the worst offer.

M. Tkachuk is the comp. The contractual status matches. The difference in player quality isn't too crazy. Vancouver should likewise want win now vets to make something of the rest of Miller's prime and Hughes' 2nd contract. Realistically, Pettersson would have a limited number of acceptable destinations; he's unlikely to want to play in Anaheim for (short-term) competitive reasons, for example.

I'll try to play matchmaker, as a neutral observer. Lou's not going to quit on his core. Players want to be in New York city. Nelson (quality Top 6 C a year away from UFA) + Romanov (young Top 4 D with some control) + 1st (middle of the round). No A grade asset, but 3 quality pieces. Vancouver comes away deeper organizationally, albeit with a lower ceiling.

Reactions: StewPete

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
This thread is premised on the basis that Pettersson does not wish to sign long-term with the Canucks and is traded this off-season as an RFA and signs an 8 year, ~$12.5 million contract with the receiving team.

Some ideas:

Ottawa gives up Chychrun and Tkachuk for Pettersson. Alternatively, Chychrun, Norris, and Pinto. I assume Stutzle is off limits.

Anaheim - one of Carlsson or McTavish and Zellweger.

Columbus - Fantilli + Ceulemans. Alternatively, Johnson + Jiricek.

Buffalo - Cozens + Power + Ostlund (note: I likely do not value Cozens and Power as much as the typical HF poster).

Dallas - Stankoven + Bourque + Bichsel + cap dump

Detroit - Edvinsson, Rasmussen, Danielson

Minnesota - Rossi, Ohgren, + ?

Montreal (I don’t think makes sense for either team but) - Reinbacher + Suzuki or Reinbacher + Hutson + ?

New Jersey - Hischier + Nemec

St. Louis - Dvorsky + Lindstein + ?

I have no idea if any of these are fair. Keep in mind that the Canucks would be going for quality over quantity if they deal Pettersson, and would want to be getting players to compete now or in the next year or so. Apologies in advance for offending many fanbases.
Minnesota not interested in a player they cant resign due to their cap situation. So Rossi isn't getting traded, and no from wild

Reactions: Frankie Blueberries

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad