Petterssen vs Hishier

Who would you take going forward

• Total voters

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Pettersson isn't that great at Faceoffs either.

Hughes has more points then Pettersson FYI.

Look at the canucks fans posts since it was bumped by a Canucks fan.

Bumped due to Pettersson showing why he’s the better player 🤷🏻‍♂️. It is somewhat laughable it was even a poll in the first place, but that’s HF recency bias for ya

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Bumped due to Pettersson showing why he’s the better player 🤷🏻‍♂️. It is somewhat laughable it was even a poll in the first place, but that’s HF recency bias for ya
Hmmmm... what does this sound like.

of·fend·ed
/əˈfendəd/
adjective

1. resentful or annoyed, typically as a result of a perceived insult.
    "she sounded slightly offended"

thanks-for-playing-red-bull.gif

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Hmmmm... what does this sound like.

of·fend·ed
/əˈfendəd/
adjective

1. resentful or annoyed, typically as a result of a perceived insult.
    "she sounded slightly offended"

thanks-for-playing-red-bull.gif
Nope still not insulting, EP had a bad stretch. Competition is healthy,

• Wow
Reactions: Xirik

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
I was speaking to this year not any other year. As this is a who do you take going forward poll not a who do you take in the past poll. I honestly can’t understand why it’s so hard for Canuck fans to understand that people have different opinions than they do and not all teams need the same thing
Im not saying you or anyone else cant rather have Hischier. You're choosing to infer that.

Im pointing out how you're grasping at straws to discredit the offensive gap between the 2 players.

Why is it so hard for Devil fans to understand that just because you prefer Hischier, doesn't mean other players cant be a lot better than him offensively.

I can understand why Devils fans prefer Hischier. He is a bit better than EP defensively and for some, they think the difference there is worth the significant downgrade on offense. I think the opposite no matter what team it is. Its okay that we can have these 2 differing opinions. Doesn't mean I have to try to grasp at any straw i can reach to discredit how Hischier is better than EP defensively

Last edited:

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Yea you’re changing your argument to things I didn’t say, to stay angry.

Do you actually believe that everything I said about EP applies to all too centres? You can’t actually believe that.
The question is which guy would I rather have in my team, I’d rather have Hischier because they have Hughes.

It’s not my fault you can’t understand that different team may value players differently. I’ve watched my team develop a winning team, and they don’t do it by always picking the best player, they do it by getting players that complement each other.
I know it’s hard for Vancouver fans to understand how you build a winning team, but that’s a you problem
All top centers face would face shutdown opposition just like EP. What exactly did I say steer you think I wasn’t being serious in my question back to you. I’m only using your logic.

I’m any case I know I can’t convince you. Good luck to you.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Im not saying you or anyone else cant rather have Hischier. You're choosing to infer that.

Im pointing out how you're grasping at straws to discredit the offensive gap between the 2 players.

Why is it so hard for Devil fans to understand that just because you prefer Hischier, doesn't mean other players cant be a lot better than him offensively.

I can understand why Devils fans prefer Hischier. He is a bit better than EP defensively and for some, they think the difference there is worth the significant downgrade on offense. I think the opposite no matter what team it is. It’s okay that we can have these 2 differing opinions. Doesn't mean I have to try to grasp at any straw i can reach to discredit how Hischier is better than EP defensively
If I’m the Devils I keep Hischier, if I’m building a team from scratch I probably take EP, I’m not trying to discredit EP in any way, I’ve stated he’s the better offensive player but that’d I’d prefer to keep the more sound defensive player in Hischier for the Devils.
I have zero problem with anyone take EP here, the only people with problems are the Canuck fans that can’t or won’t understand what I’m saying

HugeInTheShire

Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
All top centers face would face shutdown opposition just like EP. What exactly did I say steer you think I wasn’t being serious in my question back to you. I’m only using your logic.

I’m any case I know I can’t convince you. Good luck to you.
I’m unsure what you’re trying to convince me of? People here keep acting as if I’ve said that Hischier is the best player here, that’s not what I’m saying at all. Hischier is the best player for my team.
I think that having Hughes helps Hischier and vice versa in a way that few teams can understand, as most don’t have 2 centres of that caliber.

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
I’m unsure what you’re trying to convince me of? People here keep acting as if I’ve said that Hischier is the best player here, that’s not what I’m saying at all. Hischier is the best player for my team.
I think that having Hughes helps Hischier and vice versa in a way that few teams can understand, as most don’t have 2 centres of that caliber.
Post 335 sums up what I’m saying. Again the premise is who do you take if contracts aren’t in play. If the option is Hughes and NH or Hughes and EP, I know I’m taking Hughes and EP because I get two better players who will make my team even better.

Last edited:

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Hughes > Pettersson >> Hischier

The first two are part of the young franchise level forwards of the league

Hischier is a great support piece but not a 1C on a cup winning team. Devils have a current and future superstar in Hughes which let's Hischier drop to key supporting role that maximizes his abilities

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
If I’m the Devils I keep Hischier, if I’m building a team from scratch I probably take EP, I’m not trying to discredit EP in any way, I’ve stated he’s the better offensive player but that’d I’d prefer to keep the more sound defensive player in Hischier for the Devils.
I have zero problem with anyone take EP here, the only people with problems are the Canuck fans that can’t or won’t understand what I’m saying
I can appreciate this but you are walking back your previous posts with this.

You 100% were trying to marginalize the offensive difference. Why else would you say one of the 2 main reasons for the difference in their offensive outputs is because EP plays against backups?

Obviously thats been proven to have a marginal if any affect over a large sample size given both these players careers and how the gap has always been there even when NH likely faced more backups than EP did.

You're entitled to prefer the better defensive player. I will gladly admit and wont try to discredit that NH today is a better defensive player than EP. I will say though the gap between them defensively is much smaller compared to the gap offensively. Even if you have McDavid, you still take another McDavid over taking Bergeron. Always take BPA. You fill your team with the best players you can get, not get the best player that fills the need. You can always trade the best player you can get for the best player that fills the need + more. You're opinion is of the opposite matter and we can agree to disagree on that

• Haha

HugeInTheShire

Mar 8, 2021
Alberta

You 100% were trying to marginalize the offensive difference. Why else would you say one of the 2 main reasons for the difference in their offensive outputs is because EP plays against backups?

Obviously thats been proven to have a marginal if any affect over a large sample size given both these players careers and how the gap has always been there even when NH likely faced more backups than EP did.

You're entitled to prefer the better defensive player. I will gladly admit and wont try to discredit that NH today is a better defensive player than EP. I will say though the gap between them defensively is much smaller compared to the gap offensively. Even if you have McDavid, you still take another McDavid over taking Bergeron. Always take BPA. You fill your team with the best players you can get, not get the best player that fills the need. You can always trade the best player you can get for the best player that fills the need + more. You're opinion is of the opposite matter and we can agree to disagree on that
I can see why you’d think I’m walking it back but that’s not the case, I was asked specifically what Nico is doing that EP isn’t and I explained it. It’s about context, you’re taking that comment without considering why I was saying it

HugeInTheShire

Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Post 335 sums up what I’m saying. Again the premise is who do you take if contracts aren’t in play. If the option is Hughes and NH or Hughes and EP, I know I’m taking Hughes and EP because I get two better players who will make my team even better.
Sure, that’s your opinion but look at teams that are successful. You’ve got teams like Edmonton with quite possibly the 2 best forwards in the league but they have zero cups. Teams are more successful with players playing different roles at a high level. When you’re building a team you need to have different roles not just skill on top of skill.

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Sure, that’s your opinion but look at teams that are successful. You’ve got teams like Edmonton with quite possibly the 2 best forwards in the league but they have zero cups. Teams are more successful with players playing different roles at a high level. When you’re building a team you need to have different roles not just skill on top of skill.
Except my point is what Hischier can do, EP can as well but at a higher skill level. Meaning you aren’t losing much defensively going to EP, and in fact might be gaining enough two way strength to push you over the top. Yes it’s my opinion but there are also numbers to suggest I may be more likely to be right, and also why I conceded I’m not going to convince you because you fundamentally seem to think you lose too much of “something” going from NH to EP with Hughes there.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta

How is that work out for the rangers? Also how Juolevi doing?

How did Pettersson get 3 points against the Islanders but still end up with a +- of 0?

All this whining yet still Canucks fans won't put up and make a new poll even though they think Pettersson would win a higher % this time.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Canuck Luck

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007

How did Pettersson get 3 points against the Islanders but still end up with a +- of 0?

All this whining yet still Canucks fans won't put up and make a new poll even though they think Pettersson would win a higher % this time.
Rangers? Juolevi?

You’re using +/- from one game?

Do you know what a straw man is?

Also, if you’re infatuated with new polls, why not put one up yourself? Scared NH will lose even bigger?

Reactions: LemonSauceD

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Rangers? Juolevi?

You’re using +/- from one game?

Do you know what a straw man is?

Also, if you’re infatuated with new polls, why not put one up yourself? Scared NH will lose even bigger?
So one game is unfair but a month or two is fair game to bump this thread and knock Hischier down. You could have waited till the seasons over to crow but you didn't.

Nice set of rules you go there.

It wasn't Devils fans clamouring on about how Pettersson would get better results in a new poll. Guess you accept the current polls results, Pretty odd of you to have bumped the thread then.

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
So one game is unfair but a month or two is fair game to bump this thread and knock Hischier down. You could have waited till the seasons over to crow but you didn't.

Nice set of rules you go there.

It wasn't Devils fans clamouring on about how Pettersson would get better results in a new poll. Guess you accept the current polls results, Pretty odd of you to have bumped the thread then.
What set of rules? You need to slow down and think before you vomit out this jumble. You responded to a post using one game as some kind of an argument that demonstrates something? How is that the equivalent of a sample of games? I’m sure you understand more games mean more sample size which means more reliable data. I’m not only looking at games since the poll (if we went that route NH would fair worse), this is the whole season so far. Looking back again at the end of the season is also not off the table.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver

Lmao juolevi is the opposite of picking bpa. Pretty sure Benning even admitted to drafting based off need not bpa so good job proving my point! Or are you saying you also thought juolevi was bpa over tkachuk at the time of the draft?

For the whole rangers thing, what does a draft where no one is proven compare to proven nhl talents?!?

I’ll trade you a 7th rounder for your first round pick. You can draft based off needs anyways. Bpa doesn’t matter so who knows maybe you find a zetterberg based off your logic

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Lmao juolevi is the opposite of picking bpa. Pretty sure Benning even admitted to drafting based off need not bpa so good job proving my point! Or are you saying you also thought juolevi was bpa over tkachuk at the time of the draft?

For the whole rangers thing, what does a draft where no one is proven compare to proven nhl talents?!?

I’ll trade you a 7th rounder for your first round pick. You can draft based off needs anyways. Bpa doesn’t matter so who knows maybe you find a zetterberg based off your logic
So Juolevi was proven?

pick a side of an argument please. What you said about Juolevi then about the Rangers are the opposite ends of whatever argument you are trying to provide.

The Rangers picked BPA with Kakko and Laff even though they really needed Centers at the time.

Clearly "BPA" isn't the be all end all you think it is. There are nuances to it.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
There’s a dramatic scoring difference that has materialized. Pretty easy to see that they’re not close. One is a top 5 center right now, and the other is not even close to that.
i would love to see you're top 5 and i already know i disagree.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
This season it’s been McDavid Hughes Draisaitl and Thompson along with EP.
mackinnon is behind petttersson because of injury or other reasons?
or you just consult the counting stats, look at the snapshot and list them based on the points they scored?

congrats on the indepth analysis.

Read the thread, post 344, and before you get too far into it, “this season” is the scope.
i did.

:skeptic:

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
mackinnon is behind petttersson because of injury or other reasons?
or you just consult the counting stats, look at the snapshot and list them based on the points they scored?

congrats on the indepth analysis.

i did.

:skeptic:
Mackinnon hasn’t played better than EP this season and injuries probably has a role. Same with other notable omissions like Matthews. That doesn’t mean EP is a better player, he’s having the better season— not sure how you aren’t seeing that.

Why on earth do I have to give in depth analysis? Counting stats? You the forum police? I responded to the post asking for my five this season and there’s good evidence those are the top five centers this season. Why don’t you go have a look yourself. Reading comprehension also helps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad