Petterssen vs Hishier

Who would you take going forward

• Total voters

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
I figured with both doing so well this year so far an updated EP vs NH couldn’t hurt Also I saw Hischier win the Suzuki poll convincingly so I’d try this one.

Who would you take on your team moving forward? (not Factoring in contracts)

Reactions: Xirik

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Before this season Hischier was a 20 goal 55 point player in his career. Pettersson was a 30 goal 70 point player. This season both Hischier and Pettersson stepped their games up offensively and I would say defensively too. So far this year:

Hischier: 21gp 10g 14a 24pts
Pettersson: 22gp 11g 16a 27pts

For me, and yes I am a Canucks fan, the answer is clearly Pettersson. Hischier has been maybe as good as Pettersson this season. Maybe. They’ve both been great at both ends of the ice.

What tips the scale for me is that Pettersson has been a 1C for about 5 years now. Hischier for about 20 games. He’s going to need to keep this going for a bit longer. Hischier is also shooting the highest shooting percentage of his career this season and Petterrsson is shooting the lowest of his. And he’s still leading the league in ES goals. There is also a massive, Grand Canyon level chasm of a difference between the Devils and the talent they have around Hischier and the Canucks and the talent they have around Pettersson. The Devils drive play like no other team in the NHL right now and the Canucks get caved every night. Yes I know Hischier is part of driving that play. The difference is on the Canucks it’s just Pettersson. And he still brings it, every game, night in night out, at both ends of the ice. Hischier can have other teammates that lessen the load and help him drive play. This is a luxury that unfortunately Pettersson does not have.

Ruthervin

Jul 30, 2022
Seattle
I figured with both doing so well this year so far an updated EP vs NH couldn’t hurt Also I saw Hischier win the Suzuki poll convincingly so I’d try this one.

Who would you take on your team moving forward? (not Factoring in contracts)
LOL is this even a real thread? Hischier, on his best day, is not even close to Pettersson on his worst.

Pettersson is trending to be a serious Selke nominee this year. Hischier would be a 4th line center on the Canucks.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Trying to be as objective as possible, I like Hischier's all around game more but am quite comfortable saying that EP is the more talented offensive player, especially on the PP.

To be honest, I think Pettersson might be better defensively 5v5 than he is offensively on the PP

Reactions: bh53

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I'm not so sure about that. He's good defensively but I find him better offensively.

I mean that both as a bit of a compliment defensively and a criticism on the PP. He hasn’t been put in a matchup role yet, but his positioning and anticipation is top notch defensively and he’s terrific at breaking it out when he gets the puck. Meanwhile, the team has gone away from his shot on the PP as, while he can beat goalies clean when he gets it in his wheelhouse, he struggles to get it off consistently and isn’t someone who can get a great shot off from a poor pass. His passing and vision are still strong points, but I don’t think he’s quite as good there as he gets credit for. While I’d still say he’s better than Hischier at it, I think the main value of both players comes from outplaying their matchups and scoring at a high rate 5v5, however you want to rate both there.

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Lets see those advanced stats?

I've heard bunch of the media say that Hischier is the front runner for Selke right now. So I thought this was close, but apparantly he's now a 4th line center..

Canucks fans sure love their players, no matter where their team is on the standings. And most importantly they love to trash players from other teams while doing so.

Last edited:

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Nico Hischier >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Elias PETTERSEN
Against Elias PETTERSSON though? It's close. I think I'd take Pettersson on the Flames since he's more dynamic and would help the anemic offense. But Hischier's more complete game suits the Sens more.

Reactions: Phil McKraken

Ruthervin

Jul 30, 2022
Seattle
LOL is this even a real thread? Hischier, on his best day, is not even close to Pettersson on his worst.

Pettersson is trending to be a serious Selke nominee this year. Hischier would be a 4th line center on the Canucks.
Like this whole thread is completely baffling. Pettersson is a bonafide top 10 player in the league.....maybe even top 7. Hischier, with respect, is what? Top 35? Top 40?

Ruthervin

Jul 30, 2022
Seattle
There's no need to act like an ass.
I'm just sick and tired of these dudes from the East continuously showing disrespect to Western Conference players. They pulled the same shit with Adam Fox and Quinn Hughes last year as well. Acting like Adam Fox was on a completely different level than Hughes because they were more familiar with Fox. It's amazing as to how much disrespect that Eastern Media gives Western players. Toronto Sports Media, Canada's very own, does the exact same shit.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'm just sick and tired of these dudes from the East continuously showing disrespect to Western Conference players. They pulled the same shit with Adam Fox and Quinn Hughes last year as well. Acting like Adam Fox was on a completely different level than Hughes because they were more familiar with Fox. It's amazing as to how much disrespect that Eastern Media gives Western players. Toronto Sports Media, Canada's very own, does the exact same shit.

Weird. I feel like Canucks get discussed 10x as much. Devils are one of the most invisible teams. The Rangers are a different story with their own echo chamber.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Hischier has taken another step this year clearly, but I think Pettersson has too.

I'd take EP but no reason to throw shade like some others. Hischier is a stronger defensive player but Pettersson is no slouch either & more of a gamebreaker.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad