OT: Pets

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Sorry man, that sucks

Maybe my 9 and 10 year old pups are immortal?

Dreading the day in the not too distant future when we'll have to go through something like this

Enjoy every day with her
Ya it's very, very hard. Keep going back and forth between anger and sadness. Glad to hear yours are doing well though.:thumbu:

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
35ECB444-0B48-470B-88E5-CC8226E1E621.jpeg
She’s already right at home !

Jetland162702

Pup-peroni Junkie
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
My 8 year old German Sheppard Chance , who was in great health and shape, started drinking a ton of water so i took her to the vet. She has a mass on her liver, don't know how long she is going to go but man this sucks, they become such a big part of the family, just f***ing shity .😢
Sorry to hear that Jet31. Hopefully her remaining days are such that you can enjoy your time with her.
Our little girl is now 14 years and she has slowed down a lot and we are bracing for the inevitable and you are right, just the thought of it really sucks.
Our thoughts to you and your family at this difficult time.🐶

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Some of my favourite people are dogs.

View attachment 611717
I like dogs way better than people.. :laugh: Just kidding but you just can't beat dogs, having a shity day, they always greet you at the door wagging there tails and giving you kisses , always. Even mine is still doing this even though i know she's feeling like crap.

chaos4

Mr.Scratch
Jun 1, 2013
winnipeg
My 8 year old German Sheppard Chance , who was in great health and shape, started drinking a ton of water so i took her to the vet. She has a mass on her liver, don't know how long she is going to go but man this sucks, they become such a big part of the family, just f***ing shity .😢
I'm sorry to hear that Jets 31.
I can sympathize, I know that shitty feeling.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
So sorry for your troubles. It sucks - we lost a couple of pets last year. Its still kicking my ass a little.

Last edited:

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I’m so sorry to hear this.
Enjoy whatever time you do get with her!

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba

8 years old...

Brings back memories of our Roxanne...

She was such a sweet, gentle dog... an absolutely beautiful girl... a Doberman...

At 8 years old the same thing happened to her...

It brings tears to my eyes just thinking of her...

Soul crushing... I know how you feel...

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
8 years old...

Brings back memories of our Roxanne...

She was such a sweet, gentle dog... an absolutely beautiful girl... a Doberman...

At 8 years old the same thing happened to her...

It brings tears to my eyes just thinking of her...

Soul crushing... I know how you feel...
That's really shity to hear. If you don't mind me asking how long did she fight it?

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
That's really shity to hear. If you don't mind me asking how long did she fight it?

Not long once diagnosed...

We took her to our local Veterinarian in Stonewall and witnessed her being euthanized...

She was in pain, horrible pain...

No real way to candy coat it...

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Not long once diagnosed...

We took her to our local Veterinarian in Stonewall and witnessed her being euthanized...

She was in pain, horrible pain...

No real way to candy coat it...
Ya that's what I'm watching for too, so far she seems ok but she is a different dog already.:( Going to spoil her as must as i can now.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
We had to put my old cat down about two weeks ago. He was a foundling as a kitten way back from when my wife and I first started dating - she found him while working outside, took him to a vet and gave him to me. That little furball then stayed with us as we got married, moved to Yukon and back, and had three kids. All the while being the cuddliest cat I've ever known.

I still miss that old, orange tabby. 18 years just caught up to him, he stopped eating, lost so much weight, and by the end couldn't hardly walk and we had to put him to sleep.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
We had to put my old cat down about two weeks ago. He was a foundling as a kitten way back from when my wife and I first started dating - she found him while working outside, took him to a vet and gave him to me. That little furball then stayed with us as we got married, moved to Yukon and back, and had three kids. All the while being the cuddliest cat I've ever known.

I still miss that old, orange tabby. 18 years just caught up to him, he stopped eating, lost so much weight, and by the end couldn't hardly walk and we had to put him to sleep.
That's shity but man 18 years is great.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian

Yeah we lost our Black Tabby last year - the kids found him in a corn maze when they were basically toddlers (now in their early 20's ) - we had him 19 years - same kind of thing, just caught an upper respiratory infection and passed within a week or so. Super chill cat - more like a dog, he would come running when called. He'd sleep on my chest while I watched the Jets and made room for my computer as I put down the odd poem for our team. :)

The other weird thing he did is that when I played my guitar he would hang off the back of my chair (mountain lion fashion) but only when I was generating a tune. The minute I stopped he was out of there. :laugh:

Last edited:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I LOVE cats - I've never owned a pet (outside of a gecko) in my adult life but always think about picking one up. A few things always stop me: I travel alot and even though I have a roommate I worry that if my living situation changes that becomes a lot more difficult to manage. I also worry about a cat destroying my pool enclosure screens and leather furniture, and I simply will not do something as awful as declawing a cat. Finally and most importantly, I simply cannot stand the thought of losing a pet.

I do find myself thinking about it more and more, I would get a Russian Blue, a beautiful cat that is generally very well mannered.

Reactions: ps241 and macmaroon

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Painful time for our family. My wife's dad had to have his lovely Jack Russel / Chihuahua cross ("Casey") put down a couple of weeks ago. This little guy was one of the best dogs ever - loving, happy, sweet dispositioned. The whole package! Unfortunately he was cursed with a body that didn't match his soul. He had health issues from very early on. Liver damage at one year old. Cataracts at six which necessitated having his eyes removed one at at time at age six. Tumours throughout at age nine and a half. But no matter how sick, lame, or blind he was he was always ready to greet us with a happy bark and wagging tail. A truly extraordinary fellow.

We had to tell our kids what was going to happen and we went to say our goodbyes on the day before; we all felt like he was one of our own. He's not even our dog, just grandpa's dog, but it's still so very depressing. One of the family.

My daughter wanted to be a vet when she grows up. Not so much anymore when she finally understood one of the duties of a veterinarian is to do... that.

God Bless You Casey. See you on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge.

m.

1710261521196.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad