OT: Pets

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Due to my children pressuring me PS is getting the first dog in his life. She will be coming home in about a month.

My mom refused to have pets.......then I moved out and moved way too often and worked way too much for Pets.

After I got married my wife had zero interest in Pets and has allergies. However the kids won out and now we are getting a hypoallergenic dog.

The irony is I have always loved dogs and can’t wait to get going.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Due to my children pressuring me PS is getting the first dog in his life. She will be coming home in about a month.

My mom refused to have pets.......then I moved out and moved way too often and worked way too much for Pets.

After I got married my wife had zero interest in Pets and has allergies. However the kids won out and now we are getting a hypoallergenic dog.

PS'...

My youngest son at home took Me to task one day as I arrived home... he's in his mid-20's completing his University degree living at home...

He noted I always greeted the dogs with such exuberance... with a little derision...

I replied with out thinking and matter of factly .... "they love Me unconditionally"...

My dogs if they could speak... would never ask Me that question...

Very happy for you PS'...

Reactions: ps241

chaos4

Mr.Scratch
Jun 1, 2013
winnipeg
I'm a grandma again!
This is my daughter's pup, she brings him home in late June.
Screenshot_20210604-173931~2.png

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Mrs Eye said said never again.
I think she means it
Thanks everyone

It's always very difficult loosing a pet - our family has gone through it several times.

The joy you and your pet bring each other is where I try to focus - as hard as that may be when it comes to an end.
We've struggled the same way - but in the end, we know we gave our pets a great home and a wonderful life - that's all you can do.

My wife an I picked up our 3rd yellow lab 4 wks ago - this equates to 35 yrs as Lab owners - no regrets, only happy memories. We try our best to understand the great times and the sad time - it's life and we now move into a new chapter.

Just sharing experience, not necessarily trying to inspire.
And I am very sorry to hear of your loss - you and yours sound like great pet owners.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015

They are soooooo awesome
Congratulations

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
270AFAC9-40F3-4D7E-90B3-BC762DB80066.jpeg
It's always very difficult loosing a pet - our family has gone through it several times.

The joy you and your pet bring each other is where I try to focus - as hard as that may be when it comes to an end.
We've struggled the same way - but in the end, we know we gave our pets a great home and a wonderful life - that's all you can do.

My wife an I picked up our 3rd yellow lab 4 wks ago - this equates to 35 yrs as Lab owners - no regrets, only happy memories. We try our best to understand the great times and the sad time - it's life and we now move into a new chapter.

Just sharing experience, not necessarily trying to inspire.
And I am very sorry to hear of your loss - you and yours sound like great pet owners.

We’ve had dogs are whole marriage as we were unable to have kids.
I’m still not wanting another one yet it’s my wife who is waffling.
I think in time we will but I can’t get there yet.
Besides we still have Jake :thumbu:

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Big if....
Next one I’ll name Rukus yeah I may have been thinking about it a little.
I’m out at Mars Sands golfing by myself.
Hopefully next weekend it changes.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I'm guessing those are gambling references, three of the thirteen ranks in a deck (Jax <> Jacks)
Maybe it's a regional thing?
When we were younger and playing poker for shots, the dealer got to pick the game rules...
Aces, deucs, one-eyed-jacks, shady lady, man with the axe was what was wild in one of the choices.
So, the twos, threes, jack of hearts and spades, queen of clubs and spades and king of diamonds were all wild.
Lotsa betting

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Maybe it's a regional thing?
When we were younger and playing poker for shots, the dealer got to pick the game rules...
Aces, deucs, one-eyed-jacks, shady lady, man with the axe was what was wild in one of the choices.
So, the twos, threes, jack of hearts and spades, queen of clubs and spades and king of diamonds were all wild.
Lotsa betting

Oh, well, if I had known your dog only had one eye, I might have gotten it. Yeah, home poker games with wild cards tend to be pretty degenerate, but the names for the cards are pretty colorful. Ironically it should lead to less betting after a while, since you need super premium hands to open, but if you want to hang with friends and drink beer and wait until you pick up a starting hand of all wild cards, I mean, it's a fun way to go.

Our home games were more dominated by goofy rules rather than lots of wild card levels.

"The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly" is a favorite. It's a 7 stud game with three "indicator" cards dealt in the middle. They aren't in anyone's hand.

After antes and the opening deal (two down, one up), there's a standard round of betting, then a 4th card up and the first indicator card is turned. This is "The Good"; the other three cards of the same rank are wild, whether they're in your upcards or holecards.

5th street, then "The Bad" is turned; the other three cards of that rank don't exist. It's as if you just got a blank piece of paper instead. Yes, I've had a buried pair that matched "The Good" only to have them voided by "The Bad". Yes, it sucks :P

6th street, then "The Ugly". Anyone who has any of the other three cards of the rank *in their upcards* has their hand killed at once, absolutely irrespective of how much money they put in. This is absolutely hilarious, as long as it happens to somebody else. :P Rest of the hand plays out normally.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00