OT: Pets

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Heartbreaking Eye'...

My older pooch is approaching 16 years old... blind as a bat, but in good shape... I look at her and treasure everyday left with her...

Dog's are pack animals... your significant other is only acting naturally...

Being a pack animal... the owner should get a new companion to keep the other happy.... ;)
Mrs Eye said said never again.
I think she means it
Thanks everyone

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
Halle & Hannah on a not inexpensive cat perch.

Attachments

• 9C069EBA-D14C-4D2B-B917-99A5CC4B8B5F.jpeg
    9C069EBA-D14C-4D2B-B917-99A5CC4B8B5F.jpeg
    374 KB · Views: 15

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
View attachment 394006 This thread bump gave me goosebumps as I had to put my beautiful Tucker down on Saturday.
My other dog is so depressed and this morning is looking all over for his family member.
That is heartbreaking. Last March we had to euthanize our chocolate lab one month from his 15th birthday. I still miss the old fart. Our reward for truly loving our pets is a broken heart in the end.

Last edited:

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
View attachment 394006 This thread bump gave me goosebumps as I had to put my beautiful Tucker down on Saturday.
My other dog is so depressed and this morning is looking all over for his family member.

So sorry for your loss Eye, sending you good thoughts, it's not an easy thing to have to go through. My Lab Sonny was the same way after we had to say goodbye to his sister, Daisy. He was the youngest of all the animals we had, and when we first got him we had 3 other pets. So he was lost for awhile being only him. I work from home anyways so it's me and him most of the time, so being around a lot helped him move through things. Your boy will be ok, it just takes time and lots of treats, lots of walks, lots of love. It's all you can do.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
25A04A0D-DD54-4D26-86B6-C242749F30A0.jpeg
So sorry for your loss Eye, sending you good thoughts, it's not an easy thing to have to go through. My Lab Sonny was the same way after we had to say goodbye to his sister, Daisy. He was the youngest of all the animals we had, and when we first got him we had 3 other pets. So he was lost for awhile being only him. I work from home anyways so it's me and him most of the time, so being around a lot helped him move through things. Your boy will be ok, it just takes time and lots of treats, lots of walks, lots of love. It's all you can do.

I have worked at home for just over 2 years so it will definitely help.
I got a heads up from the vet about 9 months ago that it could unravel quickly which I am glad it was quick.
My big boy Jake will adapt
Cheers

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Maser cat 1.jpg

We had two cats.

This is Mazer... he was 20 this year, and we had to put him down this past November. He would respond to a whistle just like a dog - and was a very chill dude, miss him a lot. You can see our other pet lower right, out of frame. That was Booster (21 years) - she caught the same thing Maze had, and died about two weeks later.

Its still kicking my ass, a little.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
View attachment 395122

We had two cats.

This is Mazer... he was 20 this year, and we had to put him down this past November. He would respond to a whistle just like a dog - and was a very chill dude, miss him a lot. You can see our other pet lower right, out of frame. That was Booster (21 years) - she caught the same thing Maze had, and died about two weeks later.

Oof, that's tough. We had our one cat live to 22. Took us too long to replace him, our new guy is 8 now. We waited about 4 years between, my wife couldn't do it.

Sorry to all who've lost pets recently, tough to lose a member of the family.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
View attachment 395122

We had two cats.

So sorry man, that's so tough to lose not one but too so close together. All the best to you

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad