Peterborough Petes 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
I am interested to see how Othmann responds to being a healthy scratch.

He could come back and have a huge game or he could turn the room against the coaches.

I sincerely hope it’s a huge game and our team gels and we have electric chemistry

Reactions: Bra Wavers

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
I am interested to see how Othmann responds to being a healthy scratch.

He could come back and have a huge game or he could turn the room against the coaches.

I sincerely hope it’s a huge game and our team gels and we have electric chemistry
Not in lineup again

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
A 20 year old isn't a child, let alone one drafted first round in the NHL and will be playing pro hockey within this calendar year.
He’s not someone’s kid? I bet you’d have a different tune if someone who didn’t know your son started calling him cancer. Greasy old men supporting cyber bullying. Pretty cool.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
He’s not someone’s kid? I bet you’d have a different tune if someone who didn’t know your son started calling him cancer. Greasy old men supporting cyber bullying. Pretty cool.
How is citing the very public rumours that he was run out of FLNT any different than you saying Smith was horrible in this game and these goals were his fault?
Could someone tell Smirh to stop giving the puck away deep in our zone. Both goals are on him so far.
Based on your logic, you shouldn't have said this because I guarantee Smith's family wouldn't want to read this from someone they don't know. But you still said it? Pretty cool?

Reactions: FiveHoleo

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
How is citing the very public rumours that he was run out of FLNT any different than you saying Smith was horrible in this game and these goals were his fault?

Based on your logic, you shouldn't have said this because I guarantee Smith's family wouldn't want to read this from someone they don't know. But you still said it? Pretty cool?
Pouting gens fan is pissy his team got stomped so he reaches trying to compare someone saying goals are a players fault for bad giveaways to people calling a kid cancer.

Reactions: NorthernVoice

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON

C'mon that guy called Othmann a cancer to the team, totally different than what Section 7 said about Smith. But thanks for digging into the comment history of a fellow poster to prove a point. Wow. Anyway great statement game for the Petes tonight. Now they have to keep going and put in a solid road game vs Hamilton. Loved the effort tonight.

Reactions: Section7fan

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
C'mon that guy called Othmann a cancer to the team, totally different than what Section 7 said about Smith. But thanks for digging into the comment history of a fellow poster to prove a point. Wow. Anyway great statement game for the Petes tonight. Now they have to keep going and put in a solid road game vs Hamilton. Loved the effort tonight.
If that triggers you, don't look at the Flint board the entire month prior to them shipping Othmann out for nothing

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Much better game where they played as a team and had complete control from start to finish.

By far the best game from Beck in a Petes uniform. You can tell he’s been feeling the pressure with the way he rested to scoring that goal. Hopefully he keeps it up.

Loving Melee’s game lately. He’s been very consistent and works his butt off all game.

Hopefully Simpson isn’t out long. Wonder if he got hurt in practice.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
I thought Othman stepped up.

I see him Fist pumping his teammates, patting on the head, talking to all his teammates and I think all that other poor behaviour is behind him now.

Beck had an outstanding game -he flung the monkey off his back !

So happy to see Avon-Robertson-Lockhart back together

I honestly think Simpson is just out because he is burnt out. Poor thing has been run into the ground!

Happy with this team I saw tonight -hope they show up tomorrow too

Reactions: cleodog

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
In terms of lines, I'd be putting Stillman in the top 6 for a bit of a run and balancing the top 9 by dropping a couple guys down, probably Beck since he's not been able to find a spot to click anyway.

Avon - Robertson - Stillman
Othmann - Dubois - Lockhart
Hayes - Beck - Melee
It wasn't exactly these lines (Stillman and Lockhart were swapped) but man did the three balanced lines work tonight.

Coach Wilson, if you're reading this, I'll teach you about when to pull the goalie when you're trailing late next if you like.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
I thought Othman stepped up.

I see him Fist pumping his teammates, patting on the head, talking to all his teammates and I think all that other poor behaviour is behind him now.

Beck had an outstanding game -he flung the monkey off his back !
Othmann has been going out of his way to be a good teammate (at least visually on the ice, with the stick taps etc...) going back to last Thursday's game before he was scratched. Stillman still didn't even look his direction after the (beautiful) goal they combined on tonight, I hate to read into body language and I like Stillman but I wonder if locker room issues remain but it does seem like Othmann (and Robertson who was dominant tonight) is trying.

I really hope these guys can figure it out, there's all the skill for a deep run. Beck getting going, Stillman scored. White looking awesome after a rough start. Robertson hat trick. Avon, Lockhart, Hayes are just consistent most nights. Othmann makes plays every night no one else can. Just get it all together like tonight.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA

I stated facts, there was no bullying on my post but you respond high and mighty with name calling... Pretty cool. Have a nice day...

Newbie Observer

Feb 18, 2019
Unless you are part of the team, you have no idea if the player is a detriment or not. And like others on here say, that is a brutal comment. To say a goalie needs to make saves (his job) is different than characterizing a persons character without knowing them.
As for Wilson, the Petes needed an experienced coach who had coached Pro players. you needed to change your reputation where no one wanted to go there. Peterborough was not the place players and agents wanted to send their players (ie Will Cul, hell even McTavish). If you look at stats, in his time you have had more players waive no trade to come to peterborough and some not waiving in order to stay. I think as well, you have had the most players sign NHL contracts than any other OHL or CHL team in those years. Agents and parents know this, the fans dont. Why do you think Shane W and the Seattle listed Peterborough as a destination, it wasnt for the city. Why did Akil Tho decide Peter over london couple of years ago? May not have had the success in playoff wins you guys want, but players seem not to have a problem with the coaching, or they would be wanting out and their agents wouldnt want them here.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
That was the type of game we were expecting to see (with the included lapses in discipline and defence)with this group. It's nice to see the Lockhart-Robertson-Avon line together again and looking great. Both remaining games this weekend are winnable. Let's hope they keep this going and can lock down the 4th spot and home ice in round one.

Reactions: Section5Petes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad