Peterborough Petes 2015-16 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
:amazed:how did he do will he stay.:sarcasm:

McPhail barely played. The Petes would rather play the same top 6 guys who haven't been scoring all year (excluding Betzold who has been scoring). My problem is with the Petes overall lack of systems. The guys don't know what to do out there and let the other team play their game. We made Gigovaz look good by hitting him in the pads with long shots. This team needs an overhaul in their sytems to get all that talent focused and decisive.

guy97

from sarnia
Apr 16, 2015
McPhail barely played. The Petes would rather play the same top 6 guys who haven't been scoring all year (excluding Betzold who has been scoring). My problem is with the Petes overall lack of systems. The guys don't know what to do out there and let the other team play their game. We made Gigovaz look good by hitting him in the pads with long shots. This team needs an overhaul in their sytems to get all that talent focused and decisive.

:handclap::popcorn:

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Big win for the boys last night.. Hopefully they can cover that momentum over into Flint!

Go Petes Go!!

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
The Petes win in Flint and take two of three on western road trip -pretty impressive. The Petes have had two terrible games this year, one game they deserved better and the rest they have played well. A little inconsistent but look like an impressive young team. Betzold has impressed with his scoring.

fossil

Aug 10, 2014
This team needs an overhaul in their sytems to get all that talent focused and decisive.

This team needs a new coach. I have pretty much given up on the Petes as long as Jody is at the helm. All seem to agree the team has talent but how is this talent being utilized that is the question. Nothing has changed in Hull's tenure IMO. The special teams are all over the map and in zone coverage is well ... let's say it's "Interesting" most nights. Jody seems to think that good goaltending will cover up all the poor systems that have been in place since he took over. It will on some nights but if that is your master plan this team will be stuck fighting for a playoff spot every year despite how much talent it may have.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
This team needs an overhaul in their sytems to get all that talent focused and decisive.

This team needs a new coach. I have pretty much given up on the Petes as long as Jody is at the helm. All seem to agree the team has talent but how is this talent being utilized that is the question. Nothing has changed in Hull's tenure IMO. The special teams are all over the map and in zone coverage is well ... let's say it's "Interesting" most nights. Jody seems to think that good goaltending will cover up all the poor systems that have been in place since he took over. It will on some nights but if that is your master plan this team will be stuck fighting for a playoff spot every year despite how much talent it may have.

Tied for first in the eastern conference and your still complaining?

I agree with some of what you're saying... But just enjoy the good weekend the team just had...

fossil

Aug 10, 2014
Actually I said this 2 years ago on the Petes board and I still believe it. This team has been in a holding pattern since Jody finished his first season after taking over from Pelino.

Do you think this team has performed anywhere near where it should have? If scraping into the playoffs and maybe winning a round is enough to satisfy you then Hull is your man.

They did have a very good weekend but I have seen this movie before. The lack of structure and more importantly the lack of development in young promising players to me points directly behind the bench.

Now that being said we all know that nothing will happen no matter what the outcome on the ice is until Hull's contract is up so in the end it is what it is.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Actually I said this 2 years ago on the Petes board and I still believe it. This team has been in a holding pattern since Jody finished his first season after taking over from Pelino.

Do you think this team has performed anywhere near where it should have? If scraping into the playoffs and maybe winning a round is enough to satisfy you then Hull is your man.

They did have a very good weekend but I have seen this movie before. The lack of structure and more importantly the lack of development in young promising players to me points directly behind the bench.

Now that being said we all know that nothing will happen no matter what the outcome on the ice is until Hull's contract is up so in the end it is what it is.

Again, I don't disagree with you. Just an interesting time to voice this opinion...

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
First off the Petes did scrape into the playoffs in 2013-2014. They had 70 points and an above.500 record. They were 17 points ahead of the Belleville Bulls who placed 9th in the conference and 13 points ahead of the Niagara Ice Dogs who were just behind them in the standings. They were only 7 points out of having home ice advantage in the playoffs. They had a down season last year. This year they are playing well. They are 2 games above .500.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
It may be the frustration of having won just one playoff round in the past 9 years.

fossil

Aug 10, 2014
First off the Petes did scrape into the playoffs in 2013-2014. They had 70 points and an above.500 record. They were 17 points ahead of the Belleville Bulls who placed 9th in the conference and 13 points ahead of the Niagara Ice Dogs who were just behind them in the standings. They were only 7 points out of having home ice advantage in the playoffs. They had a down season last year. This year they are playing well. They are 2 games above .500.

Our goals are obviously much different. You are ok with anything above a .500 record and for me with the talent this team has had I see that as an underachievement.

I suppose with 1 playoff series win in 9 yrs (as Dukeguy stated) and several years of not making the playoffs it doesn't take much to make folks happy.

All I am saying is ask yourself these two questions : 1) have the talented young players reached their potential? 2) does this team play with a sense of structure and has it for the past 3 years?

If the answer is no then there is an issue behind the bench.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Petes steal a point off of a team that has yet to lose a game. Very impressed with the way they played in the first period and parts of the third.

We now sit alone at the top of the eastern conference!

Go Petes Go!!

Bucky96

Mar 2, 2015
Anyone have thoughts on who will be the first Pete traded? Im assuming Mancina.. Thoughts on where he may land?

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I wouldn't count on either being traded. There will not be a move made with this club till at least the end of November.

Makes sense... Can't wait too long though or your opportunity to stay near the top of the conference could start to fade away.

elindros

Oct 24, 2011
Makes sense... Can't wait too long though or your opportunity to stay near the top of the conference could start to fade away.

so the team has been successful for two weeks now and you want a trade?

I've read on here that you think our defense is good so there isn't a problem there. Who do you want to trade? and what do you think is needed?

The team has scored 33 goals on the season so far which is number 1 in the conference and 4th in the entire league. The teams needs to tighten up defensively, get the pp clicking and they'll be fine.

Acquiring an overager is the only thing that this team needs and there is no hurry to add that piece there are lots of options out there

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
so the team has been successful for two weeks now and you want a trade?

I've read on here that you think our defense is good so there isn't a problem there. Who do you want to trade? and what do you think is needed?

The team has scored 33 goals on the season so far which is number 1 in the conference and 4th in the entire league. The teams needs to tighten up defensively, get the pp clicking and they'll be fine.

Acquiring an overager is the only thing that this team needs and there is no hurry to add that piece there are lots of options out there

I want a trade to keep the momentum going. Good teams always make trades.... An overage forward would be nice but I wouldn't mind a solid '96 forward who will be part of the OA group for next season.

We are one injury away from Grima and Fraser playing every night in the top six as well... That's a recipe for disaster for a team that wants to stay near the top of the conference.

Will be interesting to see how it all pans out.... Oke's track record when it comes to trading is NOT pretty.

Edit: How long is Schulz going to be out? I like his aggressiveness on the PK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad