Peterborough Petes 2015-16 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeydogs

Sep 8, 2015
you're acting like you know the situation in Saginaw? He was not cut from Saginaw as you will see that a trade had to be made to get him. He didn't come for free. He has played 50 more games in the OHL more than everyone you mentioned other than Timleck. There is no way that he will take ice time away from Timleck or Gallant. The latter two are going to have to work to get their icetime as will McPhail.

You have not watched him in an exhibition game yet so relax on your judgment of him. We have no depth down the right side and he is needed.
So what did Saginaw get for him??

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
As a Saginaw fan I think people are being a little to hard on McPhail. Is he a offensive dynamo? Of course not, but he is a big body who hits, fights, and is a tough competitor. There are plenty of worse options for a bottom 6 forward. Any offense he brings is just a bonus.

elindros

Oct 24, 2011
As a Saginaw fan I think people are being a little to hard on McPhail. Is he a offensive dynamo? Of course not, but he is a big body who hits, fights, and is a tough competitor. There are plenty of worse options for a bottom 6 forward. Any offense he brings is just a bonus.

thank you for this, much appreciated

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I will let the media tell you this instead of hearing about it on here

Not saying it's not true but there is no mention of a trade on the OHL site nor has Saginaw mentioned that McPhail was traded. Just wondering why they wouldn't have announced something yet unless it also involves players at camps as well.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Not saying it's not true but there is no mention of a trade on the OHL site nor has Saginaw mentioned that McPhail was traded. Just wondering why they wouldn't have announced something yet unless it also involves players at camps as well.

I was curious about that as well.. Could this potentially be a bigger trade than just McPhail? One can hope...

elindros

Oct 24, 2011
I was curious about that as well.. Could this potentially be a bigger trade than just McPhail? One can hope...

its only McPhail for a draft pick. Relax. I said it will be announced today or tomorrow

elindros

Oct 24, 2011
not great news coming out of Tampa as Matt Spencer took a shot off of his foot and is injured. Fingers are crossed that xrays come back negative

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Kyle Jenkins and Steven Lorentz have been sent back to Peterborough from Carolina!!

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Ian McKinnon has been sent to Junior A Whitby. He had 3 points in 4 pre-season games.

I've got the Petes with 13 forwards on their roster including Cornel which I'm not sure if he's back from NHL camp.

elindros

Oct 24, 2011
with Eric Cornel arriving back in time for the game tonight, he will suit up for the season opener.

look for the lines to be

Betzold - Garlent - Maguire
Lorentz - Ang - Cornel
Coyle - Gallant - Timleck
Schultz - Denoble - McPhail

Spencer - Jenkins
Timms - Grima
Watson - Fraser

Mancina in net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad